Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Hayes - Chelsea 16:53 - Feb 19 with 15932 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

A few callers on Talksport have put her name forward as a potential for next Chelsea manager.

Having listened to her on the Radio, she knows her stuff, but you would have to say that she's never managed at a high level, and surely there are better candidates.

Could she do the job?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

on 15:15 - Feb 20 with 2537 views_

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 14:57 - Feb 20 by bluewein

Like those well known bigots Kieron Dyer and Titus Bramble...?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11224598/Ipswich-Town-coaches-Kieron-

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:16 - Feb 20 with 2533 viewsLeagueOne

I have been managed by women my whole professional life and never had any issues so I can't see why it wouldn't work in football? I never even thought about it until now as being weird to see a female manager in the sense most of us have had female managers in our lives.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:21 - Feb 20 with 2521 viewsLeagueOne

on 15:15 - Feb 20 by _

“Mick McCarthy’s door is always open at Ipswich and he lets me watch first-team sessions and ask questions all the time. I’m doing my coaching badges and I’ll see how things go.

“There is all this talk of not getting a chance, well Paul Ince got a chance. Chris Hughton got a chance. Ruud Gullit got a chance and did well at Chelsea. Ince got a big job at Blackburn Rovers after doing well, but results were bad and he got the sack. He got the sack at Blackpool too.

“I just think it needs one high-profile black manager to do well, to exceed expectations and really improve a team and a football club, and that will be the catalyst. I think the ball will start rolling. I think more will start to come through naturally.

“The players retiring now are from a different generation, we haven’t had the same negative experiences of racism in football or society.”

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

on 15:28 - Feb 20 with 2512 views_

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:21 - Feb 20 by LeagueOne

“Mick McCarthy’s door is always open at Ipswich and he lets me watch first-team sessions and ask questions all the time. I’m doing my coaching badges and I’ll see how things go.

“There is all this talk of not getting a chance, well Paul Ince got a chance. Chris Hughton got a chance. Ruud Gullit got a chance and did well at Chelsea. Ince got a big job at Blackburn Rovers after doing well, but results were bad and he got the sack. He got the sack at Blackpool too.

“I just think it needs one high-profile black manager to do well, to exceed expectations and really improve a team and a football club, and that will be the catalyst. I think the ball will start rolling. I think more will start to come through naturally.

“The players retiring now are from a different generation, we haven’t had the same negative experiences of racism in football or society.”

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:30 - Feb 20 with 2510 viewsbluewein

on 15:28 - Feb 20 by _

But because two black ex-pros made this statement, you don't agree...?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

on 15:33 - Feb 20 with 2502 views_

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:30 - Feb 20 by bluewein

But because two black ex-pros made this statement, you don't agree...?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:34 - Feb 20 with 2500 viewssparks

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:13 - Feb 20 by Swansea_Blue

Emma Hayes - Chelsea by Lord_Lucan 19 Feb 2019 17:16
I take it you mean catering manager?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea by Mullysplace1 20 Feb 2019 9:15
No way. Ridiculous idea. Who is she anyway? One of the players Mums?

And yourself: "The key issue here (but not the only one) is that Ms Hayes clearly doesnt have any of the knowledge or experience one ought to have to get a shot at this type of job,"

"doesnt have any of the knowledge or experience" - 18 years football management experience. How many did Keane have, Magilton, etc., etc? Sound like lame excuses to me. And what's "but not the only one" meant to mean?

Did you spot the rest of the sentence there, or indeed the rest of the posts? She does not have experience of the men's game, or management or playing at that level, in that environment. You are talking about appointing someone at a top 6 club, worth hundreds of millions of pounds, and someone who has none of that background at all. That is not an unreasonable statement.

It is this attitude that is dividing our society and damaging dialogue. It is precisely what I was referring to above about the way in which we are being nagged to accept a particular agenda irrespective of whether it is rational. You are effectively saying that someone who has worked in a game which operates at a very differnet level and has some very different issues, features and environment, is suitable for a top level job at that different level, and that I, by saying otherwise (and explaining why) am displaying some sort of prejudice. Well F.Off, frankly

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:34 - Feb 20 with 2499 viewsbluewein

on 15:33 - Feb 20 by _

Ahh I see.

LOL.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Login to get fewer ads

on 15:37 - Feb 20 with 2492 views_

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:34 - Feb 20 by bluewein

Ahh I see.

LOL.

on 15:38 - Feb 20 with 2489 views_

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:34 - Feb 20 by sparks

Did you spot the rest of the sentence there, or indeed the rest of the posts? She does not have experience of the men's game, or management or playing at that level, in that environment. You are talking about appointing someone at a top 6 club, worth hundreds of millions of pounds, and someone who has none of that background at all. That is not an unreasonable statement.

It is this attitude that is dividing our society and damaging dialogue. It is precisely what I was referring to above about the way in which we are being nagged to accept a particular agenda irrespective of whether it is rational. You are effectively saying that someone who has worked in a game which operates at a very differnet level and has some very different issues, features and environment, is suitable for a top level job at that different level, and that I, by saying otherwise (and explaining why) am displaying some sort of prejudice. Well F.Off, frankly

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:46 - Feb 20 with 2485 viewssparks

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:16 - Feb 20 by LeagueOne

I have been managed by women my whole professional life and never had any issues so I can't see why it wouldn't work in football? I never even thought about it until now as being weird to see a female manager in the sense most of us have had female managers in our lives.

Had those managers done the job or worked in a comparable environment previously?

You are comparing apples with oranges.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

on 15:48 - Feb 20 with 2479 views_

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 15:46 - Feb 20 by sparks

Had those managers done the job or worked in a comparable environment previously?

You are comparing apples with oranges.

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:25 - Feb 20 with 2449 viewsgt81

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 10:18 - Feb 20 by BerlinBlue

If you think the resistance isn't at least partly based on an unreasonable gender prejudice, you're short-sighted. The women's game is largely ridiculed by men. Unfairly und without much serious thought.

I agree with your last paragraph. If a woman takes that route and is successful, there should be no problem wit her taking charge of a men's team in future.

It's ridiculed because the best female teams get thrashed by 15 year old schoolboys.

The female game may have it's own merits, but that's the point, you have to ignore the reality that the men's game is better in every way to push some egalitarian fantasy.
Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:51 - Feb 20 with 2436 viewsHerbivore

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:25 - Feb 20 by gt81

It's ridiculed because the best female teams get thrashed by 15 year old schoolboys.

The female game may have it's own merits, but that's the point, you have to ignore the reality that the men's game is better in every way to push some egalitarian fantasy.

Physically women can't compete, but why should a woman be unable to coach as well as a man?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:53 - Feb 20 with 2432 viewsHerbivore

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:08 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

Are there even any female coaches at the top of the men's game? It feels a way off to me, sadly. We've not even managed to have an openly out gay footballer in the top tier yet, that's how backwards the world of football is. Then there's the lack of black coaches and managers. Football's not ready to tolerate female managers yet and I can't see that changing soon, unfortunately.

Ladies and gents I give you exhibit A: Sparks on this thread.

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:56 - Feb 20 with 2426 viewsSpruceMoose

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:53 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

Ladies and gents I give you exhibit A: Sparks on this thread.

Isn't it interesting how so often those who seem to deeply believe in the concept of workable meritocracy are the ones who hold all the advantages on that particularly unlevel playing field?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:57 - Feb 20 with 2426 viewsgt81

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:51 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

Physically women can't compete, but why should a woman be unable to coach as well as a man?

Because if an agressive argument breaks out within the team, are you going to trust that the woman can deal with it?
Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:58 - Feb 20 with 2424 viewsHerbivore

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:57 - Feb 20 by gt81

Because if an agressive argument breaks out within the team, are you going to trust that the woman can deal with it?

Are you for real? That's your reason for thinking a woman couldn't be a coach?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:00 - Feb 20 with 2421 viewsSpruceMoose

Jesus Christ.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:05 - Feb 20 with 2414 viewsgt81

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:58 - Feb 20 by Herbivore

Are you for real? That's your reason for thinking a woman couldn't be a coach?

No, it's because I don't believe men are under any obligation to surrender their roles to women.

If you're going to put a woman into a top coaching role *because* she's a woman, that's just gynocentric sexism. If they want in, they need to prove themselves by starting at a lower level just like men.
Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:09 - Feb 20 with 2404 viewsSpruceMoose

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:05 - Feb 20 by gt81

No, it's because I don't believe men are under any obligation to surrender their roles to women.

If you're going to put a woman into a top coaching role *because* she's a woman, that's just gynocentric sexism. If they want in, they need to prove themselves by starting at a lower level just like men.

"No, it's because I don't believe men are under any obligation to surrender their roles to women."

I personally don't believe men have any right to consider any role 'theirs' to surrender.

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:11 - Feb 20 with 2401 viewsSpruceMoose

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:05 - Feb 20 by gt81

Which lower level management role did Frank Lampard prove himself in, just to pluck and example out of thin air. Here's another, Steven Gerrard.

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:11 - Feb 20 with 2398 viewsgt81

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:09 - Feb 20 by SpruceMoose

"No, it's because I don't believe men are under any obligation to surrender their roles to women."

I personally don't believe men have any right to consider any role 'theirs' to surrender.

So you don't think men have rights to what they work for?

Gynocentrism confirmed.
Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:13 - Feb 20 with 2397 viewsSpruceMoose

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:11 - Feb 20 by gt81

So you don't think men have rights to what they work for?

Gynocentrism confirmed.

What? Do I think men have a right to hold certain roles over anyone else of any other gender?

Damn straight I don't think they have that right.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 19:14]

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:14 - Feb 20 with 2391 viewsBerlinBlue

Moronic POTD.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024