Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn just made I laugh 09:51 - Mar 17 with 17497 viewsLord_Lucan

Interviewer; "Do you want to leave or remain in the EU"
Corbyn; "What I want to do is build a relationship with the EU.........................."
Interviewer; "That wasn't what I asked"
Corbyn; "No I know it wasn't but what I'm trying to help you say.................."

That tickled me

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:57 - Mar 17 with 5100 viewsWeWereZombies

Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:43 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

If 43% want a hard Brexit then I can't see it. (I imagine the missing 7% are leavers but not on May's terms....where are you getting the 20M/14M from?
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 13:43]

Have you read the article you posted a link to? Can you not perform just a bit of simple multiplication for yourself?

OK, I will show my workings:

46% of, say 43 million, voting is 20 million and 36% is 14 million in rough terms.

20 million is, again in rough terms, 60% of 34 million and 14 million is 40% - not difficult is it?

I could give you answers to five decimal places rather than working it out in my head but there is an assumption of an improved turnout and I do not know the basis of the poll from The Guardian so have kept it broadbrush. MIght turn out to be 75% Remain to 25% Leave but it will be a majority to Remain now - if we are ever given the chance to have a say and there is no guarantee that a Labour Party under Corbyn will respect what so many of it's supporters hope for.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Corbyn just made I laugh on 14:23 - Mar 17 with 5072 viewsballycastle

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:28 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

It is way less than seventeen million now and you know it...

How do you know it? It is pure speculation, the remainers believed religiously that they would win easily, secondly if the silly ones stopped calling it a "peoples vote" they may sway some to accept it, it is a childlike adjective.
Corbyn just made I laugh on 14:23 - Mar 17 with 5069 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:57 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

Have you read the article you posted a link to? Can you not perform just a bit of simple multiplication for yourself?

46% of, say 43 million, voting is 20 million and 36% is 14 million in rough terms.

20 million is, again in rough terms, 60% of 34 million and 14 million is 40% - not difficult is it?

I could give you answers to five decimal places rather than working it out in my head but there is an assumption of an improved turnout and I do not know the basis of the poll from The Guardian so have kept it broadbrush. MIght turn out to be 75% Remain to 25% Leave but it will be a majority to Remain now - if we are ever given the chance to have a say and there is no guarantee that a Labour Party under Corbyn will respect what so many of it's supporters hope for.

43 per cent of 43 M = 18.5 million so that must be 4.5 Million remain voters favouring a hard brexit. I think you may be seeing what you want to see!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Corbyn just made I laugh on 14:27 - Mar 17 with 5068 viewsWeWereZombies

Corbyn just made I laugh on 14:23 - Mar 17 by ballycastle

How do you know it? It is pure speculation, the remainers believed religiously that they would win easily, secondly if the silly ones stopped calling it a "peoples vote" they may sway some to accept it, it is a childlike adjective.

See above workings...

Corbyn just made I laugh on 14:28 - Mar 17 with 5067 viewsWeWereZombies

Corbyn just made I laugh on 14:23 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

43 per cent of 43 M = 18.5 million so that must be 4.5 Million remain voters favouring a hard brexit. I think you may be seeing what you want to see!

err, it's 46% - not 43%. Re-read the article, stop accusing me of being subjective, thank you.

Corbyn just made I laugh on 15:19 - Mar 17 with 5026 viewsbritbiker

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:09 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

As has been pointed out so many times now the June 2016 gave no clear mandate to leave the European Union, perhaps a second referendum could give a clearer one but I suspect that remaining would be the decisive result, no idea what percentage but bigger than 52% of 70%. Get that out of the way and then the real business of improving social justice can start. All that the continuance of this leaving diversion is doing is putting off addressing the vital issues like poverty, poor response to climate change and social breakdown that the Labour Party should tackle. An alternative is needed and the appetite is there as soon as a capable group of politicians give the electorate some leadership.

Could it also be argued that the 'Remain' vote not accepting the decision has also caused a lot of the delays thus the government not being able to get on with dealing with social issues?
Corbyn just made I laugh on 15:29 - Mar 17 with 5016 viewspickles110564

Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:57 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

of all the people i know that voted leave none have changed their position, i also know of youngsters that could not vote before now wanting to vote leave.
Corbyn just made I laugh on 15:31 - Mar 17 with 5006 viewspickles110564

Corbyn just made I laugh on 11:52 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

Nothing but a second referendum with Remain as an option is sufficient to heal the divisions in our state.

Nope that will cause even more division and un rest
Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn just made I laugh on 15:33 - Mar 17 with 5005 viewsXYZ

Corbyn just made I laugh on 15:19 - Mar 17 by britbiker

Could it also be argued that the 'Remain' vote not accepting the decision has also caused a lot of the delays thus the government not being able to get on with dealing with social issues?

No, it couldn't.
Corbyn just made I laugh on 15:48 - Mar 17 with 4992 viewsLord_Lucan

Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:41 - Mar 17 by Darth_Koont

No, the bare facts are that on the 23rd of June 2016, 52% voted that the United Kingdom should leave the European Union in an advisory, constitutionally non-binding referendum.

We're perfectly free to take another look based on subsequent facts about the campaigns and the now known difficulties of leaving without causing major upheaval and damage, particularly in Northern Ireland.

The clear mandate to leave, if it ever existed, certainly doesn't exist now.

The public were told that the result of the referendum would be implemented, it's as simple as that . We lost.

The question was in or out, there was no mention of a soft or hard brexit. If there were another referendum I think that the leave campaign would arguably win with a higher percentage.

Whatever happens from now there will be a massive division in the UK that will take a generation to heal. Remainers have acted like a load of spoilt kids.

Let's just say there was another referendum, what do you think the questions should be?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Corbyn just made I laugh on 16:44 - Mar 17 with 4963 viewsPinewoodblue

This thread has moved on from the original post so, to avoid another Brexit thread, will ask a question on here.

If May's deal is rejected again, or she doesn't have another meaningful vote, she goes to Brussels and asked for an extension of A50 she presumably needs to pass a bill through both houses of Parliament. How is HoL likely to vote.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Corbyn just made I laugh on 16:52 - Mar 17 with 4949 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn just made I laugh on 14:28 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

err, it's 46% - not 43%. Re-read the article, stop accusing me of being subjective, thank you.

43% want to leave with no deal......resisting the urge for shouty CAPITAL LETTERS!

Corbyn just made I laugh on 16:53 - Mar 17 with 4946 viewsJ2BLUE

Corbyn just made I laugh on 16:44 - Mar 17 by Pinewoodblue

This thread has moved on from the original post so, to avoid another Brexit thread, will ask a question on here.

If May's deal is rejected again, or she doesn't have another meaningful vote, she goes to Brussels and asked for an extension of A50 she presumably needs to pass a bill through both houses of Parliament. How is HoL likely to vote.

HoL would pass it with a landslide vote.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:03 - Mar 17 with 4933 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn just made I laugh on 14:28 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

"The survey shows the country split down the middle, with 43% supporting a delay to Brexit in order to hold a second public vote and 43% believing the UK should simply quit without any agreement with Brussels.

If a second referendum were held with the options of accepting Theresa May’s deal or remaining in the EU on the ballot paper, 46% said they would back remain, against 36% who would vote to leave on the terms of the prime minister’s proposal."

....so the 36% would be the 43% happy to go hard brexit less 7% (give or take) who hate May's deal so much they would refuse it outright. Your 60/40 extrapolation is a thing of your imagination.

Edit ......in fact it's nearer 60/40 the other way as only 46% are saying that given another go they would vote remain....meaning 54% wouldn't !!
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 17:08]

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:08 - Mar 17 with 4923 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn just made I laugh on 15:48 - Mar 17 by Lord_Lucan

The public were told that the result of the referendum would be implemented, it's as simple as that . We lost.

The question was in or out, there was no mention of a soft or hard brexit. If there were another referendum I think that the leave campaign would arguably win with a higher percentage.

Whatever happens from now there will be a massive division in the UK that will take a generation to heal. Remainers have acted like a load of spoilt kids.

Let's just say there was another referendum, what do you think the questions should be?

Told by whom? Party politicians who even fewer people voted for?

There's no binding and constitutional agreement to leave the EU come what may three years down the line. Which is why it's all going through the HoC.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:14 - Mar 17 with 4909 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:08 - Mar 17 by Darth_Koont

There's no binding and constitutional agreement to leave the EU come what may three years down the line. Which is why it's all going through the HoC.

"The referendum on Thursday, 23rd June is your chance to decide if we should remain in or leave the European Union. The Government believes it is in the best interests of the UK to remain in the EU. This is the way to protect jobs, provide security, and strengthen the UK’s economy for every family in this country — a clear path into the future, in contrast to the uncertainty of leaving. This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide."

.....from the tax payer financed government leaflet sent to every household.

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:28 - Mar 17 with 4898 viewsNewcyBlue

Corbyn just made I laugh on 15:29 - Mar 17 by pickles110564

of all the people i know that voted leave none have changed their position, i also know of youngsters that could not vote before now wanting to vote leave.

Nigel Farage: Narrow Remain win may lead to second referendum http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

Dated 2016. From your esteemed leader....

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:30 - Mar 17 with 4894 viewsLord_Lucan

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:08 - Mar 17 by Darth_Koont

Under the European Union Referendum Act 2015 this is technically correct but the text below from the PRO REMAIN Government referendum leaflet which was sent to every house in the UK says “This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide”.

If we had won the referendum you would be sticking it down the throat of every leaver who dared to question the result. Stinks of double standards to me.

A once in a generation decision
The referendum on Thursday, 23rd June is your chance to decide
if we should remain in or leave the European Union.
The Government believes it is in the best interests of the UK
to remain in the EU.
This is the way to protect jobs, provide security, and strengthen
the UK’s economy for every family in this country — a clear path
into the future, in contrast to the uncertainty of leaving.
This is your decision. The Government will implement what
you decide.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 17:32]

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:31 - Mar 17 with 4888 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:28 - Mar 17 by NewcyBlue

Nigel Farage: Narrow Remain win may lead to second referendum http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

Dated 2016. From your esteemed leader....

Ee up Newcy....good day yesterday, did Misses Newcy come too?

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:32 - Mar 17 with 4886 viewsm14_blue

Corbyn just made I laugh on 15:19 - Mar 17 by britbiker

Not really, no.
Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:35 - Mar 17 with 4874 viewsNewcyBlue

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:31 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ee up Newcy....good day yesterday, did Misses Newcy come too?

Hope not. She stayed at home...

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:36 - Mar 17 with 4871 viewsNewcyBlue

Corbyn just made I laugh on 14:23 - Mar 17 by ballycastle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

Farage believed. Believed that a second referendum would be needed in the event of the vote being 52-48

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:38 - Mar 17 with 4858 viewsNewcyBlue

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:30 - Mar 17 by Lord_Lucan

Under the European Union Referendum Act 2015 this is technically correct but the text below from the PRO REMAIN Government referendum leaflet which was sent to every house in the UK says “This is your decision. The government will implement what you decide”.

If we had won the referendum you would be sticking it down the throat of every leaver who dared to question the result. Stinks of double standards to me.

A once in a generation decision
The referendum on Thursday, 23rd June is your chance to decide
if we should remain in or leave the European Union.
The Government believes it is in the best interests of the UK
to remain in the EU.
This is the way to protect jobs, provide security, and strengthen
the UK’s economy for every family in this country — a clear path
into the future, in contrast to the uncertainty of leaving.
This is your decision. The Government will implement what
you decide.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 17:32]

Narrow remain wouldn’t have stopped Farage campaigning for another vote.

If a self serving bellend like that can, then I see no issue with a People’s Vote.

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:41 - Mar 17 with 4849 viewsNewcyBlue

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:14 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

"The referendum on Thursday, 23rd June is your chance to decide if we should remain in or leave the European Union. The Government believes it is in the best interests of the UK to remain in the EU. This is the way to protect jobs, provide security, and strengthen the UK’s economy for every family in this country — a clear path into the future, in contrast to the uncertainty of leaving. This is your decision. The Government will implement what you decide."

.....from the tax payer financed government leaflet sent to every household.

The government that promised that is no more.

As a businessman would you continue to plough money into a strategy if you knew the short term risks would put some of your lowest paid workers out of a job?

When you don’t know what the long term gain will actually be?

When you will be handing over the business to your boy in 5 years?

When you have bills that a business partner is helping out with now, funding different areas of the business in a sort of rebate fashion?

All hypothetical. I am sure as a prudent man you would say no.

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:51 - Mar 17 with 4829 viewsLord_Lucan

Corbyn just made I laugh on 17:38 - Mar 17 by NewcyBlue

Narrow remain wouldn’t have stopped Farage campaigning for another vote.

If a self serving bellend like that can, then I see no issue with a People’s Vote.

That's a possibility that I accept, but Farage is Farage, he would campaign until he is dead but that would not have made him correct.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024