Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you want to waste some time today 09:26 - May 9 with 6163 viewsBluefish

Try and find a flight from the UK to Madrid on the weekend on the 1st of June or try and find a hotel room in liverpool city centre

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If you want to waste some time today on 09:30 - May 9 with 4454 viewsitfcjoe

I'm ion Amsterdam that weekend, was close to being a lot busier a weekend than initially planned.

Gutted really - me and mate knew in back of mind when we booked it (pre 1st leg) that it may happen and had just hinted at it to our wives.....think they will be happier than us at the outcome!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you want to waste some time today on 09:37 - May 9 with 4423 viewsBluefish

If you want to waste some time today on 09:30 - May 9 by itfcjoe

I'm ion Amsterdam that weekend, was close to being a lot busier a weekend than initially planned.

Gutted really - me and mate knew in back of mind when we booked it (pre 1st leg) that it may happen and had just hinted at it to our wives.....think they will be happier than us at the outcome!

There really would have been something else, your accommodation would have been worth a fortune. I love watching big games abroad, even if not at the game it is superb.

If you want to waste some time today on 09:46 - May 9 with 4389 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Spurs fans have got the short end of the stick too with Liverpool qualifying the night before - flights and hotels were already at an absolute premium by the time they kicked off last night

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If you want to waste some time today on 10:27 - May 9 with 4307 viewscaught-in-limbo

Two incredible semi finals. I just hope the fans behave themselves in Madrid.

Over here it's not culturally acceptable to get p155ed in public, look threatening and shout at people. When that does happen, it IS accepted that riot police turn up and start indiscriminately hitting people with pasty complexions.

I hate it when travelling fans complain about excessive violence from foreign police.

It always ends in tears.

"When in Rome" and all that.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

If you want to waste some time today on 10:39 - May 9 with 4274 viewsJohnny_Boy

Get 4 people in a car, split costs, drive to Madrid. Last minute Air B&B when you arrive there.
A fraction of the cost of 4 Adult flight fares.
If you want to waste some time today on 10:44 - May 9 with 4259 viewsTractorWood

It's part of the beauty if you approach it in the right way. Turn it into an adventure. Sail down and drive, fly somewhere obscure and hire a car. Get a connection etc. Madrid is well connected so shouldn't be too bad.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If you want to waste some time today on 10:54 - May 9 with 4245 viewsBluefish

If you want to waste some time today on 10:39 - May 9 by Johnny_Boy

Get 4 people in a car, split costs, drive to Madrid. Last minute Air B&B when you arrive there.

Lol at the thought of a cheap last minute air bnb

You wont get a hotel room/apartment in liverpool city centre for under £1k, you wont get anything in Madrid for under £2k probably and they are for 2 people

If you want to waste some time today on 10:57 - May 9 with 4223 viewsStokieBlue

If you want to waste some time today on 10:27 - May 9 by caught-in-limbo

Over here it's not culturally acceptable to get p155ed in public, look threatening and shout at people. When that does happen, it IS accepted that riot police turn up and start indiscriminately hitting people with pasty complexions.

I hate it when travelling fans complain about excessive violence from foreign police.

It always ends in tears.

Some good points there, certainly they should behave themselves wherever they are and I hope they do.

However, the Spanish police are hardly saints, they quite like hitting protesters who just want a referendum.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/10/12/spain-police-used-excessive-force-catalonia

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

If you want to waste some time today on 11:01 - May 9 with 4205 viewscaught-in-limbo

If you want to waste some time today on 10:39 - May 9 by Johnny_Boy

A note on that:

There's a new rule introduced late 2018: If you don't have proof of accommodation with parking facilities you can be fined handsomely for just driving into the city.

It's worth checking out the details before you attempt it.

#toxic

If you want to waste some time today on 11:05 - May 9 with 4186 viewsLord_Lucan

My mate has been trying to get flights this morning and direct flights are £1000 so he is going to Malaga and getting the train.

He's like a kid at the moment, he was jumping around like a loon last night. At 07.30 he text me and said "Did it really happen"? He's 57 for crying out loud.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you want to waste some time today on 11:06 - May 9 with 4178 viewscaught-in-limbo

If you want to waste some time today on 10:57 - May 9 by StokieBlue

Some good points there, certainly they should behave themselves wherever they are and I hope they do.

However, the Spanish police are hardly saints, they quite like hitting protesters who just want a referendum.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/10/12/spain-police-used-excessive-force-catalonia

SB

The Spanish/Catalan and Basque riot police are all intolerant and reactionary b45t4rd5.

Don't expect any form of reasonable behaviour from them. Just respect the fact that you're in a foreign country with a different culture. Madrid is not Mahjorkah.

#toxic

If you want to waste some time today on 11:11 - May 9 with 4150 viewsStokieBlue

If you want to waste some time today on 11:06 - May 9 by caught-in-limbo

The Spanish/Catalan and Basque riot police are all intolerant and reactionary b45t4rd5.

Don't expect any form of reasonable behaviour from them. Just respect the fact that you're in a foreign country with a different culture. Madrid is not Mahjorkah.

Indeed.

SB

If you want to waste some time today on 11:11 - May 9 with 4152 viewsitfcjoe

If you want to waste some time today on 11:06 - May 9 by caught-in-limbo

And if they've had a bad day with English fans they will head around the city looking for other groups to seek retribution on and it doesn't matter if they are innocent parties.

Know of 2 or 3 groups who had police cars pull up next to them and have police jump out and attack them for no reason after the police had had a bad day in both Barcelona and Madrid.

The policing is terrible, and the Spanish don't seem to listen to the lessons of English cops - like the Germans and other Europeans do.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you want to waste some time today on 11:14 - May 9 with 4139 viewsStokieBlue

If you want to waste some time today on 11:01 - May 9 by caught-in-limbo

A note on that:

There's a new rule introduced late 2018: If you don't have proof of accommodation with parking facilities you can be fined handsomely for just driving into the city.

It's worth checking out the details before you attempt it.

Park in Zaragoza and get the fast train?

SB

If you want to waste some time today on 11:17 - May 9 with 4133 viewsLord_Lucan

If you want to waste some time today on 11:14 - May 9 by StokieBlue

SB

We went once from Valladolid, getting there isn't much of a problem tbh, hotels may be a different thing.

Any Madrid Blues want to rent their house out PM me.
[Post edited 9 May 2019 11:17]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

If you want to waste some time today on 11:42 - May 9 with 4071 viewshammo56

If you want to waste some time today on 10:44 - May 9 by TractorWood

It's part of the beauty if you approach it in the right way. Turn it into an adventure. Sail down and drive, fly somewhere obscure and hire a car. Get a connection etc. Madrid is well connected so shouldn't be too bad.

That’s your following England away experience coming into play there.
I’ve got a connecting flight to Porto from Madrid on Monday 3rd June for the Nations League finals and glad I didn’t decide to go out on the 1st June and spend the weekend in Madrid as I think it will be pretty chaotic at the airport to say the least.
If you want to waste some time today on 12:01 - May 9 with 4025 viewscaught-in-limbo

If you want to waste some time today on 11:14 - May 9 by StokieBlue

SB

I'd definitely recommend getting the train in to Madrid from wherever you fly to. I've heard several stories of big fines for driving into the city without "parking plans".

The AVE is a great service but book early if you're seriously planning to go.

Enjoy yourself if you do.

#toxic

If you want to waste some time today on 12:25 - May 9 with 3977 viewshammo56

If you want to waste some time today on 10:27 - May 9 by caught-in-limbo

It always ends in tears.

Spot on.
Was at the Spain v England game in Madrid in 2004 (the one where Ashley Cole and other England players got terrible racial abuse).
Before the game was in a bar where some England fans were singing but causing no problems and they came charging in hitting anybody who was in reach including some of our fans in wheelchairs. Apparently there had been some trouble in another bar nearby and just assumed it was kicking off in that one as well.
If you want to waste some time today on 13:53 - May 9 with 3869 viewslinhdi

If you want to waste some time today on 12:01 - May 9 by caught-in-limbo

I'd definitely recommend getting the train in to Madrid from wherever you fly to. I've heard several stories of big fines for driving into the city without "parking plans".

The AVE is a great service but book early if you're seriously planning to go.

Enjoy yourself if you do.

Good advice. I lucked out in the UEFA ballot for the final - first time in many attempts - and have ferry booked to Bilbao, then just a 5 hour drive to Madrid. Booked about a month ago, and even then hotels were very, very hard to find at anything like an acceptable price.

Airport will be chaotic!
No need on 13:58 - May 9 with 3849 viewsDyland

I'm going pillion on Feargal's scooter.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No need on 14:04 - May 9 with 3834 viewshoppy

No need on 13:58 - May 9 by Dyland

I'm going pillion on Feargal's scooter.

Ah, I don't think you are. He's actually sailing down, so you'd have been better off with that option.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If you want to waste some time today on 14:04 - May 9 with 3835 viewsLord_Lucan

If you want to waste some time today on 13:53 - May 9 by linhdi

Good advice. I lucked out in the UEFA ballot for the final - first time in many attempts - and have ferry booked to Bilbao, then just a 5 hour drive to Madrid. Booked about a month ago, and even then hotels were very, very hard to find at anything like an acceptable price.

Airport will be chaotic!

My mate has just booked an apartment for four of them for £1100 - I'm not sure if this is for one or two nights but I think they are flying in to Malaga.

I went to the same England game in 2004 referenced earlier and we flew into Valladolid.

If you want to waste some time today on 14:09 - May 9 with 3814 viewssoclopath

Heard on radio this morning it's cheaper to take a weeks holiday in Spain with rail connections to Madrid than take The Obvious route.
If you want to waste some time today on 20:09 - May 9 with 3647 viewsJohnny_Boy

If you want to waste some time today on 10:54 - May 9 by Bluefish

Lol at the thought of a cheap last minute air bnb

You wont get a hotel room/apartment in liverpool city centre for under £1k, you wont get anything in Madrid for under £2k probably and they are for 2 people

Let's see shall we. On the day of the Champions League final, we can search for a large room on Air B&B in Madrid.

See if we can find something lower than your mythical 2K figure.

I'm confident you'll be able to.
If you want to waste some time today on 20:10 - May 9 with 3644 viewsBluefish

If you want to waste some time today on 20:09 - May 9 by Johnny_Boy

Let's see shall we. On the day of the Champions League final, we can search for a large room on Air B&B in Madrid.

See if we can find something lower than your mythical 2K figure.

I'm confident you'll be able to.

Not sure if I will be able to contain my excitement that long

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024