Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich City promoted on a budget 19:30 - Apr 29 with 9455 viewsbournemouthblue

They are slightly rewriting history here

They spent about £15 million last season on transfer fees and around £5 million this season

Granted they have recouped those fees in sales but to say they have done this on the cheap is a little misleading

Fair play, they have built a decent side but it certainly isn't quite a Sheffield United scenario

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:31 - Apr 29 with 6444 viewsSpruceMoose

Plucky Norwich, plucky Bournemouth, plucky Fulham yadda yadda the media love a rags to riches story even when there were no rags to begin with!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:34 - Apr 29 with 6419 viewsstrikalite

Damn lucky to have got huge money for Maddison which covered it...
Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:38 - Apr 29 with 6385 viewschristiand

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:34 - Apr 29 by strikalite

Yes, but as we all know that needs to be reinvested wisely. Unfortunately, that's something we don't do.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:39 - Apr 29 with 6378 viewsgiant_stow

Very odd take on it. No idea how accurate this link is but I think it proves a point even if way out: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/norwich-city/transfers/verein/1123

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:41 - Apr 29 with 6359 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:34 - Apr 29 by strikalite

That's weird too, unless you're joshing. Leicester got a bargain!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:46 - Apr 29 with 6315 viewsfactual_blue

I think it's worth pointing out every club will have a budget. Being 'on a budget' isn't the same 'having no money'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:49 - Apr 29 with 6293 viewsstrikalite

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:41 - Apr 29 by giant_stow

That's weird too, unless you're joshing. Leicester got a bargain!

Ah talking of Josh, you got £11m for him too!

Done very well has Maddison yeah, we'd have got about £3m...
Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:51 - Apr 29 with 6285 viewsMullet

Their wage bills tell a very different story too. I had one last season explaining to me "yeah but those players didn't play in the Championship" in reference to all the Naismiths and the like draining parachute payments.

They're another club whose fans are utterly deluded when it comes to the reality of this division being swamped with money and another handful of teams spending it to keep up.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:53 - Apr 29 with 6267 viewsFtnfwest

Add in the extra £20m a year on player wages (compared to us) and hey presto. They’ve done well, let’s be fair, but are still one of the higher spenders overall in the championship. Of course for the media the only teams that exist in the championship are Leeds, villa, West Brom and derby so they must be a bit shocked.
Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:54 - Apr 29 with 6254 viewsFtnfwest

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:51 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Their wage bills tell a very different story too. I had one last season explaining to me "yeah but those players didn't play in the Championship" in reference to all the Naismiths and the like draining parachute payments.

They're another club whose fans are utterly deluded when it comes to the reality of this division being swamped with money and another handful of teams spending it to keep up.

Beat me to it Mullers
Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:56 - Apr 29 with 6232 viewsFtnfwest

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:39 - Apr 29 by giant_stow

Very odd take on it. No idea how accurate this link is but I think it proves a point even if way out: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/norwich-city/transfers/verein/1123

87.5% foreigners? Wow
Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:05 - Apr 29 with 6184 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:56 - Apr 29 by Ftnfwest

87.5% foreigners? Wow

That we signed? Norwich an international cosmopolitan City..
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 20:09]

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:09 - Apr 29 with 6145 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:05 - Apr 29 by giant_stow

Yet with an oddly tiny gene pool...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:09 - Apr 29 with 6154 viewsFtnfwest

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:05 - Apr 29 by giant_stow

It says 21 out of a squad of 24. Jordan Rhodes is of course so cosmopolitan that he’s suddenly scotch because he went to school there for a while. But there we are, he’s therefore counts as foreign..
Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:11 - Apr 29 with 6133 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:09 - Apr 29 by SpruceMoose

Yet with an oddly tiny gene pool...

Maybe that explains bringing in lots of foreign young men - two fer!

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:15 - Apr 29 with 6106 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 19:51 - Apr 29 by Mullet

This may not be the right time to point this out, but even if you're right on the wages*, any money spent is completely self generated. In this league, that's pretty incredible given the wealth of some of the owners, including yours.

*where you getting that info?

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:19 - Apr 29 with 6048 viewsMullet

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:15 - Apr 29 by giant_stow

This may not be the right time to point this out, but even if you're right on the wages*, any money spent is completely self generated. In this league, that's pretty incredible given the wealth of some of the owners, including yours.

Parachute payments are not self-generated, they are the spoils of failure from the cartel at the top of the game.

They've been a big fat buffer for clubs for years and are getting worse. Just look at Bolton and Villa as a comparisons to you lot.

I don't begrudge any team finishing where they do, because those are the rules of the game. But financial doping is so encouraged and excused by Sky that fans are totally complicit in making the problem worse.

Just look at the graphic with "Tim Krul - Free" on it at the bottom of your signings for example. The idea he's not on a hefty wedge for a keeper let alone a player in this league, wasn't given a massive signing on fee etc. is all glossed over by that snappy little image.

He's one of hundreds over the years at several clubs.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:22 - Apr 29 with 6030 viewsSuffolktractor

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:15 - Apr 29 by giant_stow

You are being bankrolled by repeated failure in the Premier league. We are being bank rolled to a hugely lesser degree by our owner.
Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:25 - Apr 29 with 6000 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:19 - Apr 29 by Mullet

Parachute payments are not self-generated, they are the spoils of failure from the cartel at the top of the game.

They've been a big fat buffer for clubs for years and are getting worse. Just look at Bolton and Villa as a comparisons to you lot.

I don't begrudge any team finishing where they do, because those are the rules of the game. But financial doping is so encouraged and excused by Sky that fans are totally complicit in making the problem worse.

Just look at the graphic with "Tim Krul - Free" on it at the bottom of your signings for example. The idea he's not on a hefty wedge for a keeper let alone a player in this league, wasn't given a massive signing on fee etc. is all glossed over by that snappy little image.

I do have sympathy on financial doping as you call it. There must be a better way of running things, but the parachute money ran out the year before in any case - no madison £20m, no club possibly.

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:26 - Apr 29 with 5973 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:25 - Apr 29 by giant_stow

I do have sympathy on financial doping as you call it. There must be a better way of running things, but the parachute money ran out the year before in any case - no madison £20m, no club possibly.

Shame eh? We were so close to you having to burn another stand down.

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:28 - Apr 29 with 5964 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:22 - Apr 29 by Suffolktractor

You are being bankrolled by repeated failure in the Premier league. We are being bank rolled to a hugely lesser degree by our owner.

Repeated success followed by repeated failure thank you very much! All achieved (or fcked) by dint of sporting results and the governing rules. There's really no comparison with that and the likes of wolves buying their way up.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 20:36]

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:30 - Apr 29 with 5941 viewsSpruceMoose

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:28 - Apr 29 by giant_stow

Repeated success followed by repeated failure thank you very much! All achieved (or fcked) by dint of sporting results and the governing rules. There's really no comparison with that and the likes of wolves buying their way up.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 20:36]

Ah, the tales we love to tell about ourselves. Funny how they always tend to paint us in the best possible light.

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:34 - Apr 29 with 5901 viewsgiant_stow

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:30 - Apr 29 by SpruceMoose

Ah, the tales we love to tell about ourselves. Funny how they always tend to paint us in the best possible light.

It's not *my*success old fella. Sadly.

Anyway, what's inaccurate about that post?

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 21:34 - Apr 29 with 5643 viewsbraveblue

How much did they bring in?
Norwich City promoted on a budget on 22:51 - Apr 29 with 5326 viewsbournemouthblue

Norwich City promoted on a budget on 20:19 - Apr 29 by Mullet

I believe the loan fee for Rhodes was something like £3 million also for example

Lots of hidden costs in there

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024