Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emma Hayes - Chelsea 16:53 - Feb 19 with 15948 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

A few callers on Talksport have put her name forward as a potential for next Chelsea manager.

Having listened to her on the Radio, she knows her stuff, but you would have to say that she's never managed at a high level, and surely there are better candidates.

Could she do the job?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 16:56 - Feb 19 with 6756 viewsChampionship

Never heard of her. Don't see any reason why not.
Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 16:57 - Feb 19 with 6741 viewsHerbivore

I think unfortunately she'd struggle to get respect from the players. Football is pretty backwards in many ways and I don't think we're close to seeing a female manager in the Football League let alone the top flight.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 16:57 - Feb 19 with 6744 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 16:56 - Feb 19 by Championship

Never heard of her. Don't see any reason why not.

Would be difficult to see how she would be the best candidate.

Would be an interesting experiment though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 16:58 - Feb 19 with 6726 viewsTractorCam

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 16:57 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

I think unfortunately she'd struggle to get respect from the players. Football is pretty backwards in many ways and I don't think we're close to seeing a female manager in the Football League let alone the top flight.

Especially at a club with a global fanbase with millions of these from backward countries.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 16:58 - Feb 19 with 6722 viewsChampionship

Respect is earned. Wouldn't take long if she was good enough to convince them.
Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 16:59 - Feb 19 with 6708 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You're probably right.

I think her lack of any experience in a good quality of professional football seems to be getting overlooked.

Would be interesting to see lower down in the pyramid.

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:00 - Feb 19 with 6696 viewsChampionship

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 16:57 - Feb 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Would be difficult to see how she would be the best candidate.

Would be an interesting experiment though.

Oh yea I agree with that and there's no way she will actually be in the running. They seem to want Zidane. I enjoy watching Chelsea fail and I like Zidane so hope he doesn't go there.
Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:05 - Feb 19 with 6649 viewsSitfcB

Absolutely not.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:16 - Feb 19 with 6575 viewsbontcho

Her best (very unlikely) chance could be she gets it until the end of the season. Long shot though. Would be good for the game but like someone else said, football is very backward.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:16 - Feb 19 with 6568 viewsLord_Lucan

I take it you mean catering manager?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:19 - Feb 19 with 6552 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lots of people can talk a good game on the radio/TV but actually managing is a different story altogether. Mick Mills and Gary Neville are prime examples.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:20 - Feb 19 with 6544 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:16 - Feb 19 by bontcho

Her best (very unlikely) chance could be she gets it until the end of the season. Long shot though. Would be good for the game but like someone else said, football is very backward.

To be fair, I don't think she has the credentials. Managed at a fairly low level, on what was until recently been a 14 game season, in a very unbalanced league.

That said, it would be an interesting experiment.

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:35 - Feb 19 with 6450 viewsHerbivore

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 16:58 - Feb 19 by Championship

Respect is earned. Wouldn't take long if she was good enough to convince them.

That's incredibly naive.

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:51 - Feb 19 with 6375 viewsGarv

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:19 - Feb 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Lots of people can talk a good game on the radio/TV but actually managing is a different story altogether. Mick Mills and Gary Neville are prime examples.

You're half right. Mick Mills can talk.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:53 - Feb 19 with 6364 viewsbontcho

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:20 - Feb 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, I don't think she has the credentials. Managed at a fairly low level, on what was until recently been a 14 game season, in a very unbalanced league.

That said, it would be an interesting experiment.

Which is why the caretaker manager route might be her way to get a foot in the door. Would definitely be interesting to see a Manageress although years after Cheri Lungie of course.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:00 - Feb 19 with 6327 viewsBerlinBlue

It will definitely happen at some point, sooner rather than later.
Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:08 - Feb 19 with 6286 viewsHerbivore

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:00 - Feb 19 by BerlinBlue

It will definitely happen at some point, sooner rather than later.

Are there even any female coaches at the top of the men's game? It feels a way off to me, sadly. We've not even managed to have an openly out gay footballer in the top tier yet, that's how backwards the world of football is. Then there's the lack of black coaches and managers. Football's not ready to tolerate female managers yet and I can't see that changing soon, unfortunately.

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:10 - Feb 19 with 6276 viewsChampionship

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:35 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

That's incredibly naive.

You've never changed your mind about someone? If she could prove she's tactically capable and earns their respect who knows what could happen?
Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:19 - Feb 19 with 6218 viewsBlueBadger

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 17:19 - Feb 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Roy Keane and Paul Lambert are BRILLIANT at pressers...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:42 - Feb 19 with 6143 viewsAlexGreen

Are you sure they didn't say Emyr Huws?

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:19 - Feb 19 with 6027 viewsBerlinBlue

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 18:08 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

Are there even any female coaches at the top of the men's game? It feels a way off to me, sadly. We've not even managed to have an openly out gay footballer in the top tier yet, that's how backwards the world of football is. Then there's the lack of black coaches and managers. Football's not ready to tolerate female managers yet and I can't see that changing soon, unfortunately.

You're right, football is backward. I think your use of "tolerate" in the last sentence is spot on. Ridiculous really. But for it to change, the men's game needs a female manager. The women's game is getting stronger and more prominent very rapidly, and with it their managers (although there are a number of male managers too). Some of these will get a chance in men's teams, and even if that happening is still a way off, when it does it will be a good thing.
Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 21:20 - Feb 19 with 5761 viewsHerbivore

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:19 - Feb 19 by BerlinBlue

You're right, football is backward. I think your use of "tolerate" in the last sentence is spot on. Ridiculous really. But for it to change, the men's game needs a female manager. The women's game is getting stronger and more prominent very rapidly, and with it their managers (although there are a number of male managers too). Some of these will get a chance in men's teams, and even if that happening is still a way off, when it does it will be a good thing.

I agree it'll be a good thing, I just see it as being a way off sadly.

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 09:15 - Feb 20 with 5417 viewsMullysplace1

No way. Ridiculous idea. Who is she anyway? One of the players Mums?
Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 09:16 - Feb 20 with 5413 viewssparks

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 19:19 - Feb 19 by BerlinBlue

I don't agree. The resistance isnt based on some unreasnoable prejudice so much as the reality of the situation.

The men's game is very different in many ways. Its a different world.

If a female coach wants to get into the top of the men's game, surely, the starting point is to learn about the men's game by being involved at a much lower level and doing well there.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Emma Hayes - Chelsea on 09:51 - Feb 20 with 5366 viewsrickw

No chance the gap in quality, fitness, knowledge is immense - the gap between L1 and the Championship was to big for Paul Hurst - this gap in 20x as big!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024