Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F*cking gutted frankly 16:57 - Feb 2 with 4118 viewsMullet

The fight just isn't there. The belief certainly isn't. What happened to where we left off at Villa park?

I know the defence was makeshift and Wednesday should have buried us, but Judge doesn't work out wide, Quaner doesn't work through the middle and Freddie doesn't work without someone to make the ball stick.

It's not Lambert's fault we're going down, but to line up at home protecting the defence suggests he had no faith in Toto et al. An extra body up top and we might have had a totally different game from the off.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:00 - Feb 2 with 3747 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think it's reached the point where we have to throw caution to the wind. Expectations are now rock bottom so I think we would all be happy giving it a good go regardless of the result.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:01 - Feb 2 with 3735 viewschristiand

Face it Mullet, we're a poor side for this level of football. Wednesday's keeper, Westwood literally had nothing to do other than take goal kicks, just embarrassing for a home side. Anyone on this forum that had any aspirations of us retaining our Championship status needs to think again.....just woeful and toothless!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:02 - Feb 2 with 3703 viewsFrimleyBlue

Could be because we have 15 players who can just walk away in June

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:04 - Feb 2 with 3601 viewscbower

One up top just does not work with the players we have. Out strikers, whichever you decide to play, are not good enough on their own. I like Lambert but if we can't score goals, then we have zero chance of escaping. We will not grind out enough 1-0 wins because defensively we don 't do clean sheetss. This "I go out to win every game mantra" is not shown in the reality of the line ups chosen. If we are going down, then please go down fighting. This is just a whimper. Not looking forward to next week.

bluescouser

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:05 - Feb 2 with 3594 viewsTractorWood

Don't create chances, don't score goals and can't defend. Not a great combo.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:17 - Feb 2 with 3427 viewsSwansea_Blue

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:00 - Feb 2 by GlasgowBlue

I think it's reached the point where we have to throw caution to the wind. Expectations are now rock bottom so I think we would all be happy giving it a good go regardless of the result.

If they were capable of giving it a good go I think they might have tried that. We're very, very poor. That's the bottom line. Rightly relegation fodder and will be down well before the end of the season. It's been obvious for ages.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:21 - Feb 2 with 3355 viewsMoriarty

It’s certainly not unreasonable to question our manager.

I’m not calling for his head. There are a lot of legacy issues he’s inherited. But I just haven’t bought into him to same extent as others have.

I really wanted a GB return and I think that was motivated by a craving to reconnect with what we once were. It’s probably a cocktail of a failing on my part, genuine sadness and emptiness at what’s happening and a sense of anger at the lack of desire so many players have plagued us with over the years, but I really wanted someone with GB and TB’s passion to light a fire. Ignite and unite the whole club.

I’m trying to avoid having a go at Lambert but when people say he “gets us” my eyebrows raise and my sadness deepens. He’ll never “get us” like GB did.

The players didn’t die with their boots on today. That’s the real malaise.

fka omuircheartaigh

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:25 - Feb 2 with 3296 viewsCoco

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:21 - Feb 2 by Moriarty

I’m not calling for his head. There are a lot of legacy issues he’s inherited. But I just haven’t bought into him to same extent as others have.

I really wanted a GB return and I think that was motivated by a craving to reconnect with what we once were. It’s probably a cocktail of a failing on my part, genuine sadness and emptiness at what’s happening and a sense of anger at the lack of desire so many players have plagued us with over the years, but I really wanted someone with GB and TB’s passion to light a fire. Ignite and unite the whole club.

I’m trying to avoid having a go at Lambert but when people say he “gets us” my eyebrows raise and my sadness deepens. He’ll never “get us” like GB did.

Remember GB took over in a similar situation albeit in a different league. We got worse before we got better (and lost 9-0) after an unavoidable relegation. If you want us to get back to how we were with GB you simply have to give Lambert time.... and relegation. This is a rebuild not a patch up.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Login to get fewer ads

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:40 - Feb 2 with 3195 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cracking post. Not sure about GB myself, I didn't feel anywhere near as strongly as that as he's ben out of the game so long. But the rest of it is exactly what I'm feeling. Let's support Lambo, for sure. But he's not the messiah and let's not think all the community stuff, however admirable, is any substitute for good management of the team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:43 - Feb 2 with 3160 viewsTractorWood

Agree. I like Lambert but the 'he's doing a great job' doesn't quite stack up as obviously to me as it does for others.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:45 - Feb 2 with 3136 viewsMullet

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:00 - Feb 2 by GlasgowBlue

It will have to come soon, we can't lose at home full stop.

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:47 - Feb 2 with 3115 viewsMullet

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:04 - Feb 2 by cbower

One up top just does not work with the players we have. Out strikers, whichever you decide to play, are not good enough on their own. I like Lambert but if we can't score goals, then we have zero chance of escaping. We will not grind out enough 1-0 wins because defensively we don 't do clean sheetss. This "I go out to win every game mantra" is not shown in the reality of the line ups chosen. If we are going down, then please go down fighting. This is just a whimper. Not looking forward to next week.

Exactly. I've never taken anything a manager says at face value, but those that do will always get easily upset and disappointed.

He's the closest to Mick we could have got, and has gone some ways to re-Mick us but it's not enough. The lack of fight and guts is the worst of all. Now Jonas is staying, to not play him when we were missing two senior CB's is maddening.

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:49 - Feb 2 with 3078 viewsMullet

I think GB would have utterly soured me towards Evans. It would have been the ultimate PR move to appease fans and giving him this job would have been exploiting his love for the club frankly. Nothing could have been objective the moment he walked in.

I wanna know where all the "relegation will be brilliant" lot are tonight. I could do with their brand of happy clappy kum by yah nonsense right now.

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:50 - Feb 2 with 3062 viewsMoriarty

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:25 - Feb 2 by Coco

Remember GB took over in a similar situation albeit in a different league. We got worse before we got better (and lost 9-0) after an unavoidable relegation. If you want us to get back to how we were with GB you simply have to give Lambert time.... and relegation. This is a rebuild not a patch up.

You’re right about GB’s start. I can actually tell you exactly where I was in Dublin when I heard about the 9-0!

Relegation is highly probable. Dare we say inevitable.

It’s patch up at the minute though. 6 loans. Shot term contracts. Maybe the rebuild hasn’t started yet but we’re fighting relegation with a patchwork quilt. We’ve lost a heap on the bounce. I’m not calling for his head - that would be unfair of me. You’re right to say a rebuild is needed. But hand on heart, I really wish it was GB and TB as I could identify with them and their desire and passion for ITFC. I don’t want to be unfair but my honest feeling is that there’s been a bit of election politician type PR stuff from PL which I’m just not buying into. Or maybe my heart is firmly in the past.

fka omuircheartaigh

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:57 - Feb 2 with 3012 viewscbower

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:47 - Feb 2 by Mullet

Exactly. I've never taken anything a manager says at face value, but those that do will always get easily upset and disappointed.

He's the closest to Mick we could have got, and has gone some ways to re-Mick us but it's not enough. The lack of fight and guts is the worst of all. Now Jonas is staying, to not play him when we were missing two senior CB's is maddening.

To not play Knudsen now is a tacit admittance we are really preparing for next season. We are still paying his wages ffs.
Some new northern scenery for us next year and swapping places with Luton who were non league a while back.

bluescouser

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:12 - Feb 2 with 2930 viewsMullet

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:57 - Feb 2 by cbower

To not play Knudsen now is a tacit admittance we are really preparing for next season. We are still paying his wages ffs.
Some new northern scenery for us next year and swapping places with Luton who were non league a while back.

Driven past the Bescott so many times over the years, the thought of actually stopping makes me want to vomit.

I really am not interested in any of the new grounds bar maybe Bradford to complete the teams who were up there when I was a kid. I'm on something like 70 grounds now anyway.

I see a few deluded people are still clinging on to this notion that Jonas is somehow the cause and not the solution etc.

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:20 - Feb 2 with 2882 viewsDeano69

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:02 - Feb 2 by FrimleyBlue

Could be because we have 15 players who can just walk away in June

Yet another clean slate and rebuild. So depressing

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:24 - Feb 2 with 2850 viewscbower

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:12 - Feb 2 by Mullet

Driven past the Bescott so many times over the years, the thought of actually stopping makes me want to vomit.

I really am not interested in any of the new grounds bar maybe Bradford to complete the teams who were up there when I was a kid. I'm on something like 70 grounds now anyway.

I see a few deluded people are still clinging on to this notion that Jonas is somehow the cause and not the solution etc.

A back four of Bree, Chambo, Collins and Knudsen would easily be competitive at this level. We need midfieders braver on the ball. We have been talking about receiving the ball on the half turn forever it seems. You need players doing that if we are to persist with the tactic of playing out from the back. Play two of Keane / Quaner / Sears / Harrison or even Jackson with Judge in behind in a free role and perhaps we could put other teams on the back foot. Not looking forward to the new grounds myself. Wonder if we will still see the same 600-1000 away souls? Guess it might drop a fair bit.

bluescouser

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:24 - Feb 2 with 2846 viewsMoriarty

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:49 - Feb 2 by Mullet

I think GB would have utterly soured me towards Evans. It would have been the ultimate PR move to appease fans and giving him this job would have been exploiting his love for the club frankly. Nothing could have been objective the moment he walked in.

I wanna know where all the "relegation will be brilliant" lot are tonight. I could do with their brand of happy clappy kum by yah nonsense right now.

I agree with you that there is nothing good or consoling about relegation. You’re a very reliable observer of the game and I’ve really latched on to your observation that the fight wasn’t there.

I wouldn’t have seen a GB appointment as an exploitation of his love of our club. Yes, a step back in time, but can anyone identify what elements of the “modern game” PL has succeeded with? “Modern game”-what is that?

I’d have seen GB as our voice at the big table. An onion in the Evans stew. A daily blast to him of what we (the ITFC family) were, are and want to be. Burley would have been our voice. Our passion. The constant reminder to Evans. He brought us there.

Martin O’Neill retuned to Forest. Open arms. He 6 or 7 years GB’s senior.

fka omuircheartaigh

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:27 - Feb 2 with 2824 viewsMullet

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:24 - Feb 2 by cbower

A back four of Bree, Chambo, Collins and Knudsen would easily be competitive at this level. We need midfieders braver on the ball. We have been talking about receiving the ball on the half turn forever it seems. You need players doing that if we are to persist with the tactic of playing out from the back. Play two of Keane / Quaner / Sears / Harrison or even Jackson with Judge in behind in a free role and perhaps we could put other teams on the back foot. Not looking forward to the new grounds myself. Wonder if we will still see the same 600-1000 away souls? Guess it might drop a fair bit.

Lambert has taken the step of calling Kenlock out directly. Can you imagine if Mick had done that?

“Myles Kenlock should have done better with it, that’s the reality of it, he should have done better with it.

“He’s a young lad, he’s learning his trade, he’s 22, he’ll learn from it but he probably should have done better with it.”

I know Phil has to parse quotes etc, but to not qualify it with the colleagues he had in there isn't a good sign.

All depends if we're winning games. You'll get the anoraks ticking off grounds, but there aren't many weekenders at that level - if people really want a night out in Accrington or whatever then so be it.

Us exiles who do anywhere in reaching distance and the Galloways mafia probably guarantee 100-200 most weeks.

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:29 - Feb 2 with 2809 viewsMoriarty

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:40 - Feb 2 by Swansea_Blue

Cracking post. Not sure about GB myself, I didn't feel anywhere near as strongly as that as he's ben out of the game so long. But the rest of it is exactly what I'm feeling. Let's support Lambo, for sure. But he's not the messiah and let's not think all the community stuff, however admirable, is any substitute for good management of the team.

Thank you for your compliment.

fka omuircheartaigh

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:30 - Feb 2 with 2803 viewsMullet

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:24 - Feb 2 by Moriarty

I agree with you that there is nothing good or consoling about relegation. You’re a very reliable observer of the game and I’ve really latched on to your observation that the fight wasn’t there.

I wouldn’t have seen a GB appointment as an exploitation of his love of our club. Yes, a step back in time, but can anyone identify what elements of the “modern game” PL has succeeded with? “Modern game”-what is that?

I’d have seen GB as our voice at the big table. An onion in the Evans stew. A daily blast to him of what we (the ITFC family) were, are and want to be. Burley would have been our voice. Our passion. The constant reminder to Evans. He brought us there.

Martin O’Neill retuned to Forest. Open arms. He 6 or 7 years GB’s senior.

I mean that in terms of Evans' perspective. I wasn't happy he dropped Sir Bob's name about like he did in his last interview. Talking to us like we're all yokels is something that rankles.

He'd only have got GB in if he knew his investment was done for and wanted to retain some grace out front, whilst trying to sell us off again.

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:55 - Feb 2 with 2700 viewsbilllm

F*cking gutted frankly on 17:01 - Feb 2 by christiand

Face it Mullet, we're a poor side for this level of football. Wednesday's keeper, Westwood literally had nothing to do other than take goal kicks, just embarrassing for a home side. Anyone on this forum that had any aspirations of us retaining our Championship status needs to think again.....just woeful and toothless!!

Have to agree, nothing there no cohesion no talent no fight effort yes, just poor today
F*cking gutted frankly on 19:28 - Feb 2 with 2616 viewsThe_Last_Baron

F*cking gutted frankly on 18:24 - Feb 2 by cbower

The main problem with the side is the midfield and full backs. It's been like this all season. On top of that we are hopeless up front.

This is a poor, poor team. I can't see us getting to 30 points and the way to do it now is to clear out the loans and out of contract players in the summer and start with a new side. Get the youngsters in, out of the experienced players I'd keep Skuse, Sears and possibly Chambers.

At the moment we look like a bottom six League One side.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

F*cking gutted frankly on 19:41 - Feb 2 with 2549 viewsazuremerlangus

I don't understand his tactics. Or rather his inability to change things around - perhaps he hasn't got the players to do that anyway?

As for igniting and uniting I think he has tried that already but the results haven't followed to keep that momentum going.

We are into February and the longer this goes on we will need to have promotion form to stand any chance of staying up.

I cannot see it happening.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024