Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
after today we're in a better position 21:09 - Jan 26 with 7351 viewspositivity

mathematically speaking.

rotherham are the team to catch, their loss means they're on course to finish with 39.5 points, therefore we only need 40 to stay up. we've got a game less, but away to villa would have been one of our toughest on paper.

unfortunately, even if that target comes true, that still needs us to win 6-8 games out of 17, which seems a very long shot on our form.

time to take some risks lambert, play some attacking midfielders, try 2 up front, nothing to lose now

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

after today we're in a better position on 21:13 - Jan 26 with 6450 viewsBlueNode

I personally think Reading are the team to overtake and stay in front of... They are the team most likely to make it out of the bottom 4.

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

after today we're in a better position on 21:14 - Jan 26 with 6440 viewsdavblue

think you are forgetting 2 other teams also who are above us.

Not happening, make peace with it.
after today we're in a better position on 21:16 - Jan 26 with 6414 viewspositivity

after today we're in a better position on 21:13 - Jan 26 by BlueNode

I personally think Reading are the team to overtake and stay in front of... They are the team most likely to make it out of the bottom 4.

think you're right,hoping for a draw on tuesday

after today we're in a better position on 21:17 - Jan 26 with 6397 viewsgainsboroughblue

Another game less to go and no further points taken.

Not sure I'm buying this.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

after today we're in a better position on 21:18 - Jan 26 with 6395 viewspositivity

after today we're in a better position on 21:14 - Jan 26 by davblue

not forgetting them, just purely mathematically, they have less average points than rotherham.

i also don't think it'll happen, but not quite given up hope yet, despite all available evidence to the contrary!

after today we're in a better position on 21:29 - Jan 26 with 6316 viewsSitfcB

Bolton v Reading on Tuesday.

Draw pls.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

after today we're in a better position on 21:36 - Jan 26 with 6283 viewsbackwaywhen

What if the 3 above us just cannot muster another win between them ! ... anything is possible .
after today we're in a better position on 21:45 - Jan 26 with 6229 viewsNSL

If my auntie had boll0cks she’d be my uncle

Poll: Who was primarily at fault for the defensive mix-up yesterday?

Login to get fewer ads

after today we're in a better position on 21:55 - Jan 26 with 6194 viewsVaughan8

One game less and the same points behind.....let me think about this
after today we're in a better position on 22:31 - Jan 26 with 6111 viewspositivity

after today we're in a better position on 21:55 - Jan 26 by Vaughan8

One game less and the same points behind.....let me think about this

i know it seems odd, but that's the maths, yesterday our target was 42, now it's 40!
clutching at straws, but still drowning...

after today we're in a better position on 23:44 - Jan 26 with 5984 viewsBlue_Moses

after today we're in a better position on 21:17 - Jan 26 by gainsboroughblue

Another game less to go and no further points taken.

Not sure I'm buying this.

Agreed. I accepted it after Bristol City at home, some people have some tough times ahead.
after today we're in a better position on 04:02 - Jan 27 with 5849 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

after today we're in a better position on 22:31 - Jan 26 by positivity

i know it seems odd, but that's the maths, yesterday our target was 42, now it's 40!
clutching at straws, but still drowning...

No, we need to make up 7 points to stay up

On Friday we had 19 games to do it, now we only have 18

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

after today we're in a better position on 04:40 - Jan 27 with 5826 viewsTownly

I agree with that.

[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 4:44]
after today we're in a better position on 05:44 - Jan 27 with 5798 viewsBenters2

after today we're in a better position on 21:45 - Jan 26 by NSL

If my auntie had boll0cks she’d be my uncle

Not in this day and age.

Regarding football we are down it’s that simple.
after today we're in a better position on 10:10 - Jan 27 with 5595 viewsBlueBadger

after today we're in a better position on 21:36 - Jan 26 by backwaywhen

What if the 3 above us just cannot muster another win between them ! ... anything is possible .

Trouble is, where can you see us mustering enough points to overhaul them?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

after today we're in a better position on 15:16 - Jan 27 with 5396 viewspositivity

after today we're in a better position on 04:02 - Jan 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No, we need to make up 7 points to stay up

On Friday we had 19 games to do it, now we only have 18

nope, we need 7 *more than* rotherham to catch them, but rotherham's average has fallen, so our target has fallen...

after today we're in a better position on 15:23 - Jan 27 with 5378 viewsTractorCam

after today we're in a better position on 15:16 - Jan 27 by positivity

nope, we need 7 *more than* rotherham to catch them, but rotherham's average has fallen, so our target has fallen...

And we don't win any games. Obviously we all dream of a miracle but time to face the facts.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

after today we're in a better position on 15:39 - Jan 27 with 5342 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

after today we're in a better position on 15:16 - Jan 27 by positivity

That’s not how it works though. If both us and Rotherham lose our next 10 games, their average would be through the floor, but we’d still be 7 points behind them with only 7 games to play

No week in which we lose improves our chances of staying up, mathematically

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

after today we're in a better position on 15:59 - Jan 27 with 5324 viewsHARRY10

after today we're in a better position on 10:10 - Jan 27 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, where can you see us mustering enough points to overhaul them?

It is not simply a case of catching them , it is also one of staying ahead.

If their average suggests finishing on 41 points we would need 42 minimum assuming neither Reading nor Bolton improve their average. That average would now have us on 42 points - equal ninth and a few points of the playoffs . Nothing suggests we are capable of that.

We still have six out of the top seven to play. If we don't pick up a fair amount of points from those games, it would mean seven wins and three draws out of the other 10 games..

As others on here have said, us losing does not improve matters irrespective of what those above do. It just means there are less games to do it in.
after today we're in a better position on 16:08 - Jan 27 with 5306 viewsBenters2

after today we're in a better position on 15:59 - Jan 27 by HARRY10

It is not simply a case of catching them , it is also one of staying ahead.

If their average suggests finishing on 41 points we would need 42 minimum assuming neither Reading nor Bolton improve their average. That average would now have us on 42 points - equal ninth and a few points of the playoffs . Nothing suggests we are capable of that.

We still have six out of the top seven to play. If we don't pick up a fair amount of points from those games, it would mean seven wins and three draws out of the other 10 games..

As others on here have said, us losing does not improve matters irrespective of what those above do. It just means there are less games to do it in.

Crap i didnt realise we had all those top teams to play.
after today we're in a better position on 16:25 - Jan 27 with 5279 viewsLeagueOne

after today we're in a better position on 21:14 - Jan 26 by davblue

It's simple.

We cannot score.

We cannot defend.

If you can't do either you lose games! It's hard to win games when you have 1 goal at best in your entire starting eleven.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

after today we're in a better position on 16:32 - Jan 27 with 5263 viewsBenters2

after today we're in a better position on 16:25 - Jan 27 by LeagueOne

It's simple.

We cannot score.

We cannot defend.

If you can't do either you lose games! It's hard to win games when you have 1 goal at best in your entire starting eleven.

Like me its that simple.
after today we're in a better position on 16:46 - Jan 27 with 5233 viewsDripFedFred

Agree.

Although they play Rotherham and Bolton in the next month, that might change my opinion.
after today we're in a better position on 16:58 - Jan 27 with 5203 viewsHARRY10

I would agree with that about Reading. Look at their signings (loans).
Arsenal keeper, two Chelsea midfielder and the scum's Olivera. They will make a difference at this level, and assuming there;s no others.

I don't think it is only the bottom four as I would suggest that Millwall's FA Cup games till take a toll. Likewise Wigan are still withing grasp. Otherwise Brentford and above should be able to pick up enouth points over the remaing games to keep out of trouble.

Another eight or so points and the run in could be 'enjpyable'if that is the word but at the moment things look rather sorted as far as we are concerned.
after today we're in a better position on 17:01 - Jan 27 with 5191 viewseireblue

I agree Mathematically speaking, you could assume that the three teams above us will continue the points per game for the rest of the season, that they have so far managed to maintain so far.

In which case to be in with a chance around the last match of the season, we need to score about 1.3 ppg.

To be assured survival, we need about 1.5 ppg.

Currently we are gaining about 0.65 ppg.

We need to be twice as good for the rest of the season as we have been so far to be in with a shout.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024