Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is a light and it never goes out chant? 13:14 - May 6 with 8578 viewsBlackboots

Best banner I’ve ever seen at PR. Well done to those who had the idea and then made it. It looked fantastic.

The lyrics are sung on a loop at the end of the song. It’d be great if those 9 words were sung as “our” chant next season in much the same way as Man City had their “we’re not really here” song when they were in the third division (that they still sing now).

edited as lyrics at the end of the song are “and it” not “that”
[Post edited 7 May 2019 9:38]

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:17 - May 6 with 8403 viewshorsehollerer

Agreed. In fact, why not sing the whole chorus followed by the "there is a light..." repeated line.
It's the same message as "Ipswich till I die" but more sophisticated and it'd be unique to us.

For all you youguns:

If a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
The pleasure, the privilege, is mine

There is a light that never goes out (x 1,000)

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:22 - May 6 with 8379 viewsbrogansnose

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:17 - May 6 by horsehollerer

Agreed. In fact, why not sing the whole chorus followed by the "there is a light..." repeated line.
It's the same message as "Ipswich till I die" but more sophisticated and it'd be unique to us.

For all you youguns:

If a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side

I would hope that this is a go-er next season. I don't get why all songs have to be specifically football related. I've always wanted to sing ' I can't give you anything, but my love' Philly Soul style. Might just do that too.
There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:45 - May 6 with 8297 viewsOxford_Blue

Except for the Smith don’t really a connection with the town do they?

I can understand why the Stone Roses are played before Man Utd game and Oasis was played at Man City.
There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:46 - May 6 with 8291 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:45 - May 6 by Oxford_Blue

I can understand why the Stone Roses are played before Man Utd game and Oasis was played at Man City.

Tom Jones isn’t from Stoke.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:47 - May 6 with 8282 viewsMaySixth

"We're not really here"

Deluded and arrogant

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:47 - May 6 with 8280 viewstractorboy7777

For all you youguns:

If a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side

Quite ironic aswell that Norwich City’s double decker bus parade bus died today

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:48 - May 6 with 8277 viewsMaySixth

For all you youguns:

If a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side

Main chorus lyrics should be about Ipswich not a copy of The Smiths song

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 15:04 - May 6 with 8191 viewsBlackboots

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:47 - May 6 by MaySixth

"We're not really here"

Deluded and arrogant

I have never thought of it that way.What about when they sing it now? If they were deluded and arrogant when they went down does the opposite apply when it’s sung as they win the league and cups?

Login to get fewer ads

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 15:23 - May 6 with 8099 viewsIllinoisblue

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:48 - May 6 by MaySixth

go on then, wordsmith, let's hear your idea

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 16:00 - May 6 with 7963 viewsBryanPlug

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:45 - May 6 by Oxford_Blue

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 16:02 - May 6 with 7942 viewsjontysnut

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 15:04 - May 6 by Blackboots

I have never thought of it that way.What about when they sing it now? If they were deluded and arrogant when they went down does the opposite apply when it’s sung as they win the league and cups?

It's City gallows humour rather than arrogance. They were terrible back then and the fans knew it.
There is a light that never goes out chant? on 16:23 - May 6 with 7877 viewsCoco

Please don’t shoehorn that wet vvanker Morrissey into itfc. Great banner shame it referenced Morrissey.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 16:37 - May 6 with 7811 viewsKeaneish

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 16:23 - May 6 by Coco

Please don’t shoehorn that wet vvanker Morrissey into itfc. Great banner shame it referenced Morrissey.

I thought the Dylan Thomas one was much more profound and had equally as much relationship with Town as The Smiths.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 16:39 - May 6 with 7791 viewsosborne

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 14:48 - May 6 by MaySixth

Have you got a light boy?
There is a light that never goes out chant? on 16:49 - May 6 with 7763 viewsnorth_stand77

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 16:39 - May 6 by osborne

Have you got a light boy?

Don't you mean 'Hay ya goh a loight boi '?
There is a light that never goes out chant? on 16:57 - May 6 with 7721 viewsosborne

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 16:49 - May 6 by north_stand77

Don't you mean 'Hay ya goh a loight boi '?

Yep. That's the one. Not really an Ipswich song... More of a small club near Ipswich song I think!
There is a light that never goes out chant? on 20:23 - May 6 with 7361 viewsBlue_Moses

What was the banner?
There is a light that never goes out chant? on 20:39 - May 6 with 7297 viewsitfcjoe

I like it, I'm sure there would be a way of getting a good chant going along to those lyrics

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 20:58 - May 6 with 7200 viewsbluejake78

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 16:00 - May 6 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

or i won't let your son on done on me.
There is a light that never goes out chant? on 21:09 - May 6 with 7151 viewsbluejake78

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 20:58 - May 6 by bluejake78

or i won't let your son on done on me.

down on me
There is a light that never goes out chant? on 00:19 - May 7 with 6917 viewsWacko

For all you youguns:

If a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side

If we're up or down
We're still Ipswich Town
To sing by your side
The pleasure, the privilege is mine

Etc.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 09:33 - May 7 with 6676 viewsBlackboots

There is a light that never goes out chant? on 00:19 - May 7 by Wacko

If we're up or down
We're still Ipswich Town
To sing by your side
The pleasure, the privilege is mine

Etc.

Good work!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024