Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The tide is turning, 17:13 - Mar 16 with 2846 viewsChurchman75

Strangely proud to be a Town fan, Our extended pre-season has already began and although we are not totally sure who will leave in the summer we can be thankful that Evans has done something correct in respect of the academy with so much talent coming through.

If we can sell Bart for £2m+ and keep hold of Will Keane and Alan Judge, Mr Lambert will have a great base to work from. PL has already side a little more experience will be needed to help the young men along the way.

One thing i feel we do need is a fox in the box. Perhaps give Darren Bent a trial and full pre-season?.... Hes just turned 35 and will still be class at L1 level. He's not to old when you look at D.Murpy playing today (36).

The response and football played in the last 3 games has been terrific and a pleasure to watch, my love for the club is back, the missus is @ work next Saturday, i will be there and will be buying a season ticket next season irrespective of the price.

I.T.I.D

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

The tide is turning, on 17:19 - Mar 16 with 2780 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm feel more connected to the club than I have for a long time, looking forward to next season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The tide is turning, on 17:19 - Mar 16 with 2779 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Pre season is always a time where the team continues to change too.

We won't be selling Bart and especially not for that money.

I think Judge will stay and possibly Keane.

We need a proven striker but if we weren't prepared to give Bent a go when Lambert came in we certainly won't be next season. I would have been happy if he had joined us in December. I wouldn't be if he did in July and he won't do. He is now earning money from TV instead. A Premier League or Championship striker with some experience around League 1 level on loan will probably be the way ahead. If we could find a freebie along the lines of when we picked up McGoldrick that would be even better.

Glad for your last paragraph. The atmosphere sounded great today. Onwards and upwards.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The tide is turning, on 17:27 - Mar 16 with 2698 viewsMullysplace1

If big Mick was still here we wouldn't be in this mess.
The tide is turning, on 17:29 - Mar 16 with 2673 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The tide is turning, on 17:27 - Mar 16 by Mullysplace1

True but he isn't and neither would he have been once ROI came calling either so a pointless post really.

Let's live in the present and look to the future instead.

The tide is turning, on 18:19 - Mar 16 with 2478 viewsFtnfwest

Few would know as there’d only be 5000 in the ground
The tide is turning, on 19:53 - Mar 16 with 2341 viewsJohnny_Boy

The tide is turning, on 18:19 - Mar 16 by Ftnfwest

4,000 Tops
The tide is turning, on 20:09 - Mar 16 with 2278 viewsDarth_Koont

The tide is turning, on 18:19 - Mar 16 by Ftnfwest

Let's not go overboard. Mick actually brought fans back to PR when things were going better.

Currently, we're enjoying some strange pre-season before we start playing Accrington in a gritty 6-pointer so let's not get carried away on hubris.

Pronouns: He/Him

The tide is turning, on 20:17 - Mar 16 with 2229 viewsKieran_Knows

No, but there’d be less than 13,000 inside PR, and whilst I’d be one of those, I’d be bored sh*tless every (other) week.

Give it a rest.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

The tide is turning, on 20:20 - Mar 16 with 2209 viewsbluejacko

Funny isn’t MUCH better footie to watch,atmosphere in the ground and still some people can’t let it go!
It is weird but yes it is enjoyable again 😀
The tide is turning, on 21:17 - Mar 16 with 2088 viewsArnieM

The tide is turning, on 17:19 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pre season is always a time where the team continues to change too.

We won't be selling Bart and especially not for that money.

I think Judge will stay and possibly Keane.

We need a proven striker but if we weren't prepared to give Bent a go when Lambert came in we certainly won't be next season. I would have been happy if he had joined us in December. I wouldn't be if he did in July and he won't do. He is now earning money from TV instead. A Premier League or Championship striker with some experience around League 1 level on loan will probably be the way ahead. If we could find a freebie along the lines of when we picked up McGoldrick that would be even better.

Glad for your last paragraph. The atmosphere sounded great today. Onwards and upwards.

Do you think we can afford to keep Bart? He’s on the highest wage at the Club now I think ( £12k a week reportedly). He won’t stay anyway .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The tide is turning, on 21:23 - Mar 16 with 2064 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The tide is turning, on 21:17 - Mar 16 by ArnieM

Do you think we can afford to keep Bart? He’s on the highest wage at the Club now I think ( £12k a week reportedly). He won’t stay anyway .

You think we will pay him off? Or do you think someone else will offer him more and pay us a £2M transfer fee?

I presume he has a relegation clause in his contract. I don't know what the wage situation is but I suspect we will have him next season more because no one else will value him highly enough than because we won't want to move him on. At the very least, if we move him on because we can't afford him it will be for free or on loan to a club prepared to pay most or all of his wages.

I also think that Bart back to his best next season would be a real key player. I think he has shown some signs of recovering form recently and that has to be good.

The tide is turning, on 01:13 - Mar 17 with 1873 viewsBlueBadger

The tide is turning, on 20:09 - Mar 16 by Darth_Koont

Let's not go overboard. Mick actually brought fans back to PR when things were going better.

Currently, we're enjoying some strange pre-season before we start playing Accrington in a gritty 6-pointer so let's not get carried away on hubris.

This thread is no place for realism.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The tide is turning, on 01:26 - Mar 17 with 1855 viewsKeaneish

The tide is turning, on 17:19 - Mar 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm feel more connected to the club than I have for a long time, looking forward to next season.

Same here. Best I've felt as a town fan since Magilton.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The tide is turning, on 11:44 - Mar 17 with 1616 viewsWestcountryblue

The tide is turning, on 21:23 - Mar 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

You think we will pay him off? Or do you think someone else will offer him more and pay us a £2M transfer fee?

I presume he has a relegation clause in his contract. I don't know what the wage situation is but I suspect we will have him next season more because no one else will value him highly enough than because we won't want to move him on. At the very least, if we move him on because we can't afford him it will be for free or on loan to a club prepared to pay most or all of his wages.

I also think that Bart back to his best next season would be a real key player. I think he has shown some signs of recovering form recently and that has to be good.

If the clause is in place, keep him.

His experience and quality will be a huge asset in League One.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024