Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well done Chambo.... 19:18 - Mar 15 with 9043 viewsBloots

....legend.

X

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Well done Chambo.... on 21:58 - Mar 15 with 2271 viewsWestover

Great news and for those who do nothing but run him down it just shows you know nothing about football.
Well done Chambo.... on 22:04 - Mar 15 with 2253 viewsPJH

Well done Chambo.... on 21:58 - Mar 15 by Kieran_Knows

Different breed the news posters.

I confess that I was one of those for the first nine months of my TWTD life before discovering this relatively sensible outlet four years ago.
Well done Chambo.... on 22:31 - Mar 15 with 2239 viewsfooters

Well done Chambo.... on 22:04 - Mar 15 by PJH

I confess that I was one of those for the first nine months of my TWTD life before discovering this relatively sensible outlet four years ago.

fck off you dont no nuffin bout football m8 chamberz disc race to are once proud club

When's your beautiful post going to be recovered/re-written btw? Any news?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Well done Chambo.... on 22:35 - Mar 15 with 2227 viewsPJH

Well done Chambo.... on 22:31 - Mar 15 by footers

fck off you dont no nuffin bout football m8 chamberz disc race to are once proud club

When's your beautiful post going to be recovered/re-written btw? Any news?

If you mean my Champions Of England one I intend to retype a version of it(with factual error corrected)on 28th April.
The original is buried wherever Gav has buried such things but I have a print of it and I still have my memories.
Well done Chambo.... on 22:41 - Mar 15 with 2213 viewsfooters

Well done Chambo.... on 22:35 - Mar 15 by PJH

If you mean my Champions Of England one I intend to retype a version of it(with factual error corrected)on 28th April.
The original is buried wherever Gav has buried such things but I have a print of it and I still have my memories.

Excellent. Good to hear, dear chap :)

Am now almost finished with the Mr John book that Lucan kindly lent me so have a new-found appreciation of that time and our achievements. Let's hope some of our more vocal correspondents take note of your memories and what we are/were as a Club. So much to be proud of.

I have also contacted Mr Henderson on the possibility of him making this text available as a PDF/Kindle version for those unwilling to pay +£60 for a copy! The publisher went bust some ten years ago so copies are scarce and such important views on Town could be lost if this trend continues.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 22:44]

Well done Chambo.... on 22:44 - Mar 15 with 2195 viewsPJH

Well done Chambo.... on 22:41 - Mar 15 by footers

Excellent. Good to hear, dear chap :)

Am now almost finished with the Mr John book that Lucan kindly lent me so have a new-found appreciation of that time and our achievements. Let's hope some of our more vocal correspondents take note of your memories and what we are/were as a Club. So much to be proud of.

I have also contacted Mr Henderson on the possibility of him making this text available as a PDF/Kindle version for those unwilling to pay +£60 for a copy! The publisher went bust some ten years ago so copies are scarce and such important views on Town could be lost if this trend continues.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 22:44]

I actually watched my "The Official History Of Ipswich Town" DVD this afternoon-we and the club do have much to be proud of.
Well done Chambo.... on 22:47 - Mar 15 with 2196 viewsfooters

Well done Chambo.... on 22:44 - Mar 15 by PJH

I actually watched my "The Official History Of Ipswich Town" DVD this afternoon-we and the club do have much to be proud of.

Pity the yoof! I am only old enough to have seen us win promotion most recently, then the subsequent goings-on... ever since not much to shout about!

People talk of 'doing a Leicester' - to my mind we've done that twice now...

Well done Chambo.... on 22:52 - Mar 15 with 2186 viewsPJH

Well done Chambo.... on 22:47 - Mar 15 by footers

Pity the yoof! I am only old enough to have seen us win promotion most recently, then the subsequent goings-on... ever since not much to shout about!

People talk of 'doing a Leicester' - to my mind we've done that twice now...

Well on 28th April I intend to tell you and anyone else that is interested about my memories of the season that ITFC became Champions Of England.

We seem to have gone off at a bit of a tangent from Chambo and his contract.
Login to get fewer ads

Well done Chambo.... on 22:58 - Mar 15 with 2182 viewsfooters

Well done Chambo.... on 22:52 - Mar 15 by PJH

Well on 28th April I intend to tell you and anyone else that is interested about my memories of the season that ITFC became Champions Of England.

We seem to have gone off at a bit of a tangent from Chambo and his contract.

Please do update us on your various coach trip holidays to Scotland as well on this thread, my friend! :)

Looking forward to 28th April!

Well done Chambo.... on 23:40 - Mar 15 with 2166 viewsRyorry

Well done Chambo.... on 22:04 - Mar 15 by PJH

Just when I thought there was nothing further on this forum that could possibly shock me!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Well done Chambo.... on 05:27 - Mar 16 with 2104 viewsbraveblue

Well done Chambo.... on 19:19 - Mar 15 by Dubtractor

He is going to be so important for us next season.

Ha, ha!!
Well done Chambo.... on 06:55 - Mar 16 with 2080 viewsm14_blue

Well done Chambo.... on 19:55 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

Rommy!

Rommy’s not been insulting them - he’s been betting on them!

Sorry rommy
Well done Chambo.... on 07:46 - Mar 16 with 2055 viewsPJH

Well done Chambo.... on 23:40 - Mar 15 by Ryorry

Just when I thought there was nothing further on this forum that could possibly shock me!

Yes Ryorry, I eventually saw the error of my ways although I could not resist saying something on the Chambo contract piece on the news section last night.
Well done Chambo.... on 07:58 - Mar 16 with 2044 viewsGeminiblue

Do we know how the debacle of last years 1 year option finally being taken up came about? Can’t understand how it was left so late to sort. Do you think the Notts Forest move was used to finally force the clubs hand, or was he genuinely about to sign for them?
Well done Chambo.... on 11:08 - Mar 16 with 1976 viewskpblues

To be a legend you have to win something.

Chambers has won Division 1 and 2 runners up medals.

He has also won absolutely nothing with Ipswich.

How by any reckoning does that make him a legend ?????????

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Well done Chambo.... on 12:08 - Mar 16 with 1949 viewsRyorry

Well done Chambo.... on 11:08 - Mar 16 by kpblues

To be a legend you have to win something.

Chambers has won Division 1 and 2 runners up medals.

He has also won absolutely nothing with Ipswich.

How by any reckoning does that make him a legend ?????????

Please point me to the statute book in which it's said that "to be a legend you have to win something".

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Well done Chambo.... on 13:21 - Mar 16 with 1933 viewskpblues

Well done Chambo.... on 12:08 - Mar 16 by Ryorry

Please point me to the statute book in which it's said that "to be a legend you have to win something".

Take your point Ryorry but 100% of the Football League Legends List have either won major honours or made the most appearances for their club.

Chambers has done neither so I'm curious as to what criteria is used for calling him a legend.

Long service , enthusiasm and fist pumps surely doesn't do it ?
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 13:23]

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024