Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" 19:38 - Mar 30 with 7447 viewsMullet

Pretty sure that a few things may have got lost in the Scottish drawl here and blown out of proportion.

Sounded like Lambert was entertaining Wooley's question about his record and the summer meaning he should be sacked. Not that it was imminent at all.

Felt more like a touch of José in tone to me, than anything else. Lambert may as well have said "Be careful what you wish for" and spent the night chuckling into his whiskey.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 19:40 - Mar 30 with 4801 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't think he will walk out, and I don't think Evans will sack him.

...could a change of ownership be afoot?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 19:44 - Mar 30 with 4710 viewsMullet

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 19:40 - Mar 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't think he will walk out, and I don't think Evans will sack him.

...could a change of ownership be afoot?

That'd be welcome, because let's face it for all the rhetoric and posturing, getting rid of Mick has played out exactly how the outside world said it would and the club is utterly fcuked.

The constant long before that has been Evans' ownership and approach. There's also the argument it gives PL and PR gift as he gets to play the pushed card, and go to another job with yet more extenuating circumstances since his Norwich days.

I sense the truth is somewhat duller, and he was just taking the path of not shoving Brenner's mic up his arse.

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 19:46 - Mar 30 with 4667 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 19:44 - Mar 30 by Mullet

That'd be welcome, because let's face it for all the rhetoric and posturing, getting rid of Mick has played out exactly how the outside world said it would and the club is utterly fcuked.

The constant long before that has been Evans' ownership and approach. There's also the argument it gives PL and PR gift as he gets to play the pushed card, and go to another job with yet more extenuating circumstances since his Norwich days.

I sense the truth is somewhat duller, and he was just taking the path of not shoving Brenner's mic up his arse.

I hope he stays.

I also have no regrets that Mick has gone.

I regret losing our Top 5 scorers and best CB though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:11 - Mar 30 with 4424 viewsMullet

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 19:46 - Mar 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

I hope he stays.

I also have no regrets that Mick has gone.

I regret losing our Top 5 scorers and best CB though.

It's been the worst thing to happen to us since admin, to not regret how it's turned out is baffling to me. Imagine had Lambert come in and been given half a chance to succeed with the resources Hurst was given.

We'd genuinely have our club back.

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:11 - Mar 30 with 4401 viewsfooters

Two packets of shortbread a week, no more.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:15 - Mar 30 with 4344 viewsPJH

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:11 - Mar 30 by Mullet

It's been the worst thing to happen to us since admin, to not regret how it's turned out is baffling to me. Imagine had Lambert come in and been given half a chance to succeed with the resources Hurst was given.

I thought the day that Hurst left that we were safe from relegation.
Hurst did leave us in hell of a state and the quality of his signings was very poor but I still expected anyone that knew what they were doing to get it sorted out.
PL very obviously knows what he is doing so I am surprised and disappointed that we are still where we are,I did expect PL or whoever came in to accumulate enough points but PL does not seem to be in to accumulating.
"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:19 - Mar 30 with 4305 viewsMullet

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:15 - Mar 30 by PJH

I thought the day that Hurst left that we were safe from relegation.
Hurst did leave us in hell of a state and the quality of his signings was very poor but I still expected anyone that knew what they were doing to get it sorted out.
PL very obviously knows what he is doing so I am surprised and disappointed that we are still where we are,I did expect PL or whoever came in to accumulate enough points but PL does not seem to be in to accumulating.

I think we've seen the playing out of the unchecked damage he and Doig did, and it was beyond repair. Not just in terms of the quality he sold off and failed to replace but morale, structure and that link that keeps a club together beyond the changing room.

If you look at the work Lambert has done in that context it's clear that Evans is to blame, whether people feel he deserves scorn is another matter. But this was his watch and he's had one great escape, to think they happen again just by showing up is infuriating.

I'm amazed there hasn't been greater fury towards him once people realised how wrong they'd got it.

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:25 - Mar 30 with 4234 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:11 - Mar 30 by Mullet

Why are u baffled?

No one said they don't regret how it's turned out.

I don't regret mick leaving, but I do regret his replacement selling our top scorers and best CB.

Login to get fewer ads

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:30 - Mar 30 with 4167 viewsrgp1

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:19 - Mar 30 by Mullet

I think we've seen the playing out of the unchecked damage he and Doig did, and it was beyond repair. Not just in terms of the quality he sold off and failed to replace but morale, structure and that link that keeps a club together beyond the changing room.

If you look at the work Lambert has done in that context it's clear that Evans is to blame, whether people feel he deserves scorn is another matter. But this was his watch and he's had one great escape, to think they happen again just by showing up is infuriating.

I'm amazed there hasn't been greater fury towards him once people realised how wrong they'd got it.

Lambert is a bit like Steve McQueen, he keeps escaping but gets recaptured quickly!
"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:31 - Mar 30 with 4166 viewsPJH

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:19 - Mar 30 by Mullet

I think Paul Lambert has gone a long way to repairing almost all of the damage done by Hurst but he has not repaired what should be the most important thing which is our league position.
As I said I am surprised and disappointed that that aspect has not been repaired because I do not think that it was beyond repair and I did expect anyone competent to achieve it.
Paul Lambert is very competent and I find it very difficult to be down on him at all but I think a more pragmatic on field approach would have saved us, there was one obvious person that could and almost certainly would have done that but there you go.
"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:35 - Mar 30 with 4101 viewsRyorry

That was my impression too.

Tho I imagine there've been whispers about the Scotland job, and that would be an offer too good to refuse if it happened.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:39 - Mar 30 with 4042 viewsFtnfwest

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:35 - Mar 30 by Ryorry

That was my impression too.

Tho I imagine there've been whispers about the Scotland job, and that would be an offer too good to refuse if it happened.

Ryorry look out for ticks on the dogs already. Had a couple on my cocker yesterday.... so to speak
"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:40 - Mar 30 with 4042 viewsRyorry

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:31 - Mar 30 by PJH

I think Paul Lambert has gone a long way to repairing almost all of the damage done by Hurst but he has not repaired what should be the most important thing which is our league position.
As I said I am surprised and disappointed that that aspect has not been repaired because I do not think that it was beyond repair and I did expect anyone competent to achieve it.
Paul Lambert is very competent and I find it very difficult to be down on him at all but I think a more pragmatic on field approach would have saved us, there was one obvious person that could and almost certainly would have done that but there you go.

" I think a more pragmatic on field approach would have saved us, there was one obvious person that could and almost certainly would have done that .."

Not obvious to me! (tho I do seem to miss quite a lot of things these days!)

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:40 - Mar 30 with 4030 viewsMullet

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:25 - Mar 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Why are u baffled?

No one said they don't regret how it's turned out.

I don't regret mick leaving, but I do regret his replacement selling our top scorers and best CB.

I'd rather be a decent Championship outfit still, with a competent manager who can succeed under the constraints Evans imposes.

Let's be blunt, MM wasn't the problem there was he, Evans was. Hurst and Lambert have exceeded pretty much every cause for complaint this season, but the realisation seems to have kicked in today and it's been pretty toxic across here and twitter unfortunately.

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:42 - Mar 30 with 4005 viewsIllinoisblue

EADT has the transcript - sounds like a lot of fuss over nothing

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:45 - Mar 30 with 3962 viewsPJH

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:40 - Mar 30 by Ryorry

" I think a more pragmatic on field approach would have saved us, there was one obvious person that could and almost certainly would have done that .."

Perhaps someone that could regularly take a team to somewhere like Derby, get an early or earlyish goal and hang on for a win, three points,job done.

I know that results being important seems to be becoming old fashioned when compared with entertainment and possession etc but it seems that league placings still seem to be determined by results.
"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:46 - Mar 30 with 3951 viewsMullet

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:30 - Mar 30 by rgp1

Lambert is a bit like Steve McQueen, he keeps escaping but gets recaptured quickly!

That did make me chuckle, although I feel nothing but sorry for Lambert. He must wonder if it's him when it clearly isn't.

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:48 - Mar 30 with 3899 viewsRyorry

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:45 - Mar 30 by PJH

Perhaps someone that could regularly take a team to somewhere like Derby, get an early or earlyish goal and hang on for a win, three points,job done.

I know that results being important seems to be becoming old fashioned when compared with entertainment and possession etc but it seems that league placings still seem to be determined by results.

That doesn't square with what you said about one obvious person "on the field".

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:50 - Mar 30 with 3873 viewsrgp1

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:46 - Mar 30 by Mullet

That did make me chuckle, although I feel nothing but sorry for Lambert. He must wonder if it's him when it clearly isn't.

"Hilts" cooler 20 days'
"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:51 - Mar 30 with 3857 viewsRyorry

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:39 - Mar 30 by Ftnfwest

Ryorry look out for ticks on the dogs already. Had a couple on my cocker yesterday.... so to speak

I do check him over every time we get back from a walk, not least because he picks up prickly undergrowth which sticks to his coat like velcro whilst he goes galumphing about! but thanks for the alert :)

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:52 - Mar 30 with 3853 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:40 - Mar 30 by Mullet

I'd rather be a decent Championship outfit still, with a competent manager who can succeed under the constraints Evans imposes.

Let's be blunt, MM wasn't the problem there was he, Evans was. Hurst and Lambert have exceeded pretty much every cause for complaint this season, but the realisation seems to have kicked in today and it's been pretty toxic across here and twitter unfortunately.

It was toxic, MM had lost something like 5 of his last 6 matches.

Who's to say he wouldn't have struggled this season.

It is what it is, not point crying over spilt milk.

Let's get behind the lads and look to next season.

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:52 - Mar 30 with 3847 viewsPJH

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:48 - Mar 30 by Ryorry

That doesn't square with what you said about one obvious person "on the field".

I meant PL's onfield approach as to how he sets up for games based on passing and entertaining when what was really needed these last few months was accumulation of points-as I have said many times, it does not matter in the least to me how those points are accumulated.
"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:53 - Mar 30 with 3840 viewsSuperblue95

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:40 - Mar 30 by Ryorry

I don’t regret us getting rid of Mick but I do think he would have kept us up if he had been the person to come in when Lambert did (hypothetical and ignoring his past stint with us obviously). Plenty of managers would have done.

Lambert hasn’t. He didn’t even come close.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:54 - Mar 30 with 3822 viewsPJH

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:52 - Mar 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

It was toxic, MM had lost something like 5 of his last 6 matches.

Who's to say he wouldn't have struggled this season.

It is what it is, not point crying over spilt milk.

Let's get behind the lads and look to next season.

Certainly it is good that not one of those idiots that verbally abused our manager and players last season no longer go to games, it is so much better without them.
"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:56 - Mar 30 with 3806 viewsRyorry

"As long as the club wants me here next season..... whoever is here" on 20:52 - Mar 30 by PJH

I meant PL's onfield approach as to how he sets up for games based on passing and entertaining when what was really needed these last few months was accumulation of points-as I have said many times, it does not matter in the least to me how those points are accumulated.

Oh I see.

I agree with MM - ie Marshall's Mullet! on this I'm afraid - ie what he just posted on this thread.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024