Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit / Currency people 09:29 - Mar 4 with 856 viewsskyblue23

I need to change up some money into euros for a trip away in April. Does it matter when I change up my money or is there literally going to be no difference if I were to get them now instead of the start of April?

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Brexit / Currency people on 09:34 - Mar 4 with 841 viewsfooters

Do it before the 12th of this month. The pound is at a relative high and nothing else Brexity should happen before then.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Brexit / Currency people on 09:44 - Mar 4 with 813 viewsStokieBlue

Get a Starling or Monzo account and just pay by card. Much better off getting the Mastercard spot rate than the ludicrously skimmed rates of the foreign exchange merchants.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Brexit / Currency people on 09:45 - Mar 4 with 811 viewsPinewoodblue

Brexit / Currency people on 09:34 - Mar 4 by footers

Do it before the 12th of this month. The pound is at a relative high and nothing else Brexity should happen before then.

£ is at best rate, against €, for at least 12 months.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Brexit / Currency people on 09:45 - Mar 4 with 811 viewscaught-in-limbo

Alternatively, if you expect the pound to rally with the news that there'll be no Brexit, leave* it till just before you start your trip.

*CIL should not be trusted to give sound financial advice.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Brexit / Currency people on 09:46 - Mar 4 with 805 viewsfooters

Brexit / Currency people on 09:44 - Mar 4 by StokieBlue

Get a Starling or Monzo account and just pay by card. Much better off getting the Mastercard spot rate than the ludicrously skimmed rates of the foreign exchange merchants.

SB

Shut up, I've PMd him a *very* generous rate/

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Brexit / Currency people on 09:52 - Mar 4 with 792 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexit / Currency people on 09:45 - Mar 4 by caught-in-limbo

Alternatively, if you expect the pound to rally with the news that there'll be no Brexit, leave* it till just before you start your trip.

*CIL should not be trusted to give sound financial advice.

This is it. If history is any judge, there's room for more gains on no-Brexit news than there will be for further losses on more Brexity news. It's never really recovered from the referendum result.

I think May's mad enough to actually go through with it (although I won't believe it until it happens), so we're booking holiday stuff now.

And I'll get to apply for an nice little international driving permit in a little paper booklet. It's like being back in the 70s all over again, very quaint.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit / Currency people on 10:18 - Mar 4 with 755 viewsfactual_blue

Travel to Europe will be banned as part of the ERG's 'hostile environment'.

jakob von mogg is being fitted for a an ankle-length black leather overcoat...
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 10:18]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Brexit / Currency people on 13:43 - Mar 4 with 663 viewsElephantintheRoom

Do you? Exchange rates at any time will rob you of circa 15% of your money. The £ will have to go some to counteract the rip off rates applied by the banks, post office etc. Get a monzo card and get the actual rate at the time. Same with Halifax. And your Santander debit card IF you are going to spain. Other than that - Brexit is going to be delayed which will strengthen the £ prior to March. IF May can bribe enough Labour MPs to get her sell out through - then that will strengthen the £ too. But get 15% more for your £ by using Monzo.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024