Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So this might not go down too well... 10:23 - Mar 22 with 8684 viewsOwainG1992

Should Adam Johnson be aloud to play football again now he has been released from prison?
My immediate thought is no because sh*gging and grooming an underage girl is just a no no for me.
But I imagine some will say he has served his time and should be aloud. Thoughts?

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

So this might not go down too well... on 14:18 - Mar 22 with 1139 viewsitfcjoe

Presumably he is on the register now, would you be allowed to work in a football club if on it? As a large element of working around kids.

If he is able to work he should be allowed to as a footballer, but can't imagine anyone in this country will sign him and he'll end up globe trotting to try an earn a few quid.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So this might not go down too well... on 14:22 - Mar 22 with 1132 viewschristiand

Think they'd be too much comeback from those associated or outside of a club that might be interested in signing him for anything to materialise. It certainly won't be a situation where he walks straight into a club in my view. I'd be surprised if any side on these shores shows a real genuine interest, they'd be too much baggage with that signing and the implications could be more troublesome than anything else.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 14:24]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So this might not go down too well... on 14:22 - Mar 22 with 1129 viewsGeoffSentence

So this might not go down too well... on 13:43 - Mar 22 by MrTown

Pretty sure i heard him saying he'll probably have to go abroad, you get no second chances in England.

For me, big no no, don't think he should be allowed back in the public eye again.

Would he be able to?

I don't know the ins and outs of these things, and certainly not his case in particular, but if he were released early wouldn't he be released on license? And if that's right I am pretty sure that standard license conditions include staying in the UK.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So this might not go down too well... on 14:40 - Mar 22 with 1108 viewsBlueBadger

So this might not go down too well... on 11:33 - Mar 22 by hampstead_blue

He should be allowed to rehabilitate and given a fair chance to do so.

You cannot deny someone their right to work.

So, he can can go get a job on the bins or at tescos then. Just like anyone else caught abusing their position of access to vulnerable individuals.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So this might not go down too well... on 14:41 - Mar 22 with 1105 viewsBlueBadger

So this might not go down too well... on 10:42 - Mar 22 by clive_baker

A couple of things, 1) it's allowed and 2) I don't think he sh***ed her.

He should be allowed to pursue his career given he's served his time, in the same way that anyone else should if they're released from prison. Having said that, given the fact he's a convicted nonce, I would find it very difficult to support a side that he was representing.

He's going back to a career where he's got a position of access and influence over vulberable children and young people. He should be allowed to work again, just not in football.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So this might not go down too well... on 14:45 - Mar 22 with 1110 viewsBlueBadger

So this might not go down too well... on 11:37 - Mar 22 by hampstead_blue

That is a base response.

It's a valid point, expressed clumsily. He's come from a job where he's in a position of access to and influence upon potentially vulnerable young people. He's every right to go to work, just not as a professional footballer any more.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 14:50]

So this might not go down too well... on 15:51 - Mar 22 with 1079 viewsBlueBadger

So this might not go down too well... on 11:32 - Mar 22 by artsbossbeard

See, that's a better response.

Just typing the word "naïve" isn't .

I agree BUT we're now in full blown social media outrage times. He'll play again but overseas.

Call me old fashioned, but convicted paedophiles seeking employment in an field where they are highly likely to have access to vulnerable young people is probably something genuinely worth getting angry about.

So this might not go down too well... on 16:19 - Mar 22 with 1060 viewsWithnail

So this might not go down too well... on 15:51 - Mar 22 by BlueBadger

Call me old fashioned, but convicted paedophiles seeking employment in an field where they are highly likely to have access to vulnerable young people is probably something genuinely worth getting angry about.

I'm with the ball-washer on this one.

He's a nonce (Johnson) . Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near kids.
Login to get fewer ads

So this might not go down too well... on 16:22 - Mar 22 with 1055 viewsSpruceMoose

So this might not go down too well... on 16:19 - Mar 22 by Withnail

I'm with the ball-washer on this one.

He's a nonce (Johnson) . Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near kids.

I mean, this one is so obvious that even Withnail and I are on the same page.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024