Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... 20:22 - Mar 10 with 6782 viewsKieran_Knows

... amongst the other clubs he’s been at in this piece.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/paul-hurst-reflects-ipswich-shrewsbury/
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 20:22]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 11:53 - Mar 11 with 1122 viewsReuser_is_God

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 11:30 - Mar 11 by artsbossbeard

"Hi Everyone, I'm still unemployed. Form an orderly queue this way".

Is there actually, by definition, a queue if no one is standing in it?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 12:00 - Mar 11 with 1109 viewsSwansea_Blue

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 07:39 - Mar 11 by Oxford_Blue

Hurst was right - the players weren’t good enough.

However, the problem is, it was his team.

Slating them so publicly after the Exeter march backfired.

There were a lot of players lacking in confidence, who were struggling with the step up to the championship and he went for them.

There’s a reason you didn’t see experienced managers like Ferguson attacking his players in public.

No wonder we lost. They must have been knackered after marching there. Should have flown or taken a coach imo

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 15:21 - Mar 11 with 1007 viewsBluesquid

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 00:04 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

'I class myself as a good man-manager, but I know I can also be quite blunt. If someone’s not performed very well, I’ll tell them. And I think that’s something some characters struggled with.'

Not buying that at all, especially as one of the main positives MM's former players say about him is that he is very honest, if you're playing sh1t he will tell you. There was a hell of a lot of smoke and plenty of respected TWTDers were screaming fire. Sounds like Hurst finally got his big break and was a bit too enthusiastic and inexperienced to take it. I'd be genuinely sympathetic if it was at another club but it wasn't and he's relegated us so he can fook himself.

*waits for PositivelyPortman to come and downvote me before he goes to bed in his Paul Hurst match worn training gear*

Was Mick very honest and tell the players that they were playing sh*t?

Yes, possibly. But what happened as a result of playing sh*t depended on exactly who you were.

Senior pro? Then no worries, your place in the first 11 was safe, Mick wouldn't even consider dropping one of them in order to perhaps improve and develop their game.

He only ever called out and dropped the young 'uns when his senior pals were under performing week in, week out and making countless mistakes.

We all remember his "they have been outstanding" comment when clearly we could all see that this certainly was not the case.

Perhaps Hurst, like you say was a bit too enthusiastic and at the same time there may have been a number of senior pro's who had just become a bit too comfortable with how things had been in the past.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 15:34]
Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 16:02 - Mar 11 with 969 viewstractorboysuffolk

Hard to ignore the elephant in the room......first paragraph....lol

Now we can play in a similar style to Mick, but in League 1!
Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 18:01 - Mar 12 with 824 viewsbraveblue

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 09:36 - Mar 11 by artsbossbeard

Ashamed for what?

Performances and not doing their very well paid jobs.
Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 18:08 - Mar 12 with 815 viewsMullet

He'd have my respect if he could hold his hands up, but his past couple of months of charm offensive, and job touting have been nauseating.

I'm actually amazed he gets off so lightly from Town fans. I'm sure he's not a reprehensible individual, but he came here and smashed everything apart unsupervised and has turned round now and blamed every possible thing and person he could.

Evans deserves blame and criticism, those utterly blind to it and defending him less so, even the ones who flipped 180 shamelessly when it was clear he was sending us down. But given how we've turned a corner as a fanbase with relegation all but certain, people need to do the same as Hurst and examine what went wrong and how much Lambert can feasibly be expected to fix this summer, next season and beyond.

This bloke being given the reins could yet be the most damaging few months in our history.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 19:01 - Mar 12 with 773 viewsPositivelyPortman

Paul Hurst again speaking about his time at Town... on 00:04 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

'I class myself as a good man-manager, but I know I can also be quite blunt. If someone’s not performed very well, I’ll tell them. And I think that’s something some characters struggled with.'

Not buying that at all, especially as one of the main positives MM's former players say about him is that he is very honest, if you're playing sh1t he will tell you. There was a hell of a lot of smoke and plenty of respected TWTDers were screaming fire. Sounds like Hurst finally got his big break and was a bit too enthusiastic and inexperienced to take it. I'd be genuinely sympathetic if it was at another club but it wasn't and he's relegated us so he can fook himself.

*waits for PositivelyPortman to come and downvote me before he goes to bed in his Paul Hurst match worn training gear*

Wouldn’t fit me lovey, I’m 6ft 3inches.
I won’t disappoint you by not giving you a down vote though. Love you.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024