Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... 19:14 - Feb 2 with 8237 viewsITFC_Forever

FFS.

Being a Town fan truly is a joyless experience.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:17 - Feb 2 with 8201 viewsbournemouthblue

and that's before we visit them

When we played them earlier in the season they looked like relegation contenders, they have barely loss a game since

I must admit I have no idea who half their team are

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:20 - Feb 2 with 8130 viewsstrikalite

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:17 - Feb 2 by bournemouthblue

When we played them earlier in the season they looked like relegation contenders, they have barely loss a game since

They're all so composed and confident on the ball, all of them play with their head up.....need I go on.....

We're miles away from this...
Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:31 - Feb 2 with 8021 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Some have been saying that they are truly Farked.

They are 'Farked' whereas we have Evans and his 'lovely interviews'. The gulf between them and us is embarrassing.
Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:48 - Feb 2 with 7799 viewsbackwaywhen

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:31 - Feb 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

They are 'Farked' whereas we have Evans and his 'lovely interviews'. The gulf between them and us is embarrassing.

They should batter us next week .... not looking forward to going this season , but you never know football a funny ol game as greaves used say .
Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:51 - Feb 2 with 7739 viewsNWBlue

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:31 - Feb 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

It was a privilege to watch the performance of champions this evening. Whether the budgies do end up as champions or not that was a truly superb display of football ending with a new club record of 13 away games without defeat. When you remember that they had three academy players in the team and another on the bench the future of East Anglian football looks to be in safe hands. Just a shame those hands are theirs not ours.
Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:02 - Feb 2 with 7599 viewstextbackup

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:17 - Feb 2 by bournemouthblue

but did they really look that bad, or were people seeing what they wanted to see?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:07 - Feb 2 with 7506 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:51 - Feb 2 by NWBlue

It was a privilege to watch the performance of champions this evening. Whether the budgies do end up as champions or not that was a truly superb display of football ending with a new club record of 13 away games without defeat. When you remember that they had three academy players in the team and another on the bench the future of East Anglian football looks to be in safe hands. Just a shame those hands are theirs not ours.

Yep, exactly three academy players. Really good academy players.

Apparently though our youth system is remarkable and when you listen to some you get the impression that Ipswich youngsters are a special gift.
Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:24 - Feb 2 with 7312 viewswellhungphil

A Leeds Utd tonking was always on the cards since the cops confiscated their binoculars!
Login to get fewer ads

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:35 - Feb 2 with 7167 viewsHarry_Palmer

I don't think there has ever been such a big gap in quality between the two teams going into a Derby, even in our heyday they were usually still competitive in the same division.

We go into the derby rock bottom while they are top, will probably suffer a humiliating heavy defeat and face the very real prospect of being 2 divisions apart next season.

This is without doubt the worst season I can ever remember in 30 odd years of following Town.
Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:40 - Feb 2 with 7106 viewsBent_double

Has there ever been a worse season than this? Even the last time we beat them, we weren't as good as they are now, and they weren't as bad as we are now.

The unbridled joy the budgie fans must be feeling right now, where everything they do works out, and everything we do goes wrong, is just unbelievable.

I just hope that the tables turn in 2-3 seasons time as we are on the way up, and they are on the start of a long journey all the way down. Sad that's all I've got to hope for.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:46 - Feb 2 with 7036 viewspointofblue

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:35 - Feb 2 by Harry_Palmer

I don't think there has ever been such a big gap in quality between the two teams going into a Derby, even in our heyday they were usually still competitive in the same division.

We go into the derby rock bottom while they are top, will probably suffer a humiliating heavy defeat and face the very real prospect of being 2 divisions apart next season.

This is without doubt the worst season I can ever remember in 30 odd years of following Town.

Just wait until we have to play their Under 23s in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:52 - Feb 2 with 6970 viewsHarry_Palmer

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:46 - Feb 2 by pointofblue

Just wait until we have to play their Under 23s in the Checkatrade Trophy.

Can't wait, we'll probably lose that as well!
Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 21:29 - Feb 2 with 6709 viewspeterleeblue

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:52 - Feb 2 by Harry_Palmer

Can't wait, we'll probably lose that as well!

Thankfully it will be their U21's. So still have a chance
I actually give Ipswich a chance at Carrow Road next week on 22:11 - Feb 2 with 6487 viewsGriller

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:35 - Feb 2 by Harry_Palmer

Yes, City are currently streets ahead at the moment but the law of averages says that sooner or later, irrespective of form, you simply have to win at some point. All the pressure will be on Norwich and you will have absolutely nothing to lose by having a go.
I actually give Ipswich a chance at Carrow Road next week on 22:30 - Feb 2 with 6368 viewsFramfarmer

I actually give Ipswich a chance at Carrow Road next week on 22:11 - Feb 2 by Griller

Yes, City are currently streets ahead at the moment but the law of averages says that sooner or later, irrespective of form, you simply have to win at some point. All the pressure will be on Norwich and you will have absolutely nothing to lose by having a go.

precisely, we can play freely without pressure or expectation.
our last 2 home games - total three shots on target
our last 2 away games - total 7 shots on target

So, we seem to have more attacking intentions away from home and the boo-boys.
We mustn't let budgies say it's a full decade since we beat them (Magilton's April 2009 home win) That last 11 matches over these 10 years contained 5 draws ffs, so it's not like they win every time!
Nothing to lose, and Lambert will be really motivated
Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 02:14 - Feb 3 with 5867 viewsbournemouthblue

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:20 - Feb 2 by strikalite

They're all so composed and confident on the ball, all of them play with their head up.....need I go on.....

We're miles away from this...

I don't think we have ever looked further away from them

What a depressing time!

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 02:19 - Feb 3 with 5859 viewsbournemouthblue

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 20:07 - Feb 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yep, exactly three academy players. Really good academy players.

Apparently though our youth system is remarkable and when you listen to some you get the impression that Ipswich youngsters are a special gift.

I think we have a genuinely good batch coming through if we can hold onto them. They need to hang around for a few seasons and develop with the club

A League One stint where we actually do well may be good for the current crop assuming of course they get in the team

It feels a long time since the likes of Bent, Westlake and Richards were contributing to our promotion push under Royle

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 02:28 - Feb 3 with 5848 viewsStNeotsBlue

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 19:51 - Feb 2 by NWBlue

"A privilege to watch" give over it's Norwich.

"The future of East Anglian football is in safe hands" not having that either.

Fair play to the tw@ts, they are doing well but no need for the over exuberant praise.
Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 09:29 - Feb 3 with 5397 viewsNWBlue

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 02:28 - Feb 3 by StNeotsBlue

"A privilege to watch" give over it's Norwich.

"The future of East Anglian football is in safe hands" not having that either.

Fair play to the tw@ts, they are doing well but no need for the over exuberant praise.

If you cannot recognise a superb performance when you see it then you deserve the dross Town supply each week.

EA comprises Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and loosely North Essex. That means Norwich City, Ipswich Town, Cambridge United and Colchester United. If EA football is not safe in the budgies hands then whose hands are they?

They are currently deserving of the title Pride of East Anglia.
Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 09:39 - Feb 3 with 5339 viewsNWBlue

Budgies 3-0 up at Elland Road now.... on 09:29 - Feb 3 by NWBlue

If you cannot recognise a superb performance when you see it then you deserve the dross Town supply each week.

EA comprises Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and loosely North Essex. That means Norwich City, Ipswich Town, Cambridge United and Colchester United. If EA football is not safe in the budgies hands then whose hands are they?

They are currently deserving of the title Pride of East Anglia.

Apologies to fans of the Posh for not including Peterborough United in the list of EA EFL clubs.
I actually give Ipswich a chance at Carrow Road next week on 10:00 - Feb 3 with 5274 viewsHarry_Palmer

I actually give Ipswich a chance at Carrow Road next week on 22:11 - Feb 2 by Griller

I know what you are saying but in this instance the gap is just so big that I don't think any of that applies. We are going to get an absolute mauling, if you offered me a 3-0 defeat now I would take it, that is how utterly useless we have become.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024