Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again 07:49 - Feb 14 with 14504 viewstractordownsouth

I don’t really care about his comments but surely he can see that this isn’t going to go down well

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47233605

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:24 - Feb 14 with 2267 viewsBrixtonBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:03 - Feb 14 by GlasgowBlue

I said Labour leaders not the leadership. McDonnell is one of the top people in the Labour party.

The Corbyn quote has nothing to do with bombs? He made it whilst honouring IRA bombers who were thankfully shot dead before they could murder more people with their explosives.

You asked for the quotes - I provided them.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 14:11]

"I said Labour leaders not the leadership."

Aaahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Nowhere, not anywhere ever, does Corbyn advocate bombing people.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:31 - Feb 14 with 2256 viewsSpruceMoose

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:21 - Feb 14 by BrixtonBlue

#gutterpolitics

#ignorelist. It's the future!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:32 - Feb 14 with 2227 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:31 - Feb 14 by SpruceMoose

#ignorelist. It's the future!

Obsessed.

You are perfectly entitled to put me on your ignore list. That it happened after I had once again exposed your rank hypocrisy and stalking of other posters is neither here nor there.

But to constantly tell others to ignore me shows you are a deeply sad and bitter individual. The board was a far better place when you flounced off for a couple of months after chico took you apart on here.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 14:40]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:35 - Feb 14 with 2214 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:24 - Feb 14 by BrixtonBlue

He stood for a minute's silence in honour of a gang of IRA bombers who died while trying to blow up a police station and said "I'm happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for a united Ireland".

Are you suggesting Corbyn believe these scumbags where fighting with rock, paper, scissors FFS?

You asked for links - I provided them. I have neither the time nor the appetite to spend the next couple of hours and 10 more pages with you saying 2+2=5 and me telling you it doesn't.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 14:46]

Iron Lion Zion

on 14:43 - Feb 14 with 2220 views_

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:24 - Feb 14 by BrixtonBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:45 - Feb 14 with 2212 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:43 - Feb 14 by _

Agreed. He's been quite happy to allow his supporters to project all of their hopes and wishes regarding Brexit onto him. He knows he doesn't want what they want, he knows he's not pushing to get them what they want, but won't tell them that. He has been deceiving them.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:47 - Feb 14 with 2206 viewsChampionship

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:45 - Feb 14 by SpruceMoose

Agreed. He's been quite happy to allow his supporters to project all of their hopes and wishes regarding Brexit onto him. He knows he doesn't want what they want, he knows he's not pushing to get them what they want, but won't tell them that. He has been deceiving them.

To be fair many of them are pretty thick. 'Love Corbyn, Hate Brexit'. See the link you melts.
John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:49 - Feb 14 with 2201 viewsSpruceMoose

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:47 - Feb 14 by Championship

To be fair many of them are pretty thick. 'Love Corbyn, Hate Brexit'. See the link you melts.

At this point they are allowing themselves to be duped, which does seem a little thick admittedly.

Login to get fewer ads

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:02 - Feb 14 with 2185 viewsfooters

TWTD political thread bingo card all marked off :)

How about there are shades of grey and Churchill did some bad stuff and some good stuff? Is that possible?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:04 - Feb 14 with 2175 viewsSpruceMoose

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:02 - Feb 14 by footers

How about there are shades of grey and Churchill did some bad stuff and some good stuff? Is that possible?

It should be. As should be considering the context of the time period in which events occur.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:05 - Feb 14 with 2156 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:02 - Feb 14 by footers

That is exactly as it should be. Churchill was a complex character and deeply flawed. He was also very much a product of his class and times. Calling him a villain is scholloby name calling.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 15:06]

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:09 - Feb 14 with 2150 viewsfooters

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:05 - Feb 14 by GlasgowBlue

That is exactly as it should be. Churchill was a complex character and deeply flawed. He was also very much a product of his class and times. Calling him a villain is scholloby name calling.

And we are products of ours. In a modern context I would call some of his actions villainous, but overall not a complete villain. I mean, saving Britain from the Nazis was pretty cool.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:06 - Feb 14 with 2080 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:35 - Feb 14 by GlasgowBlue

He stood for a minute's silence in honour of a gang of IRA bombers who died while trying to blow up a police station and said "I'm happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for a united Ireland".

Are you suggesting Corbyn believe these scumbags where fighting with rock, paper, scissors FFS?

You asked for links - I provided them. I have neither the time nor the appetite to spend the next couple of hours and 10 more pages with you saying 2+2=5 and me telling you it doesn't.

They were fighting with what states use.....do you think petitions may have been the way to go?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:39 - Feb 14 with 2045 viewsSwansea_Blue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 08:48 - Feb 14 by lowhouseblue

john mcdonnell still fighting political battles form a century ago - not really news is it.

No it’s not, just another vehicle to carry out the ongoing pantomime. I like Ian Dunt’s take on it (fast becoming a favourite commentator of mine - his real time updates on HoC are normally bang on the button).

Need to see the whole thread:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:58 - Feb 14 with 2021 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 13:31 - Feb 14 by BrixtonBlue

Have you ever said anything positive about Corbyn?

Yes, by all accounts, he makes exceedingly good jam & he has a very well kept allotment.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 19:16 - Feb 14 with 2009 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:05 - Feb 14 by GlasgowBlue

......and yet....
".....McDonnell is a real bad bastard."

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:07 - Feb 14 with 1983 viewsBrixtonBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:47 - Feb 14 by Championship

Or maybe some of us vote on more than one issue.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:14 - Feb 14 with 1978 viewsBrixtonBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:35 - Feb 14 by GlasgowBlue

"I'm happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for a united Ireland".

That means people dying, on both sides, is horrible.

It doesn't mean, "I love bombs and I love women and children being blown up" (the narrative you're seeing/pushing).

This isn't a case of 2+2=4, 5 or 97. It's two people having different views. You think Corbyn advocates terrorism, death and destruction. I see a man who has fought all his political life for peaceful solutions.

I respect your conclusions, maybe you could just accept mine. Both are based on logic.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:18 - Feb 14 with 1965 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:14 - Feb 14 by BrixtonBlue

"I'm happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for a united Ireland".

That means people dying, on both sides, is horrible.

It doesn't mean, "I love bombs and I love women and children being blown up" (the narrative you're seeing/pushing).

This isn't a case of 2+2=4, 5 or 97. It's two people having different views. You think Corbyn advocates terrorism, death and destruction. I see a man who has fought all his political life for peaceful solutions.

I respect your conclusions, maybe you could just accept mine. Both are based on logic.

"That means people dying, on both sides, is horrible".

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

No it doesn't you numpty. The side they were fighting did not believe in a united Ireland. The side they were bombing to smithereens wanted the the very opposite. They wanted Northern Ireland to remain part of the UK.

The people fighting for a united Ireland were the IRA. He made the statement after commemorating a gang of IRA terrorists who were shot dead whilst try8ing to kill British policemen.

Seriously mate this is beyond embarrassing.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 20:19]

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:23 - Feb 14 with 1967 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see the Tories making a calamitous feck up and a man who sees no point in throwing himself under the bus along with them. What has he to gain? Whatever he said would be twisted and ridiculed.

You can be present at something but not involved in wrongdoing. I was in Brixton during the last riots; doesn't make me a rioter. I think the most Corbyn is guilty of in these sorts of situations is naivety. Look at Spygate. It was laughable.

I know he's a Euroskeptic and I'm fine with that. You don't have to agree with all the views of someone you support.

I would vote for him tomorrow because I believe he is the change we need in terms of a fairer society. I abhor the Tory ideal of 'look after yourself and feck those less fortunate.'

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:26 - Feb 14 with 1959 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:23 - Feb 14 by BrixtonBlue

I see the Tories making a calamitous feck up and a man who sees no point in throwing himself under the bus along with them. What has he to gain? Whatever he said would be twisted and ridiculed.

You can be present at something but not involved in wrongdoing. I was in Brixton during the last riots; doesn't make me a rioter. I think the most Corbyn is guilty of in these sorts of situations is naivety. Look at Spygate. It was laughable.

I know he's a Euroskeptic and I'm fine with that. You don't have to agree with all the views of someone you support.

I would vote for him tomorrow because I believe he is the change we need in terms of a fairer society. I abhor the Tory ideal of 'look after yourself and feck those less fortunate.'

Is there a photograph of you at the Brixton riots standing in front of JD Sports holding a brick, followed by another photo of you standing in front of a smashed JD Sports window holding a pair of Nike trainers?

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:28 - Feb 14 with 1950 viewsBrixtonBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:18 - Feb 14 by GlasgowBlue

"That means people dying, on both sides, is horrible".

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

No it doesn't you numpty. The side they were fighting did not believe in a united Ireland. The side they were bombing to smithereens wanted the the very opposite. They wanted Northern Ireland to remain part of the UK.

The people fighting for a united Ireland were the IRA. He made the statement after commemorating a gang of IRA terrorists who were shot dead whilst try8ing to kill British policemen.

Seriously mate this is beyond embarrassing.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 20:19]

I've been civil. You throw insults.

I'll leave it there.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:32 - Feb 14 with 1934 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:28 - Feb 14 by BrixtonBlue

I've been civil. You throw insults.

I'll leave it there.

You think both sides were fighting for a united Ireland ffs. I'm not throwing insults. I'm embarrassed for you poor understanding of the troubles in Northern Ireland.

My youngest daughter even knows what each side was fighting for. As somebody to explain who republicans and unionists are.

I'm amazed that somebody with so little understanding of the subject is supporting Corbyn's views on this. Actually I'm not. There is literally nothing he could do that you wouldn't finds some way to excuse him.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 20:34]

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:51 - Feb 14 with 1911 viewsFootballpete

I’m looking forward to Corbyn standing aside, provided a younger person of they left takes his place. I broadly agree with his policies and I think it’s wonderful that more young people have become engaged in politics as a result. But he is wholly unsuited to leadership and is very poor when it comes to clarifing his previous words / deeds.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 21:08 - Feb 14 with 1887 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 20:32 - Feb 14 by GlasgowBlue

You think both sides were fighting for a united Ireland ffs. I'm not throwing insults. I'm embarrassed for you poor understanding of the troubles in Northern Ireland.

My youngest daughter even knows what each side was fighting for. As somebody to explain who republicans and unionists are.

I'm amazed that somebody with so little understanding of the subject is supporting Corbyn's views on this. Actually I'm not. There is literally nothing he could do that you wouldn't finds some way to excuse him.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 20:34]

In the fight for a united Ireland people on both sides died.....isn't it obvious that is what he is saying......maybe you are too keen to go down the ridicule route at times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024