Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things that make you realise how bad things are 16:54 - Feb 4 with 2574 viewsFixed_It

I am a teacher. I can honestly say that today is the first time in my lengthy career (I teach in the Midlands) that I have had kids take the piss out of ITFC. And I have no comeback. Sad times.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Things that make you realise how bad things are on 16:56 - Feb 4 with 2538 viewsSitfcB

Detention?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Things that make you realise how bad things are on 16:56 - Feb 4 with 2537 viewsfooters

Glad to hear we're still relevant enough to be taken the piss out of.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Things that make you realise how bad things are on 16:57 - Feb 4 with 2516 viewssparks

One of my Under 9s is a Bristol City supporter who idolises Webster.

I no longer have any comebacks or clever comments.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Things that make you realise how bad things are on 16:59 - Feb 4 with 2487 viewsSarge

Things that make you realise how bad things are on 16:57 - Feb 4 by sparks

One of my Under 9s is a Bristol City supporter who idolises Webster.

I no longer have any comebacks or clever comments.

Has he recently created an account on here? Is his name Felix?
Things that make you realise how bad things are on 17:02 - Feb 4 with 2458 viewsFixed_It

Things that make you realise how bad things are on 16:56 - Feb 4 by footers

Glad to hear we're still relevant enough to be taken the piss out of.

In the past there's been a grudging (and possibly confused) acceptance that I am a proper football supporter who actually goes to games. Now they just think it's funny.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Things that make you realise how bad things are on 17:33 - Feb 4 with 2310 viewsstrikalite

I'm getting Ipsh!t Down at work...it's too close to the mark..
Things that make you realise how bad things are on 17:34 - Feb 4 with 2312 viewsJamestownPrince

Hi mate, I am too in the same boat, I teach in Dudley so they are all either Happyish Baggies, with the odd Viler etc..
Things that make you realise how bad things are on 23:42 - Feb 4 with 1881 viewsjeera

Just move and start again.

No one will need to know.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Things that make you realise how bad things are on 07:08 - Feb 5 with 1599 viewschristiand

The feeling of acceptance when we encounter yet another defeat. I'm not even angry or disappointed anymore, it's more a feeling of inevitability!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Things that make you realise how bad things are on 07:22 - Feb 5 with 1551 viewspeterleeblue

My Mother In law (Sunderland Fan) always asks me how did Ipswich get on.
I reply with "we lost (to whoever and and the score)." Her reply "Oh". Its like she only asks because she knows the answer!
Things that make you realise how bad things are on 07:24 - Feb 5 with 1542 viewsportmanroadblue

Things that make you realise how bad things are on 07:08 - Feb 5 by christiand

The feeling of acceptance when we encounter yet another defeat. I'm not even angry or disappointed anymore, it's more a feeling of inevitability!!!

Exactly this 😒
Things that make you realise how bad things are on 07:24 - Feb 5 with 1540 viewsportmanroadblue

Exactly this
Things that make you realise how bad things are on 07:31 - Feb 5 with 1521 viewsportmanroadblue

Exactly this 😒
Things that make you realise how bad things are on 07:37 - Feb 5 with 1505 viewsChocorange

I don't think that even occurs to the players, we fans have all had to endure it, the endless hope being burst. The derisory comments, the pity.

People who live or work away from the town and get comments like the OP.

Kids who still support Ipswich but have seen nothing but dire football and defeat after defeat for a good while now, and have to put up with gobby glory hunting big team 'supporting' kids.

Slightly Older fans that have just 1 season of play offs amongst all the recent dross.

It's the hope that kills, but his season I think even hope has left the building!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024