Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Villa Lambert 02:13 - Jan 21 with 3173 viewsMrTown

Let’s not go to Villa and squeeze in new signings. Let’s go to Villa with an attack minded team, try and play some exciting football because the reality is results mean nothing now. Let’s prepare for next season:

Bialkowski
Pennington / Chambers / Collins / Kenlock
Skuse/ Downes
Lankester / Bishop / Judge
Keane

Kenlock and Downes are going to be here next year, Elder and Chalobah aren’t, I can’t see too much difference in the players so let’s trust our own.

Lankester being dropped at Blackburn was a joke, but desperate to get Judge, Sears, Quaner.

Don’t know Bishop can’t get minutes.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Team for Villa Lambert on 02:18 - Jan 21 with 3156 viewsChampionship

Anyone who is willing to accept giving up while staying up is still possible doesn't understand how disastrous relegation would be.

I don't care what the chances are and I don't care how likely you think it is. We are not mathematically down.
Team for Villa Lambert on 02:29 - Jan 21 with 3143 viewsBenters2

Go for the win.

End of.
Team for Villa Lambert on 03:23 - Jan 21 with 3120 viewsMrTown

Team for Villa Lambert on 02:18 - Jan 21 by Championship

Anyone who is willing to accept giving up while staying up is still possible doesn't understand how disastrous relegation would be.

I don't care what the chances are and I don't care how likely you think it is. We are not mathematically down.

We are down, don’t be silly.

Team for Villa Lambert on 03:27 - Jan 21 with 3116 viewsMrTown

Team for Villa Lambert on 02:29 - Jan 21 by Benters2

Go for the win.

End of.

That team above has a lot more creativity than anything we have been showing in recent times.

If we go there, play our usual team with usual mentality accommodating players such as: Quaner, Chalobah, Sears we will be defeated before we even step onto the pitch.

If we do our usual approach, we will be comfortably beaten 2-0 or 3-0 and offer very little all game.

We have no identity with the way we are playing at the moment.

Team for Villa Lambert on 09:14 - Jan 21 with 2939 viewsRichOBlue

That’s the team I suggested to a couple of mates Saturday Kenlock deserves to be given the left back slot to lose and imo Downes is better than Chalobah anyway Quaner will take ages to get match fit so bring him on when desperate is all he’s good for right now

Poll: What formation suits us best?

Team for Villa Lambert on 09:36 - Jan 21 with 2900 viewsJammyDodgerrr

The funny thing about your post is we are trying to play attack minded football and Lambert is planning for next season, clearly. Out of the signings, we probably won't have Collins or Quaner but we could conceivably have the rest.

Gerken
Pennington Chambers Collins Elder
Skuse Trev
Lankester Judge Sears
Keane

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Team for Villa Lambert on 09:37 - Jan 21 with 2900 viewsfloridaboy

Team for Villa Lambert on 03:23 - Jan 21 by MrTown

But we are not down yet. Until It is mathematically impossible to get out of it then anything is possible.

Defeatist!!!!!!
Team for Villa Lambert on 09:44 - Jan 21 with 2887 viewsKeaneish

We're really not. A loss to Rotherham and we would have been. At present we still have an outside chance. 1 win and defeats for the others turns this whole thing on its head and puts the pressure on with Reading (H) and Bolton (A) to come.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Villa Lambert on 09:59 - Jan 21 with 2851 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

The biggest issue has been trying to get Keane and Quaner into the same team when we are so weak in midfield..

Keane as a deeper lying no. 10 doesn't give us enough when we don't have posession so the obvious solution would be to play one of Keane or Quaner with Judge/Bishop/Huws playing behind to be able to add a little more support to Skuse & Trev
Team for Villa Lambert on 10:41 - Jan 21 with 2800 viewsMattinLondon

At a time when we need to score, do you think we really need two holding players?
Team for Villa Lambert on 10:48 - Jan 21 with 2781 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Team for Villa Lambert on 10:41 - Jan 21 by MattinLondon

At a time when we need to score, do you think we really need two holding players?

Scoring goals is all well and good, but if we can't keep them out at the other end it really doesn't matter.

Lambert seems set on Skuse and Chalobah (currently) but they need someone else in front of them who is more naturally suited to playing as an attacking midfielder as the physical gap up to the strikers is too big and teams just overun us in there.

Personally I'd play Skuse and Judge together with Bish or Huws ahead of them.
Team for Villa Lambert on 10:55 - Jan 21 with 2756 viewsGuthrum

Seven points behind with 57 still to play for.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Team for Villa Lambert on 11:51 - Jan 21 with 2664 viewstextbackup

Team for Villa Lambert on 02:18 - Jan 21 by Championship

but still, i'd be dropping Trev for downes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Team for Villa Lambert on 11:57 - Jan 21 with 2660 viewsMattinLondon

Team for Villa Lambert on 10:48 - Jan 21 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Scoring goals is all well and good, but if we can't keep them out at the other end it really doesn't matter.

Lambert seems set on Skuse and Chalobah (currently) but they need someone else in front of them who is more naturally suited to playing as an attacking midfielder as the physical gap up to the strikers is too big and teams just overun us in there.

Personally I'd play Skuse and Judge together with Bish or Huws ahead of them.

But we are slipping goals at an alarming rate. Two holding players and still when an opposition player runs from midfield they seem to have an eternity on the ball.
Team for Villa Lambert on 12:59 - Jan 21 with 2581 viewsChampionship

Why accept our fate? We have a load of new signings who have played 1-2 games together. It really is stupid to give up so I really wonder why you're so keen to do so.
Team for Villa Lambert on 13:07 - Jan 21 with 2560 viewsEly_Blue

You say you don’t want to see Lambert squeeze players into the team but you are insisting on squeezing in an out of form keeper in place of Gerken who has done nothing to deserve being dropped for other than not being called Bart!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Team for Villa Lambert on 13:09 - Jan 21 with 2553 viewsmonty_radio

It's when people post all kinds of variation on a team, using players that have not been making the squad and players that you might well wish hadn't, that you appreciate just how thin we are.

We've seen more than enough below par players and performances to understand, having utilised everybody at some point, that if we are going to get anywhere near the miracle, the only thing left is to play better. 90 minutes of perspiration and, from somewhere, some inspiration (several times over).

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024