Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter 12:20 - Apr 17 with 1110 viewsGeoffSentence

but because it is a general election and they get a day off ot vote.

What a terrific idea, that's one way of getting turnout up.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 12:24 - Apr 17 with 1099 viewsitfcjoe

I used to have that at primary school but think it was just because it was a polling station

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 12:26 - Apr 17 with 1087 viewsGeoffSentence

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 12:24 - Apr 17 by itfcjoe

I used to have that at primary school but think it was just because it was a polling station

same here. I loved the period of political unstability in the early 70s because we kept getting days off.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 13:15 - Apr 17 with 1030 viewsSWGF

Voting is compulsory in Australia, I believe.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:06 - Apr 17 with 974 viewspickles110564

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 13:15 - Apr 17 by SWGF

Voting is compulsory in Australia, I believe.

If that was the same here the raving Looney Party would sweep to power.
My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:09 - Apr 17 with 973 viewsJ2BLUE

They'll never do that here. God forbid we put anything above the economy for a day.

Anyone seen the Chinese billionaire arguing for a 12 hour day, six day working week?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:33 - Apr 17 with 948 viewspickles110564

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:09 - Apr 17 by J2BLUE

They'll never do that here. God forbid we put anything above the economy for a day.

Anyone seen the Chinese billionaire arguing for a 12 hour day, six day working week?

In the early part of my career 16 hour shifts 6 or 7 days a week were part and parcel of getting me to where I needed to be.
Was not great and spending time with my children suffered but they will reap the benefits later on.
My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:40 - Apr 17 with 930 viewsMattinLondon

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:33 - Apr 17 by pickles110564

In the early part of my career 16 hour shifts 6 or 7 days a week were part and parcel of getting me to where I needed to be.
Was not great and spending time with my children suffered but they will reap the benefits later on.

Unfortunately you miss your children growing up
Which is a massive sacrifice to make.
My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:40 - Apr 17 with 929 viewsJ2BLUE

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:33 - Apr 17 by pickles110564

This is quite a personal question but as you brought it up...

Do you think your kids would have preferred some extra quality time with their dad or a few extra thousand when they get their inheritance?

For you, was the extra money worth the sacrifice?

Gone off at a bit of a tangent here. My point was really that we're now so terrified of the economy/stock market 'cooling off' that it's now prioritised over virtually everything. The Chinese billionaire isn't suggesting that for the good of the Chinese workers is he?

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:45 - Apr 17 with 926 viewsWD19

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:09 - Apr 17 by J2BLUE

Got chatting to a cabbie in Dubai recently....

Nice bloke. Well spoken. Works 12 hour shifts 365 days a year. Has to pay a fine if he is ever sick.

Shares the car with a partner so it runs 24/7. It has clocked up nearing 800k in less than 4 years.

What a world......
My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:51 - Apr 17 with 915 viewspickles110564

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:40 - Apr 17 by J2BLUE

This is quite a personal question but as you brought it up...

Do you think your kids would have preferred some extra quality time with their dad or a few extra thousand when they get their inheritance?

For you, was the extra money worth the sacrifice?

Gone off at a bit of a tangent here. My point was really that we're now so terrified of the economy/stock market 'cooling off' that it's now prioritised over virtually everything. The Chinese billionaire isn't suggesting that for the good of the Chinese workers is he?

We were able to have some great family holidays so they gained there as would not have been able to afford without putting the hours in.
Was the extra money worth it to what I gave up, I will never know.
My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:54 - Apr 17 with 904 viewsJ2BLUE

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 14:51 - Apr 17 by pickles110564

We were able to have some great family holidays so they gained there as would not have been able to afford without putting the hours in.
Was the extra money worth it to what I gave up, I will never know.

You could have taken them to the park. Or to the beach. Etc.

Not having a go, or saying you are wrong. There's no right answer here. Different people have different priorities.

Truly impaired.

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 16:27 - Apr 17 with 839 viewsfactual_blue

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 12:26 - Apr 17 by GeoffSentence

same here. I loved the period of political unstability in the early 70s because we kept getting days off.

The election on 18 June 1970 didn't stop O levels though (Maths. I passed).

Factual Senior worked the following Saturday & Sunday to install the hot line into Ted Heath's flat in The Albany.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

My Indian colleagues are all off work on Friday - not for Easter on 16:49 - Apr 17 with 821 viewsSarge

It’s also not necessary here. I imagine in India queuing to vote takes all day given the massive numbers of people and the primitive way some votes are held there. Here you don’t need to go to the polling booth at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024