Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. 20:59 - Feb 27 with 2758 viewsLord_Lucan

I don’t want 3rd division champions or runners up on our roll of honour.

It’s all a bit yellow and green for my liking.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:02 - Feb 27 with 2364 viewsChampionship

Play off winners would still be on there. Might as well win the league and give Lambert much chance to plan for our assault on the Premiership.

Now just to wait for leagueone to get upset that we're being positive.
If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:06 - Feb 27 with 2335 viewsfooters

And what of the Checkatrade trophy? Is that what it's called?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:07 - Feb 27 with 2326 viewsChampionship

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:06 - Feb 27 by footers

And what of the Checkatrade trophy? Is that what it's called?

I hope we refuse to enter. U21 teams in any first team tournament is a slap in the face to all the other teams.
If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:09 - Feb 27 with 2306 viewsfooters

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:07 - Feb 27 by Championship

I hope we refuse to enter. U21 teams in any first team tournament is a slap in the face to all the other teams.

Can you refuse participation? Not that I'm arrogant enough to suggest we'd win, but wouldn't want that particular tinpot prize sullying our beloved trophy cabinet.

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:18 - Feb 27 with 2265 viewsgainsboroughblue

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:09 - Feb 27 by footers

Can you refuse participation? Not that I'm arrogant enough to suggest we'd win, but wouldn't want that particular tinpot prize sullying our beloved trophy cabinet.

I asked that very question on here recently and someone replied saying that participation was mandatory.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:20 - Feb 27 with 2255 viewsSuperblue95

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:18 - Feb 27 by gainsboroughblue

I asked that very question on here recently and someone replied saying that participation was mandatory.

We can’t progress past the first round of a cup anyway so makes little difference to us

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:21 - Feb 27 with 2251 viewsChampionship

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:18 - Feb 27 by gainsboroughblue

Send the youth team with someone like Dyer. Good experience for him, give our youths and reserves some 'meaningful' games and public shows complete disdain for the joke of a tournament.
If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:22 - Feb 27 with 2242 viewsfooters

If it's mandatory and we end up winning it, we could always donate it to them up the road. Always a decent gesture to give to those in need.

Login to get fewer ads

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:39 - Feb 27 with 2170 viewsMisterBlue

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:21 - Feb 27 by Championship

Send the youth team with someone like Dyer. Good experience for him, give our youths and reserves some 'meaningful' games and public shows complete disdain for the joke of a tournament.

can't even do that, without being fined by the FL. Players have to come from the first team -
https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/14912717.brown-describes-blues-checkatrade-trop

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/16/efl-checkatrade-trophy-under-st
[Post edited 27 Feb 2019 21:42]
If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:41 - Feb 27 with 2158 viewsfooters

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:39 - Feb 27 by MisterBlue

can't even do that, without being fined by the FL. Players have to come from the first team -
https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/14912717.brown-describes-blues-checkatrade-trop

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/16/efl-checkatrade-trophy-under-st
[Post edited 27 Feb 2019 21:42]

Didn't MM do the same once, with Wolves I think? Had to explain why he fielded so many yoofs and got fined.

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:44 - Feb 27 with 2151 viewsSuperblue95

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:41 - Feb 27 by footers

Didn't MM do the same once, with Wolves I think? Had to explain why he fielded so many yoofs and got fined.

Tightened up the 25 man squad rule after that incident as well I believe

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:44 - Feb 27 with 2146 viewsMisterBlue

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:41 - Feb 27 by footers

Possibly, think it may have been an FA Cup match, sandwiched between two crucial games when they were fighting against relegation from the Prem
If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:46 - Feb 27 with 2131 viewsfooters

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:44 - Feb 27 by MisterBlue

Possibly, think it may have been an FA Cup match, sandwiched between two crucial games when they were fighting against relegation from the Prem

Ah yes, not imagining things.

Edit: I stand corrected said the man in the orthopedic shoes. League, not cup.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/18/mick-mcarthy-wolves-fine
[Post edited 27 Feb 2019 21:50]

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:46 - Feb 27 with 2131 viewsSuperblue95

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:44 - Feb 27 by MisterBlue

League match against Man Utd I think (possibly midweek) and wanted to rest his first team for a more winnable game the following match

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:48 - Feb 27 with 2126 viewsChampionship

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:46 - Feb 27 by footers

Ah yes, not imagining things.

Edit: I stand corrected said the man in the orthopedic shoes. League, not cup.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/18/mick-mcarthy-wolves-fine
[Post edited 27 Feb 2019 21:50]

I think they were league games? He threw away the Man U game and they won the next game so it was a good strategy.
If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:50 - Feb 27 with 2116 viewsfooters

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:46 - Feb 27 by Superblue95

League match against Man Utd I think (possibly midweek) and wanted to rest his first team for a more winnable game the following match

Edited and amended. Should always read stuff before posting!

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:53 - Feb 27 with 2094 viewsSuperblue95

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:50 - Feb 27 by footers

Edited and amended. Should always read stuff before posting!

If you just edit all your posts to things I’ve said then you’ll rarely be wrong about things Footers

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 22:08 - Feb 27 with 2035 viewsfooters

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 21:53 - Feb 27 by Superblue95

If you just edit all your posts to things I’ve said then you’ll rarely be wrong about things Footers

As you are an alt login of mine I'll take this with a pinch of salt.

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 22:11 - Feb 27 with 2022 viewsMrTown

Not for me. I want to walk it, I don’t mean that in terms of ‘this will be easy’ mentality, I mean as in we earn every single win, but we win a lot of games and win it at a canter.

When you look at players who look like they could be here; Bishop, Chambers, Skuse, Downes, Judge, Dozzell, Lankester.

That is more than enough ability to put us towards the top end of the table, just depends upon our mentality.

Still think we need to find a L1 goal scorer, would look at Marc McNulty.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 22:14 - Feb 27 with 2011 viewsSuperblue95

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 22:08 - Feb 27 by footers

As you are an alt login of mine I'll take this with a pinch of salt.

Note to self: stop giving myself advice

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 22:15 - Feb 27 with 2006 viewsfooters

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 22:11 - Feb 27 by MrTown

Not for me. I want to walk it, I don’t mean that in terms of ‘this will be easy’ mentality, I mean as in we earn every single win, but we win a lot of games and win it at a canter.

When you look at players who look like they could be here; Bishop, Chambers, Skuse, Downes, Judge, Dozzell, Lankester.

That is more than enough ability to put us towards the top end of the table, just depends upon our mentality.

Still think we need to find a L1 goal scorer, would look at Marc McNulty.

Like the optimism but honestly think it's going to be harder than some may think. Good thing Lambert has been here instilling some sort of style of play and generally organising things. But there will still have to be a number of changes in the summer, I reckon- could disrupt us a bit. We definitely can't be arrogant about any of this. We've had our pants pulled down this season good and proper, so doubt many will tbh, but just a word of caution.

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 22:30 - Feb 27 with 1972 viewstextbackup

weirdly said almost exactly this at almost the exact same time

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 22:38 - Feb 27 with 1944 viewsGuthrum

We already have 3rd Division (South) Champions on our roll of honour - twice (1953-4 and 1956-7).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 22:40 - Feb 27 with 1943 viewsSpruceMoose

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 22:38 - Feb 27 by Guthrum

We already have 3rd Division (South) Champions on our roll of honour - twice (1953-4 and 1956-7).

Genuine question, anyone know if they issued trophies for those back then? And if so, do we still have them?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 00:27 - Feb 28 with 1814 viewsBrettenhamBlue

If we come back up next season I want it through the play offs. on 22:40 - Feb 27 by SpruceMoose

Genuine question, anyone know if they issued trophies for those back then? And if so, do we still have them?

it was a pretty large shield back then. Look up images "Leyton Orient 1955/56 winners" and you'll get an idea of the size of it. Vaguely remember seeing Newport County's copy many years ago.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024