Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested 10:46 - Apr 11 with 4287 viewsMJallday

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6911187/Wikileaks-founder-Julian-Assang

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 10:55 - Apr 11 with 3336 viewsPendejo

In their embassy since 2012 was it? Victim of the 7 year itch.

Extraordinary rendition awaits I imagine.

From BBC
"Ecuador's president Lenin Moreno said it withdrew Mr Assange's asylum after his repeated violations to international conventions."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47891737

WTF does that mean?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 10:57 - Apr 11 with 3322 viewshampstead_blue

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 10:55 - Apr 11 by Pendejo

From BBC
"Ecuador's president Lenin Moreno said it withdrew Mr Assange's asylum after his repeated violations to international conventions."

WTF does that mean?

VAR said he was offside.

In short, who knows.
Did he repeatedly burn the toast? Fail to put the loo seat down? Not make his bed?

Could be anything. No-one is going to challenge Ecuador. JA is having a cup of Karma in nick.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:02 - Apr 11 with 3304 viewschicoazul

Good.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:04 - Apr 11 with 3301 viewsMJallday

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 10:57 - Apr 11 by hampstead_blue

VAR said he was offside.

In short, who knows.
Did he repeatedly burn the toast? Fail to put the loo seat down? Not make his bed?

Could be anything. No-one is going to challenge Ecuador. JA is having a cup of Karma in nick.

not flushing the loo after a jobbie?

if i do that in this house it certainly causes a diplomatic incident.

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:10 - Apr 11 with 3278 viewsElderGrizzly

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 10:55 - Apr 11 by Pendejo

From BBC

WTF does that mean?

Wikileaks/Assange threatened the Ecuadorian President and Government with blackmail in the last few days.
Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:12 - Apr 11 with 3262 viewsMJallday

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:10 - Apr 11 by ElderGrizzly

Wikileaks/Assange threatened the Ecuadorian President and Government with blackmail in the last few days.

ever heard the phrase "never bite the hand that feeds you"

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:14 - Apr 11 with 3254 viewsMJallday

ive just watched the video (link in OP) - it looks like he was literally dragged out

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:15 - Apr 11 with 3252 viewsElderGrizzly

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:12 - Apr 11 by MJallday

ever heard the phrase "never bite the hand that feeds you"

Wikileaks believes it is above the law, so not a surprise.

I’d almost go as far as he has been trying to get arrested with his actions over the last few months.

Security services linking his mobile use to Wikileaks activity too, which was in contravention of his asylum conditions. He refused Ecuadorian internet provision as he assumed he was being spied on if he used it
Login to get fewer ads

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:17 - Apr 11 with 3255 viewsElderGrizzly

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:14 - Apr 11 by MJallday

ive just watched the video (link in OP) - it looks like he was literally dragged out

He’s a nasty piece of work. I can’t imagine he was ever going to stroll out and it also serves his image as being the victim here.

He’s not. His actions have put the lives of our and our allies troops and security services at risk
Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:22 - Apr 11 with 3238 viewsMJallday

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:17 - Apr 11 by ElderGrizzly

He’s a nasty piece of work. I can’t imagine he was ever going to stroll out and it also serves his image as being the victim here.

He’s not. His actions have put the lives of our and our allies troops and security services at risk

you're right - ultimately he's presided over the publication of secure information which put people at risk. he would claim he's a truth speaker.

But as they say, one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

that aside, he's also fighting the allegations in sweden. if those allegations are true, that (for me) would be the worse of the things he has (or hasnt) commited.

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:46 - Apr 11 with 3201 viewsXYZ

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:22 - Apr 11 by MJallday

you're right - ultimately he's presided over the publication of secure information which put people at risk. he would claim he's a truth speaker.

But as they say, one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

that aside, he's also fighting the allegations in sweden. if those allegations are true, that (for me) would be the worse of the things he has (or hasnt) commited.

The Swedish charges were dropped a few years ago. Sweden won't seek his extradition. The UK charge is skipping bail on the Swedish extradition request, which endures even though the charges no longer exist.

Unfortunately for him the US/ UK extradition treaty has next to no protection for someone (anyone) in the UK that the US want.
Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:53 - Apr 11 with 3187 viewsElderGrizzly

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:46 - Apr 11 by XYZ

The Swedish charges were dropped a few years ago. Sweden won't seek his extradition. The UK charge is skipping bail on the Swedish extradition request, which endures even though the charges no longer exist.

Unfortunately for him the US/ UK extradition treaty has next to no protection for someone (anyone) in the UK that the US want.

But we’ve ‘promised’ the Ecuadorians we won’t extradite to a country with the death penalty
Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:57 - Apr 11 with 3169 viewsXYZ

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:53 - Apr 11 by ElderGrizzly

But we’ve ‘promised’ the Ecuadorians we won’t extradite to a country with the death penalty

We also have Sajid Javid as Home Sec.
Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 12:01 - Apr 11 with 3157 viewsRyorry

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:04 - Apr 11 by MJallday

not flushing the loo after a jobbie?

if i do that in this house it certainly causes a diplomatic incident.

I always said the Ecuadorian Embassy should have had an ex tractor fan in their bathroom ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 12:03 - Apr 11 with 3157 viewsfooters

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 11:53 - Apr 11 by ElderGrizzly

You seem to be taking a little joy in this, EG. Which is a biy grim really.

We all know what's going to happen next. And it probably involves an airfield in Kazakhstan.

If people like Assange don't highlight what the powers that be are doing, we'd be none the wiser. A shame it's come to this.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 12:09 - Apr 11 with 3136 viewsGuthrum

Not quite. We've promised (in line with EU rules) that we won't extradite him to face the death penalty or torture.

Lauri Love, the hacker, escaped extradition on appeal in 2018 because the court ruled that, given his mental state, the solitary confinement he was likely to receive in US custody amounted to torture.

Gary McKinnon, another hacker, had his extradition blocked by Home Secretary Theresa May in 2012 after lengthy legal process.

It's not a forgone conclusion. Maximum sentence for jumping bail is 3 months (magistrates court) to a year (crown court), often much less. But he's unlikely to get bail in the future if the US does apply for extradition.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 12:13 - Apr 11 with 3129 viewshampstead_blue

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 12:03 - Apr 11 by footers

We all know what's going to happen next. And it probably involves an airfield in Kazakhstan.

If people like Assange don't highlight what the powers that be are doing, we'd be none the wiser. A shame it's come to this.

I agree with the sentiment. It's so hard to balance 100% and transparent against the public good.
A huge moral dilemma.

Wiki leaks put the armed forces in grave danger. For that he's a wrong 'un. The moral idea of accountability for governments is correct. I read the book about the NSA leaks and also the Panama Papers. Both of which show governments and officials up to their necks in corruption and filth.

I do like the caption where it says 'he was led out of the embassy', dragged more like.

Also the last photo has a copper with a rather broad grin on his face.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 12:13 - Apr 11 with 3130 viewsGuthrum

It's possible to highlight what people are up to without publishing masses of unredacted and unedited data which might potentially put people at risk.

He's also been very selective about whose data he has published. Nothing from Russia or China.

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 13:02 - Apr 11 with 3076 viewsElderGrizzly

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 12:09 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

Not quite. We've promised (in line with EU rules) that we won't extradite him to face the death penalty or torture.

Lauri Love, the hacker, escaped extradition on appeal in 2018 because the court ruled that, given his mental state, the solitary confinement he was likely to receive in US custody amounted to torture.

Gary McKinnon, another hacker, had his extradition blocked by Home Secretary Theresa May in 2012 after lengthy legal process.

It's not a forgone conclusion. Maximum sentence for jumping bail is 3 months (magistrates court) to a year (crown court), often much less. But he's unlikely to get bail in the future if the US does apply for extradition.

They were the words used by the Ecuadorian President. Maybe we’ve been clever with the wording

He’s just been rearrested on behalf of the USA, with the view to extradite to face charges over there.

Warrant is from Dec 2017.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 13:03]
Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 13:05 - Apr 11 with 3067 viewsElderGrizzly

Not joy, but what he and his company did made the job of friends, colleagues and allies a lot more difficult and dangerous.

There are other ways of doing what he has done and i’m all for highlighting wrong doing. Just not when it endangers others.
Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 13:28 - Apr 11 with 2991 viewshampstead_blue

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 12:13 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

It's possible to highlight what people are up to without publishing masses of unredacted and unedited data which might potentially put people at risk.

He's also been very selective about whose data he has published. Nothing from Russia or China.

World at One called him a 'rather useful idiot' or that he was lightly used by the GRU during the US election.

I guess that's probably why he relented on embarrassing Russia.
Also Putin does assassination which is another reason to be fearful

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 13:31 - Apr 11 with 2983 viewsGuthrum

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 13:02 - Apr 11 by ElderGrizzly

They were the words used by the Ecuadorian President. Maybe we’ve been clever with the wording

He’s just been rearrested on behalf of the USA, with the view to extradite to face charges over there.

Warrant is from Dec 2017.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 13:03]

Unsurprising the US want to extradite. Be interesting to see how that goes.

second para... badabing (n/t) on 13:37 - Apr 11 with 2974 viewsDyland

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 12:13 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 14:04 - Apr 11 with 2939 viewsMJallday

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 13:31 - Apr 11 by Guthrum

Unsurprising the US want to extradite. Be interesting to see how that goes.

Quickly I would have thought

Didn’t know the sweedish thing had been dropped

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 14:33 - Apr 11 with 2900 viewsGuthrum

Breaking (not hereford) news : Assange Arrested on 14:04 - Apr 11 by MJallday

Quickly I would have thought

Didn’t know the sweedish thing had been dropped

Doubt it'll be quick at all. Even if it's approved at the first stage, there are possible appeals all the way up to the Home Secretary.

Yes, the only outstanding issue is him having jumped bail (an imprisonable offence itself).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024