Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC Behind the scenes 13:06 - Mar 8 with 3633 viewsFrimleyBlue

It would be really interesting to know how our set up compares to other clubs.

Yesturday, a lot of people were saying how we don't need a good sort out as Mick worked wonders. However I remember Mick at times saying some things weren't right. Keane said them, Hurst said them and now Lambert

We'll never know, but things like scouting networks, or cat 1/cat 2 decisions, sports science, double gym sessions. Blanc turning us down etc. There has to be something missing for all our previous managers to comment on the set up of the club as an issue.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

ITFC Behind the scenes on 19:49 - Mar 8 with 743 views3_5_2

The scouting network at kids level is a poor 2nd to even the budgies They have centres of excellence and development centres in our town ffs

Huge mistake cancelling the community program years ago

PL has already spoken about such things needing attention and much more at senior level

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

ITFC Behind the scenes on 10:11 - Mar 9 with 642 viewsBryanPlug

ITFC Behind the scenes on 13:12 - Mar 8 by itfcjoe

Everything is done on the cheap at the club -so unless Evans is going to start investing in things off the field (which he simply hasn't done) then not much will really change.

All money in the club basically goes into the first team budget

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

ITFC Behind the scenes on 10:45 - Mar 9 with 622 viewschristiand

ITFC Behind the scenes on 18:38 - Mar 8 by MrTown

Recruitment has been and will long be our biggest downfall, when you compare us to our comparable through infrastructure off the field I think of a team like Brentford, I think a club who if I'm not mistaken also make an annual loss as a rule of £6-7m, their maximum gate is just over the 12,000 mark yet their recruitment over the past 4-5 years from the lower divisions and further a field has been superb, when you think of a player like Maupay, a £2m player who is probably now re-sellable at a 1000% profit.

And that is just one example of their v good recruitment, and the player they are scouting is of a really high technical level hence such the attractive free flowing football they produce.

Yet we get a player like Quaner reportedly on 45k a week who to be honest has v limited footballing ability at this level.

Recruitment has to change under Lambert.

You have to remember that Brentford's approach is very much like the film Moneyball, where the GM of the baseball team the Oakland Athletics used statistical analysis and clever scouting to recruit lower league talent to be competitive. Hence PH's appointment. Brentford's funds are all channelled into the first team, although you have to remember they have done away with their academy. That's a real strength of our club and I expect our first team will have a lot of the young talent making up our squad for next season with seasoned professionals playing in key areas.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 10:47]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

ITFC Behind the scenes on 11:10 - Mar 9 with 607 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

ITFC Behind the scenes on 19:00 - Mar 8 by footers

He's on £16k p/w.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/huddersfield-town/payroll/

Which is still ridiculous for someone of his quality, but hey.

And that’s his Huddersfield wage* - we may not be paying all of it either, although I suspect we’re paying a decent chunk

*assuming that link is accurate or course, but it does feel in the right ballpark

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

ITFC Behind the scenes on 12:08 - Mar 9 with 588 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC Behind the scenes on 19:01 - Mar 8 by footers

The fact that a three-second search can find correct info is proof positive that some of our fans just live inside their own heads.

Not sure how accurate that is, I’ve heard the deal for Quaner is costing us north of £20k a week. We blew Rotherham out of the water who also wanted hin

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024