Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am so bored of the Evans chat.... 11:15 - Jan 6 with 5989 viewsitfcjoe

.....he is what he is as an owner, willing to put in a few million a year, which realistically isn't enough to compete. But I can't imagine anyone lining up to take club off his hands.

Decision making is generally poor, has got a lot more wrong than he has right - and still relies to heavily on a manager to run the club from top to bottom.

It felt obvious that Mick was going to be hard to replace, despite what some people thought, and I can't believe we got it so wrong. I was worried at how long the search took at the time, and we should never have waited that long to appoint Hurst or anyone. It was stupid - but another failing of Evans.

Mick was the right man for us, but his time was up. Lambert feels the right man for us so I'll just get behind him and the club.

Lambert, like Mick before seems to enjoy working with Evans. Until Lambert resigns, I think Evans is the right man unless some multi billionaire comes along wanting to buy the club.

All this anger directed at Evans now is either way too late, and should have been what was happening when it was being directed at Mick - or is just ill judged for me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:09 - Jan 6 with 2232 viewsBackToRussia

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 11:50 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

Sorry it comes across like that - but all morning I've seen people going on about protests but nothing will actually happen.

As per my other post, if someone said we will be having a sit in after the game to protest, who is joining then I would have much more respect for that - as it is it is just moaning and quite aggressive moaning by some. My message to them is DO SOMETHING

Those that do post about organising protests are roundly mocked, though. So there are people trying to do something but they are given no support. A protest isn't going to be spontaneous, it has to be organised. And why not post on a message board? That's where fans discuss things. Where else would you post it? On a noticeboard?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:12 - Jan 6 with 2218 viewsGunnsAirkick

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 11:50 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

Sorry it comes across like that - but all morning I've seen people going on about protests but nothing will actually happen.

As per my other post, if someone said we will be having a sit in after the game to protest, who is joining then I would have much more respect for that - as it is it is just moaning and quite aggressive moaning by some. My message to them is DO SOMETHING

This is how I feel. I don't necessarily feel Evans has to go, but something has to change. So either he drops his asking price and steps up the search for a new owner, or drastically changes his strategy so that the chances of another Hurst level disaster are mitigated. Throwing balls on the pitch will change nothing, but I do want to make my feelings know, so a sit in or protest before the match outside (if someone can get it organised), I'd be all for. Would be good to see this discussed on Blue Monday to see how people feel about the situation. I know chomp has some strong feelings on the matter!
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 12:14]
Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:16 - Jan 6 with 2202 viewsitfcjoe

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:09 - Jan 6 by BackToRussia

Those that do post about organising protests are roundly mocked, though. So there are people trying to do something but they are given no support. A protest isn't going to be spontaneous, it has to be organised. And why not post on a message board? That's where fans discuss things. Where else would you post it? On a noticeboard?

Where has anyone actually posted about a proper organised protest? It's just thread after thread saying we need to do something.

I've even spelled out how an effective protest could work - a sit in after the game with chanting. But no one who is desperate to protest is willing to run with one simple idea - nothing will happen.

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:19 - Jan 6 with 2197 viewsbraveblue

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 11:20 - Jan 6 by Bluefish

I couldn't agree more. Why we have to try and keep finding people to blame and hate is beyond me, we are what we are so we should support to be the best we can be. There would be no magic fix without Evans so why attack the only source of money that is keeping us afloat. We are not in the top 40 biggest clubs on paper so a relegation to league 1 shouldn't be a big surprise. 2 managers before Mick took us to bottom and the 2 managers after Mick have us bottom. Much bigger teams have gone down and protested and never come back, others have gone down and focussed on support and come back stronger.

Totally disagree. Evans is a disgrace. We should let him know. Totally anonymous. Five point plan that kept his apologists quiet for a while. £10n in sales and £5m invested since this time last year. Dreadful decisions throughout his ownership. I. Elusive one of his other companies now owns the training ground - why did that happen?
Sorry, he is a complete disaster.
Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:21 - Jan 6 with 2186 viewsitfcjoe

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:19 - Jan 6 by braveblue

Totally disagree. Evans is a disgrace. We should let him know. Totally anonymous. Five point plan that kept his apologists quiet for a while. £10n in sales and £5m invested since this time last year. Dreadful decisions throughout his ownership. I. Elusive one of his other companies now owns the training ground - why did that happen?
Sorry, he is a complete disaster.

Who is stopping you letting him know?

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:27 - Jan 6 with 2174 viewsWestcountryblue

No, i'm sorry but how can you be bored of all this Marcus Evans chat??

As Paul Lambert quite rightly said yesterday, our club is an absolute mess and we as fans have every right to question the decisions that have led to this mess.

It's this kind of apathy and willingness to accept second best that has ruined this club.

Wake up for god sake, we are a big club in this division in terms of size and infrastructure. Not too long ago, we were challenging at the top of the table and drawing crowds of 25,000 plus most weeks.
Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:31 - Jan 6 with 2163 viewsitfcjoe

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:27 - Jan 6 by Westcountryblue

No, i'm sorry but how can you be bored of all this Marcus Evans chat??

As Paul Lambert quite rightly said yesterday, our club is an absolute mess and we as fans have every right to question the decisions that have led to this mess.

It's this kind of apathy and willingness to accept second best that has ruined this club.

Wake up for god sake, we are a big club in this division in terms of size and infrastructure. Not too long ago, we were challenging at the top of the table and drawing crowds of 25,000 plus most weeks.

Bored of chat without action.

It's like someone moaning about their job every week - either get a new job and quit or stop moaning.

If people want to protest, then do it. If they don't then don't.

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:49 - Jan 6 with 2153 viewsGavTWTD

The main problems that people have with Evans seems to be that he doesn't put enough money into the club, and is too hidden away.

The decision to get Hurst in was widely welcomed on here. A young manager on the up but Hurst made some bad decisions. Maybe people would have preferred Jack Ross but in Sunderland he had an easier first season and I'd argue that they're a bigger club.

I feel that a DoF (like Burley) would have stopped Hurst from making the mess that he did, and would allow Evans to remain in the shadows. I don't feel that Lambert needs a DoF as much but would be useful.

It's Evans' money and we know that increased investment doesn't guarantee promotion so is looking for an escape route. We know what damage the wrong manager can do to the club, but the wrong owner can do so much worse.

What controls do we have that the next owner is the right one? I presume that Evans could effectively sell to anyone, and if there's only one buyer then we could end up in a far worse scenario.

I've a lot of faith in Lambert and I'm just clinging to the hope that he gets in the right players to get us out of the bottom three. My problem is that I liked the appointment of all our recent managers so I'm a terrible judge.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Login to get fewer ads

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:50 - Jan 6 with 2138 viewsBluefish

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:49 - Jan 6 by GavTWTD

The main problems that people have with Evans seems to be that he doesn't put enough money into the club, and is too hidden away.

The decision to get Hurst in was widely welcomed on here. A young manager on the up but Hurst made some bad decisions. Maybe people would have preferred Jack Ross but in Sunderland he had an easier first season and I'd argue that they're a bigger club.

I feel that a DoF (like Burley) would have stopped Hurst from making the mess that he did, and would allow Evans to remain in the shadows. I don't feel that Lambert needs a DoF as much but would be useful.

It's Evans' money and we know that increased investment doesn't guarantee promotion so is looking for an escape route. We know what damage the wrong manager can do to the club, but the wrong owner can do so much worse.

What controls do we have that the next owner is the right one? I presume that Evans could effectively sell to anyone, and if there's only one buyer then we could end up in a far worse scenario.

I've a lot of faith in Lambert and I'm just clinging to the hope that he gets in the right players to get us out of the bottom three. My problem is that I liked the appointment of all our recent managers so I'm a terrible judge.

How much money is acceptable for a club our size? Where is the line between hated and acceptable?

He probably puts in more vs turn over than Andy Holt but we have all said how well he is doing.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:54 - Jan 6 with 2126 viewsFixed_It

Good post (for a techy!).

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:54 - Jan 6 with 2125 viewsbackwaywhen

He needs a middle man who knows the ins and outs of running a football club , for want of a better word ...a Director of football to work alongside Lambert .
Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 14:02 - Jan 6 with 2073 viewsBackToRussia

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 12:16 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

Where has anyone actually posted about a proper organised protest? It's just thread after thread saying we need to do something.

I've even spelled out how an effective protest could work - a sit in after the game with chanting. But no one who is desperate to protest is willing to run with one simple idea - nothing will happen.

You're basically saying you want someone to post of an already organised event otherwise you can't talk about it, missing the obvious point that this is the perfect forum *to* organise a protest, of which could subsequently be advertised in various places/media.

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) by blueysbackside 5 Jan 2019 18:44
If we are serious about getting rid of the owner, then action is demanded. This could be in the form of a protest. In the predicament that we are in, I'd suggest going on to the pitch after one home game and demanding the exit of Evans. I for one don't want to to see him go but there comes a time when change is required at the very top. And now is the time.

Gavin....you have a role to play here even though you are a journalist. You can help force a change for the good of a club we all love.

Local journos Stuart Watson and Andy Warren should also be contacted. I've asked them in the past to do an Evans, Enough Is Enough double-page spread. They haven't felt the need to go to such lengths. Perhaps now they will if enough of us tweet/contact them.

If we are serious about change, then we need to do more then vent our spleen here. I'd be quite happy to contact Stuart and Andy again and tell them we - as a group of fans - are in the process of arranging a protest after a forthcoming game.

Is that what everyone wants? Thoughts please.

Gav, what do you think?

I've written this with my hands shaking...I am so sorry with the way things have turned out at the club I have loved for 40 or so years. It brings a tear to the eye. It's got to the point where I doubt I'll ever bring my kids to PR.

To my mind the biggest obstacle to a protest looks like the lack of popular support. Most people don't want to protest. I think Evans has got himself a pretty easy to please set of fans. Even if we get relegated, most Town fans (at least on TWTD) would seem to be broadly supportive of him.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 14:23 - Jan 6 with 2056 viewsitfcjoe

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 14:02 - Jan 6 by BackToRussia

You're basically saying you want someone to post of an already organised event otherwise you can't talk about it, missing the obvious point that this is the perfect forum *to* organise a protest, of which could subsequently be advertised in various places/media.

if you want Evans out, read this (FAO Gav) by blueysbackside 5 Jan 2019 18:44
If we are serious about getting rid of the owner, then action is demanded. This could be in the form of a protest. In the predicament that we are in, I'd suggest going on to the pitch after one home game and demanding the exit of Evans. I for one don't want to to see him go but there comes a time when change is required at the very top. And now is the time.

Gavin....you have a role to play here even though you are a journalist. You can help force a change for the good of a club we all love.

Local journos Stuart Watson and Andy Warren should also be contacted. I've asked them in the past to do an Evans, Enough Is Enough double-page spread. They haven't felt the need to go to such lengths. Perhaps now they will if enough of us tweet/contact them.

If we are serious about change, then we need to do more then vent our spleen here. I'd be quite happy to contact Stuart and Andy again and tell them we - as a group of fans - are in the process of arranging a protest after a forthcoming game.

Is that what everyone wants? Thoughts please.

Gav, what do you think?

I've written this with my hands shaking...I am so sorry with the way things have turned out at the club I have loved for 40 or so years. It brings a tear to the eye. It's got to the point where I doubt I'll ever bring my kids to PR.

To my mind the biggest obstacle to a protest looks like the lack of popular support. Most people don't want to protest. I think Evans has got himself a pretty easy to please set of fans. Even if we get relegated, most Town fans (at least on TWTD) would seem to be broadly supportive of him.

And what has come out of those threads? F*ck all - that's my point

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 14:25 - Jan 6 with 2052 viewspennblue

I can't see how things can get much worse, I mean if we go to League One, and then maybe League Two, it could be the best thing.

Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you get the bounce, and we would get the bounce, they all do, whether it is Oxford, Pompey, Sunderland, Norwich, they all get a bounce.

and seriously, with Evan's investment levels, if he cuts cloth when we go down, then we really are at the stage where the supporters can step in and buy the club, 'as long as' he is prepared to strike off the Debts, and that is the big question here.

If you get 10k supporters putting in £300 per season, that is £3 million for starters. Not sure how easy it would be to get that though - obviously this was tried before with the debentures, and the uptake was not massive

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 14:27 - Jan 6 with 2047 viewsfooters

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 14:25 - Jan 6 by pennblue

I can't see how things can get much worse, I mean if we go to League One, and then maybe League Two, it could be the best thing.

Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom before you get the bounce, and we would get the bounce, they all do, whether it is Oxford, Pompey, Sunderland, Norwich, they all get a bounce.

and seriously, with Evan's investment levels, if he cuts cloth when we go down, then we really are at the stage where the supporters can step in and buy the club, 'as long as' he is prepared to strike off the Debts, and that is the big question here.

If you get 10k supporters putting in £300 per season, that is £3 million for starters. Not sure how easy it would be to get that though - obviously this was tried before with the debentures, and the uptake was not massive

If you're unimpressed by Evans' lack of financial firepower I'd hate to think what state the club would be in if it relied on fan ownership.

We'd be playing in the conference quicker than you could say 'Clegg'.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 14:47 - Jan 6 with 2033 viewsKeaneish

Directing anger isn’t something this board takes kindly to though is it? Any momentum gets nipped in the bud whether it be at MM, ME or whoever else might in the firing line. Sometimes it probably is Ill advised but now look at the state of affairs, it’s now beyond repair unless PL can work a miracle. Too much apathy in truth and the owner and execs are never held accountable.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 14:52 - Jan 6 with 2019 viewsMullet

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 14:47 - Jan 6 by Keaneish

Directing anger isn’t something this board takes kindly to though is it? Any momentum gets nipped in the bud whether it be at MM, ME or whoever else might in the firing line. Sometimes it probably is Ill advised but now look at the state of affairs, it’s now beyond repair unless PL can work a miracle. Too much apathy in truth and the owner and execs are never held accountable.

Simply not true that is it? There was daily who can get angry at MM for no real reason competitions on here and elsewhere.

The problem with protests in the past is that they are about the protesters not the protest all too often.

See the difference between Section 6's approach and Blue Action's for a comparison in another aspect of fan action.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 16:24 - Jan 6 with 1969 viewsitfcjoe

Am so bored of the Evans chat.... on 14:47 - Jan 6 by Keaneish

I think because most bits of anger are just mindless abuse at the end of a defeat or maoning on here - I've not seen any that is constructive, or likely to achieve anything.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024