Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GOT with spoilers 21:52 - Apr 29 with 36727 viewsCoastalblue

One of their epic episodes, but I felt a little deflated by it, it was more a case of who rather than if the way the entire episode went, I did expect more casaulties though I must admit.

It was a little painting by numbers at the end, everybody about to die and then....
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 22:21]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

GOT with spoilers on 23:48 - May 20 with 3676 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT with spoilers on 23:32 - May 20 by Tractorboy24

I think I’d have been happier with pretty much any other option other than Bran ending up on the throne. I felt least invested in his character than any of the others.

"Why do you think I came all this way?"

...what? He knew?!?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

GOT with spoilers on 07:36 - May 21 with 3586 viewsCoastalblue

Underwhelmed.

Didn't hate it, thought it was actually better than much os the rest of this season but definitely underwhelmed.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

GOT with spoilers on 07:53 - May 21 with 3573 viewsshady

GOT with spoilers on 23:48 - May 20 by J2BLUE

...what? He knew?!?

Two weeks ago odds on Bran winning tumbled to 2/5
So was known then he'd win
GOT with spoilers on 08:01 - May 21 with 3566 viewsshady

Just for fun how about the Brexit analogy:

House Stark asks for the other Kingdoms help to repel the White Walkers
and wins.
Then this grand coalition takes on Cersei.

Sansa sees her little brother take the reins of power and in a hissy fit of Jealousy
she Brexits.
House Stark retains independence and gets the top seat on the main board!
GOT with spoilers on 08:07 - May 21 with 3562 viewsBiGDonnie

Seriously disappointed with the last episode. I'd enjoyed season 8 until last night. Felt like I'd wasted 7 years watching it.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

GOT with spoilers on 08:10 - May 21 with 3559 viewsbritbiker

I enjoyed it. It would have been too easy to add another huge twist such as having John Snow executed.

How hot was Sofie Turner at the end. See sge is in the new x men film.

I think it was stated on this forum that Kit Harrington attended an Ipswich game with Ed Sheeren. If so does that mean a tractor boy killed the dragon queen?
GOT with spoilers on 08:12 - May 21 with 3556 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 20:50 - May 20 by J2BLUE

I have loved this season. Others have criticised it but I have loved it. I can't defend that ending though. Really gutted.

My biggest problems

1) Why is there a Night's Watch? There is no threat. Why not banish people or have them serve in the army instead?

2) Bran. FFS. He has had all the charisma of a baked potato this season. Also a northerner on the throne when the north becomes independent? What the fook?

3) Grey Worm calling the lords together and accepting their judgement. Seemed random and against his nature.

4) When Tyrion was asked for his opinion it was set up for Jon. It would have been a much more satisfying and deserved ending for me if Jon was king.

5) Just nit picking here but Jon was made to remove his weapons when visiting Tyrion but could walk up to Dany with his sword and dagger?

Just really disappointed. I just wanted it to end with 20 mins left. Never thought I would say that.

Feel like sending Jon to the wall was basically taking advantage of Greyworm's lack of knowledge of the north. He thought he was going to go to a prison or something.

Think it's important to remember Greyworm was basically a child in an adult's body, once Dany was dead he was like when my laptop beachballs. Just didnt know what to do as his Mummy was dead so putting everyone in prison for now seemed the best idea maybe?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

GOT with spoilers on 08:14 - May 21 with 3552 viewschicoazul

GOT with spoilers on 08:10 - May 21 by britbiker

I enjoyed it. It would have been too easy to add another huge twist such as having John Snow executed.

How hot was Sofie Turner at the end. See sge is in the new x men film.

I think it was stated on this forum that Kit Harrington attended an Ipswich game with Ed Sheeren. If so does that mean a tractor boy killed the dragon queen?

I found the camera leering at her chest at the very end distasteful.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

GOT with spoilers on 09:58 - May 21 with 3511 viewsflimflam

GOT with spoilers on 22:27 - May 20 by SE1blue

The bookies called it though.

They always know.

Spoilers were leaked almost a yr ago for every episode of season 8 and they were all spot on apparently.

Not sure the bookies called it but covered their backsides.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

GOT with spoilers on 12:11 - May 21 with 3448 viewsbritbiker

GOT with spoilers on 08:14 - May 21 by chicoazul

I found the camera leering at her chest at the very end distasteful.

I thought they were just promoting the dress and jewellery makers. Maybe im not perverted enough.
GOT with spoilers on 18:42 - May 21 with 3365 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’ve figured out what was wrong with the final episode.

Episode 5 should have been half hour longer and included Dany’s death. Then episode 6 could have been one long episode about what happened next. That way we could have seen a grey Worm confronting Jon at the scene, the great houses laying siege to Kings Landing before a truce that led to the conference to appoint a king, Bronn becoming master of Coin rather than it happening off screen etc.

Dany’s death would have been far more dramatic if it came at the end of an episode and the finale would have have more character interaction.

Edit. I just noticed that the very last scene was a copy of the very first scene in season 1 episode 1.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 18:59]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

GOT with spoilers on 19:05 - May 21 with 3347 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT with spoilers on 18:42 - May 21 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve figured out what was wrong with the final episode.

Episode 5 should have been half hour longer and included Dany’s death. Then episode 6 could have been one long episode about what happened next. That way we could have seen a grey Worm confronting Jon at the scene, the great houses laying siege to Kings Landing before a truce that led to the conference to appoint a king, Bronn becoming master of Coin rather than it happening off screen etc.

Dany’s death would have been far more dramatic if it came at the end of an episode and the finale would have have more character interaction.

Edit. I just noticed that the very last scene was a copy of the very first scene in season 1 episode 1.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 18:59]

I’m trying to like it I really am but I can’t.

Dorne have never liked bending the knee to the Iron Throne. Neither have the Ironborn. Winterfell was allowed to walk away and they didn’t want the same.

Another issue was that they had been fighting over the throne for 8 seasons and when Bran was nominated Robin just shrugged and said aye. This saga lost him both parents. The Knights of the Vale went to the aid of Winterfell and he just bloody shrugs. Bran was such a bad choice. There were so many better ways to end it. The more I think about it the more disappointed I am.

Truly impaired.

GOT with spoilers on 19:18 - May 21 with 3334 viewsGlasgowBlue

GOT with spoilers on 19:05 - May 21 by J2BLUE

Dorne have never liked bending the knee to the Iron Throne. Neither have the Ironborn. Winterfell was allowed to walk away and they didn’t want the same.

Another issue was that they had been fighting over the throne for 8 seasons and when Bran was nominated Robin just shrugged and said aye. This saga lost him both parents. The Knights of the Vale went to the aid of Winterfell and he just bloody shrugs. Bran was such a bad choice. There were so many better ways to end it. The more I think about it the more disappointed I am.

I would add that if Season 8 was a football season then I'd vote for Peter Dinkage for Player of the Season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

GOT with spoilers on 19:19 - May 21 with 3333 viewsHerbivore

GOT with spoilers on 19:05 - May 21 by J2BLUE

I also liked how Sansa said the North wouldn't bend their knee to the king when the king is a Stark and Lord of Winterfell. None of it made much sense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

GOT with spoilers on 20:34 - May 21 with 3285 viewsflimflam

GOT with spoilers on 19:19 - May 21 by Herbivore

I also liked how Sansa said the North wouldn't bend their knee to the king when the king is a Stark and Lord of Winterfell. None of it made much sense.

But why would you put a Stark in charge of the 6 kingdoms when their house declared themselves as independent and outside of the kings rule?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

GOT with spoilers on 21:09 - May 21 with 3253 viewsJ2BLUE

I thought that to start with but with the new election system the Starks could be bending the knee to another house. I can see why Sansa went for it. I can't see why Dorne didn't declare independence

I felt there could have been a really powerful scene with Jon/Gendry or Tyrion crowned. A real sign of change. Jon's story arc is irritating me more than anything. That and how after all those lives were lost, all that time, all that terror the crown was randomly handed to Bran. I like Bronn but making him Lord of Highgarden and Master of Coin was pushing it too far. For a show with dragons, magic and the army of the dead that still felt unrealistic.

Why did Sansa not immediately pardon Jon as soon as he hit northern territory? Grey Worm was gone and who was going to do anything about it? He could have been made hand of the queen.

The whole ending just felt like a travesty. Like the first 72 episodes were the true show and that was an episode filmed for Comic Relief or something.

Credit where it's due, I did like:

> Brienne as, I assume, Lady Commander of the Kingsguard
> Cersei dying in the way she did. I thought it was perfect
> Sansa becoming queen
> The Clegane Bowl

Truly impaired.

GOT with spoilers on 21:36 - May 21 with 3235 viewsCoastalblue

GOT with spoilers on 21:09 - May 21 by J2BLUE

I thought that to start with but with the new election system the Starks could be bending the knee to another house. I can see why Sansa went for it. I can't see why Dorne didn't declare independence

I felt there could have been a really powerful scene with Jon/Gendry or Tyrion crowned. A real sign of change. Jon's story arc is irritating me more than anything. That and how after all those lives were lost, all that time, all that terror the crown was randomly handed to Bran. I like Bronn but making him Lord of Highgarden and Master of Coin was pushing it too far. For a show with dragons, magic and the army of the dead that still felt unrealistic.

Why did Sansa not immediately pardon Jon as soon as he hit northern territory? Grey Worm was gone and who was going to do anything about it? He could have been made hand of the queen.

The whole ending just felt like a travesty. Like the first 72 episodes were the true show and that was an episode filmed for Comic Relief or something.

Credit where it's due, I did like:

> Brienne as, I assume, Lady Commander of the Kingsguard
> Cersei dying in the way she did. I thought it was perfect
> Sansa becoming queen
> The Clegane Bowl

I think you're maybe missing the point that Jon got exactly what he wanted in the end? To live in the North as he wishes without all the politics and crap that comes with being South of the wall.

The moment that jarred most with me was Tyrion suggesting they elect a King or Queen who would then decide what was to happen with Jon and Greyworm just saying "OK, go on then"

I did enjoy whatsisface Tulley's grab for power though, that made me smile.

GOT with spoilers on 23:04 - May 21 with 3177 viewsHerbivore

GOT with spoilers on 21:36 - May 21 by Coastalblue

I think you're maybe missing the point that Jon got exactly what he wanted in the end? To live in the North as he wishes without all the politics and crap that comes with being South of the wall.

The moment that jarred most with me was Tyrion suggesting they elect a King or Queen who would then decide what was to happen with Jon and Greyworm just saying "OK, go on then"

Tyrion coming out of his cell and basically dictating the future of Westeros was pretty unbelievable and yet was far from being the least credible thing that happened in the episode.

GOT with spoilers on 23:07 - May 21 with 3176 viewsJ2BLUE

GOT with spoilers on 21:36 - May 21 by Coastalblue

No I get that. He told Tormund he wished he was going with him when he was heading to King's Landing. Just to me it felt hollow. Wouldn't have been so bad if Gendry had ended up on the throne.

Truly impaired.

GOT with spoilers on 23:12 - May 21 with 3167 viewsHerbivore

GOT with spoilers on 23:07 - May 21 by J2BLUE

No I get that. He told Tormund he wished he was going with him when he was heading to King's Landing. Just to me it felt hollow. Wouldn't have been so bad if Gendry had ended up on the throne.

Tormund and the wildlings who had randomly decided to hang out at Castle Black for 6 months despite being pretty adamant they were heading back North of the wall when they left Winterfell. It just made no sense, any of it.

GOT with spoilers on 23:53 - May 21 with 3149 viewscatch74

GOT with spoilers on 23:48 - May 20 by J2BLUE

...what? He knew?!?

Did he control everything, the night king, Drogon etc

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

GOT with spoilers on 11:14 - May 22 with 3063 viewsBlueNomad

I thought that the physical destruction of the throne, and the selection of Brann (who could not leave an heir) was an indication that, in effect, the kingdoms (apart from The North) had become a republic. To me that would make sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024