Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking 22:05 - Jan 16 with 32973 viewsVic

JC hasn’t yet responded to Mays invitation to meet with her to find a way forward.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Shocking on 14:13 - Jan 17 with 5978 viewsNo9

Shocking on 14:02 - Jan 17 by sparks

JC has quite purposely set a condition he knows will not be met despite preaching dialogue and 'listening'. He is playing party political games or is so wed to his status as the underdog yapping at the elite that he is unable to do anything else.

May- Hi EU dudes. We're in a pickle. Can you consider some revisions to the deal? If not, we wont leave without a deal under any circumstances anyway.

Brussels: So.... you stay if we cant agree a deal? Sounds good to us. Thanks for dropping by.

Accodring to a tory on the radio last night there are 550 MP's who are behind this No deal off the table move.
Others who met with Mrs May last night put down the same conditions
& now the CBI are more or less demanding it which is why the Chencellor & Business Secretary have said 'no deal ' won't happen?
Shocking on 14:21 - Jan 17 with 5962 viewsNo9

Shocking on 22:18 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

Bizarre considering he has spent all day saying that she should be talking to him and other party leaders.

He really is a man of straw.

She is a bit late isn't she - after insulting the EU she wants their help.
After insulting Corybn she wants him to bails her out - ALL he has done is what many of her party & cabinet wants - isn't that the case?

Or are your inimitable double standrds at play again?
Shocking on 14:25 - Jan 17 with 5959 viewseireblue

Shocking on 14:02 - Jan 17 by sparks

JC has quite purposely set a condition he knows will not be met despite preaching dialogue and 'listening'. He is playing party political games or is so wed to his status as the underdog yapping at the elite that he is unable to do anything else.

May- Hi EU dudes. We're in a pickle. Can you consider some revisions to the deal? If not, we wont leave without a deal under any circumstances anyway.

Brussels: So.... you stay if we cant agree a deal? Sounds good to us. Thanks for dropping by.

The option to stay in the EU is not on the table. May does not have that in her gift to give to the EU.

The only options are leave, or no-deal leave.

I am not sure there is an equivalence between removing no-deal from the table, to stating the UK is likely to stay in the EU.

No-deal leave is very bad for the UK.

And you are agreeing with my point, as soon as the EU thinks the UK could stay, then yes, they should not bother negotiating.
EU would be sensible to then say, of course you can stay for a nice afternoon tea, or have a sh1t sandwich, or nothing, pick one.

Unless you can describe and quantify a deal that is achievable, that is worse than a no-deal, then a no-deal is never an option, it is just the worst outcome. And all parties are aware of that.
Shocking on 14:33 - Jan 17 with 5939 viewsNo9

Shocking on 14:25 - Jan 17 by eireblue

The option to stay in the EU is not on the table. May does not have that in her gift to give to the EU.

I am not sure there is an equivalence between removing no-deal from the table, to stating the UK is likely to stay in the EU.

And you are agreeing with my point, as soon as the EU thinks the UK could stay, then yes, they should not bother negotiating.
EU would be sensible to then say, of course you can stay for a nice afternoon tea, or have a sh1t sandwich, or nothing, pick one.

Unless you can describe and quantify a deal that is achievable, that is worse than a no-deal, then a no-deal is never an option, it is just the worst outcome. And all parties are aware of that.

According to the chancellor & business secretary ' No deal' is off the table

An intersting move from a german spokesman last night was sort of, "stay in the Union & hope me reform it'
Whike the French position seems to be good riddance

The most intersting development is coming from the leave group in the cabinet
when will the tories split is now on the cards insn't it?
Shocking on 14:37 - Jan 17 with 5923 viewsZedRodgers

Shocking on 13:45 - Jan 17 by GlasgowBlue

No. I ended up blocking you because you accused me of threatening to expose you to @GnasherJew when I hadn't and then couldn't provide any evidence to back up your claim.

Get your facts right mate.

btw. Corbyn in the Morning Star:

"After wreaths were laid at the graves of those who died on that day and on the graves of others killed by Mossad agents in Paris in 1991

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/a-98de-palestine-united-1

Funny how you only mention those killed on 1985
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 13:49]

I think if there's one thing everybody on this board can agree on, it's that you are the person who needs to get your facts right.

Time and time again you find yourself trying to climb out of the hole you've dug for yourself, either by borrowing discredited soundbites or by misrepresenting genuine facts. Act your age, brother.

No, not at the moment

Shocking on 14:38 - Jan 17 with 5924 viewssparks

Shocking on 14:25 - Jan 17 by eireblue

I think you miss my point. Take no deal off the table and the Eu has absolurely no reason to discuss anything further. Indeed they could start making fresh demands.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Shocking on 14:39 - Jan 17 with 5915 viewsNo9

Shocking on 14:38 - Jan 17 by sparks

I think you miss my point. Take no deal off the table and the Eu has absolurely no reason to discuss anything further. Indeed they could start making fresh demands.

How so?
Shocking on 14:44 - Jan 17 with 5912 viewssparks

Shocking on 14:39 - Jan 17 by No9

How so?

?

You cant succeed in negotiations with nothing to negotiate.

If no deal was somehow made impossible (which it really cant be given its the default position) then eu can simply say take ut or leave it, safe in the knowledge that we will take it or Remain.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Shocking on 14:49 - Jan 17 with 5896 viewsNo9

Shocking on 14:44 - Jan 17 by sparks

?

You cant succeed in negotiations with nothing to negotiate.

If no deal was somehow made impossible (which it really cant be given its the default position) then eu can simply say take ut or leave it, safe in the knowledge that we will take it or Remain.

There is two things I learned from negotiating -1/ you don't insult the other party &, 2/ when you have signed an agreement it is difficult if not impossible to reopen it.

The UK voted to leave and that has been the thrust of negotiations from the UK's less than competent side, the EU had a professoinal negotiator and a common cause.
I think you will agree 1 V 27 isn't a good place to start?

Listening to a number of EU spokespeople last night only the Germans had anything positive to say & that was on the lines of stay.

But wait to see what the bresxiteers in the cabinet do with Baker thoriwing legal papers around
Shocking on 14:54 - Jan 17 with 5888 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shocking on 14:37 - Jan 17 by ZedRodgers

I think if there's one thing everybody on this board can agree on, it's that you are the person who needs to get your facts right.

Time and time again you find yourself trying to climb out of the hole you've dug for yourself, either by borrowing discredited soundbites or by misrepresenting genuine facts. Act your age, brother.

Oh dear. When losing the argument then you fall back on tired old insults.

I bid you good day.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Shocking on 14:59 - Jan 17 with 5868 viewsZedRodgers

Shocking on 14:54 - Jan 17 by GlasgowBlue

Oh dear. When losing the argument then you fall back on tired old insults.

I bid you good day.

GlasgowBlue: Get your facts right

Me: It's you that needs to get your facts right

GlasgowBlue: Oh dear. When losing the argument then you fall back on tired old insults [sic]

I must learn not to engage in your nonsense.

No, not at the moment

Shocking on 15:17 - Jan 17 with 5855 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shocking on 14:59 - Jan 17 by ZedRodgers

GlasgowBlue: Get your facts right

Me: It's you that needs to get your facts right

GlasgowBlue: Oh dear. When losing the argument then you fall back on tired old insults [sic]

I must learn not to engage in your nonsense.

‘Act your age, brother”

Back on the div list you go .

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Shocking on 15:27 - Jan 17 with 5840 viewseireblue

Shocking on 14:38 - Jan 17 by sparks

I do understand your point.

I just don't accept the position that people think this is a negotiation.

The Tory party framing this as a negotiation, is flawed, always has been. DD compounded it by being particularly bad.

The EU don't have any demands.

The UK is asking for something.

UK wants stuff from the EU after April.

UK will be like any other country that wants something from the EU, in April.

The difference is we were in the EU and leaving the EU creates a downside for the EU.
But that is decided. That downside exists.

So the dynamic between the EU and UK, is of course different between the EU and A.N. Other country.
But the principle is the same.

A Country wants stuff from the EU.

It is the choice of the EU to offer a deal or no deal. The no-deal option will always be available to the EU.

The EU doesn't have to offer anything.

Unfortunately, to me, it seems the UK is in the position of a child in a supermarket, that wants another sweet.
Shocking on 15:28 - Jan 17 with 5839 viewsSpruceMoose

Shocking on 15:17 - Jan 17 by GlasgowBlue

‘Act your age, brother”

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Shocking on 15:35 - Jan 17 with 5823 viewsZedRodgers

Shocking on 15:17 - Jan 17 by GlasgowBlue

‘Act your age, brother”

See you in another life, brother.

No, not at the moment

Shocking on 15:35 - Jan 17 with 5827 viewsSpruceMoose

Shocking on 15:27 - Jan 17 by eireblue

I do understand your point.

I just don't accept the position that people think this is a negotiation.

The Tory party framing this as a negotiation, is flawed, always has been. DD compounded it by being particularly bad.

The EU don't have any demands.

The UK is asking for something.

UK wants stuff from the EU after April.

UK will be like any other country that wants something from the EU, in April.

The difference is we were in the EU and leaving the EU creates a downside for the EU.
But that is decided. That downside exists.

So the dynamic between the EU and UK, is of course different between the EU and A.N. Other country.
But the principle is the same.

A Country wants stuff from the EU.

It is the choice of the EU to offer a deal or no deal. The no-deal option will always be available to the EU.

The EU doesn't have to offer anything.

Unfortunately, to me, it seems the UK is in the position of a child in a supermarket, that wants another sweet.

The child had better get use to scavenging for stray floor grapes in the fruit and veg aisle.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Shocking on 16:01 - Jan 17 with 5807 viewsStokieBlue

He's actually sent a letter to the PLP asking all of them not to engage with May until she agrees to his criteria.

Benn has already ignored him and gone to speak to them.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Shocking on 16:05 - Jan 17 with 5793 viewsNo9

Shocking on 16:01 - Jan 17 by StokieBlue

He's actually sent a letter to the PLP asking all of them not to engage with May until she agrees to his criteria.

Benn has already ignored him and gone to speak to them.

SB

As Hilary Benn is the chairman of the Exiting the European Union, so in that position he is duty bund to meet the government
Shocking on 16:07 - Jan 17 with 5790 viewsStokieBlue

Shocking on 16:05 - Jan 17 by No9

As Hilary Benn is the chairman of the Exiting the European Union, so in that position he is duty bund to meet the government

He's not really, he even had to defend his decision stating the letter was a "request" in his opinion.

Yvette Cooper and John Mann have also been.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Shocking on 16:09 - Jan 17 with 5787 viewsNo9

Shocking on 16:07 - Jan 17 by StokieBlue

He's not really, he even had to defend his decision stating the letter was a "request" in his opinion.

SB

What do you mean he's not really?
Hilary Benn is the chairman of the HoC select Committee, if you don't belevie em look it up
Shocking on 16:18 - Jan 17 with 5767 viewsZedRodgers

Shocking on 16:07 - Jan 17 by StokieBlue

SB

And they've all come out stating the same thing as Corbyn - That no deal must be ruled out before any compromise can be made.

This is nothing more than a PR stunt from the government.

No, not at the moment

Shocking on 16:33 - Jan 17 with 5745 viewsNo9

Shocking on 16:18 - Jan 17 by ZedRodgers

And they've all come out stating the same thing as Corbyn - That no deal must be ruled out before any compromise can be made.

This is nothing more than a PR stunt from the government.

The SNP bloke & VInce Cable said last night that was what they told Mrs May, if she didn't take no deal off the table there was nothign to discuss

This is just abnother pointless anti Corbyn thread to direct attention away from the real issues
Shocking on 18:46 - Jan 17 with 5696 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

has the UK ever had two more useless, inept leaders of the two main parties at the same time?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Shocking on 00:50 - Jan 21 with 5590 viewsZedRodgers

This thread has aged well.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/20/theresa-may-cross-party-consens

Looks like Corbyn was right all along. An opaque PR stunt.

No, not at the moment

Shocking on 04:31 - Jan 21 with 5574 viewsBenters2

Shocking on 22:11 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

Good old Jezza. He's met with the IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah, Bashar al-Assad and all manner of nasty people. All in the name of dialogue according to his fan club.

But he refuses to meet with Mrs May unless she accepts his terms.

He's a nasty man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024