Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These climate strikes today 13:39 - Feb 15 with 18890 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brilliant to see the passion from a bunch of kids who, quite frankly, are putting many adults and certainly most politicians to shame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47250424

PM's response apparently 'get back to school you little horrors, you're being a nuisance' . Bitch.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

These climate strikes today on 15:34 - Feb 15 with 2605 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 15:31 - Feb 15 by Fixed_It

You're still at school?! A failing one no doubt...

The University of Hard Knocks has really slipped down the rankings tables in recent years.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 15:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

These climate strikes today on 15:37 - Feb 15 with 2600 viewsRyorry

These climate strikes today on 15:21 - Feb 15 by footers

"My doctor told me I had a terminal illness but I don't believe him."

Jesus fcking christ.

Alternatively -

"Well everything's 100% fine so far" said the falling man, as he passed the 82nd floor window of the Empire State Building ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

These climate strikes today on 15:39 - Feb 15 with 2593 viewsRyorry

These climate strikes today on 15:19 - Feb 15 by footers

Can I also add that people should use the term global warming rather than climate change. Under the George Dubya government many reports changed the former to the latter to account for plausible deniability. Lobbyists campaigned hard for this change in terminology for good reason. Yes, the climate does change, but humankind's activity has irrefutably made the planet hotter thanks to the erosion of the ozone layer. Calling it climate change leaves open other ambiguous options.

Anyone who denies man-made global warming is worse than an anti-vaxxer. In fact, I'd like them to live on their own planet. Far away from this one.

Interesting - noted, thanks.

These climate strikes today on 15:41 - Feb 15 with 2586 viewsLord_Lucan

These climate strikes today on 15:31 - Feb 15 by footers

So long as you don't believe the world is flat or Spence is a Championship-quality right-back we're all good.

I may be daft but I wash my own brain.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

These climate strikes today on 15:42 - Feb 15 with 2572 viewsBenters2

These climate strikes today on 14:30 - Feb 15 by floridaboy

Any excuse to bunk off school. Protect the planet my backside!!

What will they board to go on their holidays - an aeroplane!

How do many get to school - a car

12 year olds with an opinion. I don't think so!

You are bang on Sir.
These climate strikes today on 15:43 - Feb 15 with 2576 viewsWithnail

These climate strikes today on 15:08 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

Where are you picking up this information? I hope you take the time to read what follows as I would actually like to seriously debate this with you.

The evidence for the human cause of global warming is overwhelming and has been accepted for years now.

Yes, the climate has changed before, even before humans existed, we know why they occurred and we know that mass extinctions followed.It is indisputable that there is a link between rising CO2 levels and global temperatures which then leads to damage to biosystems. The fact that climate has changed before doesn't disprove that we are the cause this time around.

So, past rapid increases in CO2 and rising global temperatures have something in common. Mass extinctions.

I'll give you an example. The Permian Mass Extinction which was 250 million years ago and brought about by gigantic volcanic eruptions in Siberia. Guess what that set about causing? A massive increase in Greenhouse gases and rising temperatures. Now guess the percentage of life that was wiped out. I'll tell you. Around 90%.

The fact that climate has changed before actually adds weight to the argument that the unprecedented levels of greenhouse gases that humans have been, and are currently, releasing to the atmosphere are going to have catastrophic consequences.

Termites produce more Co2 than all other living things put together.

They produce 10 times more carbon dioxide than all the fossil fuel burnt in a year.

Let's kill termites.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 15:44]
These climate strikes today on 15:44 - Feb 15 with 2571 viewsSwansea_Blue

These climate strikes today on 15:17 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

What has that got to do with the scientific consensus going back decades that rapid human greenhouse gas emissions are causing global temperature increases, which historically have led to negative environmental impacts such as mass extinctions?

If we are talking about money I often think the UK (and the US) have missed a trick to become leaders in a new Green industry, there's money to be made there, but nobody is doing it.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 15:19]

We were leaders, briefly. The UK were one of the innovators in this sector, but due to changes in government policy (and also importantly lack of policy) we've been slowly slipping down the rankings. While oil and gas still receive more support.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

These climate strikes today on 15:45 - Feb 15 with 2552 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 15:43 - Feb 15 by Withnail

Termites produce more Co2 than all other living things put together.

They produce 10 times more carbon dioxide than all the fossil fuel burnt in a year.

Let's kill termites.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 15:44]

The CO2 that termites produce is naturally occurring and was part of a balanced ecosystem.

Human generated CO2 from transport, leisure and industry is not.

Next?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

These climate strikes today on 15:46 - Feb 15 with 2549 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 15:42 - Feb 15 by Benters2

You are bang on Sir.

I'd have thought a self proclaimed simple landworker would have cared more about the environment.

These climate strikes today on 15:58 - Feb 15 with 2524 viewsfooters

These climate strikes today on 15:46 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

I'd have thought a self proclaimed simple landworker would have cared more about the environment.

Bless him. He will insist on sitting at the grown-ups table every so often. And then he asks for ketchup on everything.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

These climate strikes today on 16:00 - Feb 15 with 2520 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 15:58 - Feb 15 by footers

Bless him. He will insist on sitting at the grown-ups table every so often. And then he asks for ketchup on everything.

Mmmm Hamderbers.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 16:00]

These climate strikes today on 16:09 - Feb 15 with 2510 viewsChampionship

These climate strikes today on 15:07 - Feb 15 by LeagueOne

I remember about 25 years ago they said East Anglia would become a desert and wouldn't be able to sustain the greenery it does now due to the increasing heat, about 10-12 years ago this was revised to say we would be flooded and Norwich would end up under the sea.

Sometimes you have to break some eggs...

I am all for reducing emissions and making the world greener, ultimately if there were fewer people everywhere there would be fewer problems too, but nobody seems to really want to address that, but its an obvious problem as we're now living longer and the more of us there are, the more resource we need to sustain life and thus a bigger drain we are on the planet. I'd like to see cars be done away with and a better public transport system put in place too, but hey ho.

They said something on the news like 4 of the last 6 years were the hottest in recorded history in this country. It's almost as if these major planet-wide changes take a bit of time isn't it?
These climate strikes today on 16:12 - Feb 15 with 2488 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 16:09 - Feb 15 by Championship

They said something on the news like 4 of the last 6 years were the hottest in recorded history in this country. It's almost as if these major planet-wide changes take a bit of time isn't it?

Some people just seem unable to appreciate the difference between weather and climate.

Sadly, the President of one of the most powerful and wealthy countries on Earth is one of them.

These climate strikes today on 16:14 - Feb 15 with 2492 viewsRyorry

These climate strikes today on 15:46 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

Perhaps he's had a buttful of Brexit!

These climate strikes today on 18:01 - Feb 15 with 2448 viewsGuthrum

These climate strikes today on 15:45 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

The CO2 that termites produce is naturally occurring and was part of a balanced ecosystem.

Next?

Moreover, humans are busy cutting down, desertifying or concreting over vast areas of plant life which formerly removed CO2 from the atmosphere.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

These climate strikes today on 22:29 - Feb 15 with 2370 viewsDubtractor

These climate strikes today on 15:45 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

Next?

FFS man.

This is why the world is fooked. A huge proportion of the planet is a bit simple, or worse than that, wilfully ignorant.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 22:30]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

These climate strikes today on 22:36 - Feb 15 with 2364 viewsStNeotsBlue

These climate strikes today on 14:38 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

Please, tell us more about your thoughts on how climate change will impact the Earth over the coming years.

Those poor kids, brainwashed by scientific fact. We need to get them down the nearest Wetherspoons pronto to be reeducated by some puffed up, half-cut, day drinking gammon.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 14:45]

I take your well made point. But you've gone too far implying that day drinking is a bad thing, an impromptu day session is one of life's greatest pleasures.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 22:46]
These climate strikes today on 22:52 - Feb 15 with 2347 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

BS. Typical left wing indoctrination of the youth on the myth of global warming. Still a bonus day off for some virtue signalling teachers and lecturers. Convenient it was the Friday before half term for the Guardianista 'educationalists' . Lots of 16 years olds who labour want to give the vote. Then they say 16 years olds don't know what they are doing when they go to join ISIS in Syria....

[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 23:34]

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

These climate strikes today on 22:57 - Feb 15 with 2337 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

These climate strikes today on 14:51 - Feb 15 by Withnail

Well, seeing as the climate has always changed, the impact is probably the same as it always has been.

Didn't one of the so called experts say years ago that our children (who will be grown up now) won't know what snow looks like?

It's OK though, humans can now control the earth's climate apparently.

they used to call it global warming. Now its rebranded as 'climate change' I mean did you see Chicago last month?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

These climate strikes today on 00:04 - Feb 16 with 2254 viewsClapham_Junction

These climate strikes today on 14:49 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

Some people are just unable to comprehend that climate change is happening because they do not see any direct impacts. Their street isn't under water, their crops aren't failing. In the richest parts of the world it doesn't happen on a human scale, so it is easy to dismiss and maintain your current way of living. Politicians add to this laziness and won't act because, frankly, they'll take the hit now and not be around to be thanked for their action later down the world.

Where we start to see real world impacts is in some of the poorest parts of the world, and when it really gets going it will trigger a refugee crisis the likes of which we've not seen before.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 14:50]

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the idea of climate change, and the world having to do something about it, doesn't fit with their political beliefs. Hence why climate change deniers are almost exclusively found on the far-right of the economic scale - having to take action on climate change is an anathema to the free market.

On a semi-related note, Five Live had a 'debate' on the protests earlier this evening. Who did they get on? Someone from the fücking Tax Payers Alliance. Why the hell do these secretly-funded shysters keep getting invited onto the BBC??
These climate strikes today on 02:47 - Feb 16 with 2203 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 22:36 - Feb 15 by StNeotsBlue

I take your well made point. But you've gone too far implying that day drinking is a bad thing, an impromptu day session is one of life's greatest pleasures.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 22:46]

You are right. It's always 8 am somewhere and I'm fully behind that.

These climate strikes today on 02:48 - Feb 16 with 2202 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 22:57 - Feb 15 by Jonnosdreadlocks

they used to call it global warming. Now its rebranded as 'climate change' I mean did you see Chicago last month?

Good God man are you serious? All the years you've been alive, you could have actually learnt something by now!

Jeebus. Just when you think a man can't get any worse, he pops up and adds climate change denier to the list, right under 'Tommy Robinson Fanboy'.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 3:19]

These climate strikes today on 03:01 - Feb 16 with 2193 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 22:57 - Feb 15 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Just checking in again to say:

Ha ha! Did I see Chicago? Oh lord my sides.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 3:59]

These climate strikes today on 04:01 - Feb 16 with 2175 viewsBenters2

These climate strikes today on 22:52 - Feb 15 by Jonnosdreadlocks

BS. Typical left wing indoctrination of the youth on the myth of global warming. Still a bonus day off for some virtue signalling teachers and lecturers. Convenient it was the Friday before half term for the Guardianista 'educationalists' . Lots of 16 years olds who labour want to give the vote. Then they say 16 years olds don't know what they are doing when they go to join ISIS in Syria....

[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 23:34]

I saw some teacher on Anglia news last night,he was talking to a classroom full of children saying brexit this and brexit that.

I am surprised he didn’t say Churchill was a terrorist to add to his brainwashing.

Of course the Great Mayor of London thought it was wonderful that the children were doing this,still if it stops the little fkrs stabbing each other it’s a good thing.

On a slightly different note also on Anglia news they were protesting during the week,they were protesting about the completion of the Norwich ring road,one of the protesters was saying we should ban transportation all together!? Not sure how that would work!
These climate strikes today on 04:09 - Feb 16 with 2202 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 04:01 - Feb 16 by Benters2

I saw some teacher on Anglia news last night,he was talking to a classroom full of children saying brexit this and brexit that.

I am surprised he didn’t say Churchill was a terrorist to add to his brainwashing.

Of course the Great Mayor of London thought it was wonderful that the children were doing this,still if it stops the little fkrs stabbing each other it’s a good thing.

On a slightly different note also on Anglia news they were protesting during the week,they were protesting about the completion of the Norwich ring road,one of the protesters was saying we should ban transportation all together!? Not sure how that would work!

Would you like Heinz or HP sir?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024