Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Lampard 22:19 - May 15 with 5695 viewsGlasgowBlue

We dodged a bullet there folks.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Frank Lampard on 09:00 - May 16 with 993 viewsbournemouthblue

Frank Lampard on 23:40 - May 15 by GluedtoBlue

Money doesn't guarantee anything though. It obviously helps but he's done a pretty decent job regardless of what has been spent.

Playoffs are unpredictable but I hope they go up.

My view is that a play-off finish with or without money takes some doing

Managing all those egos at Derby must be some challenge

However I suspect his budget matches about where they have finished and thus he is performing to about where his budget is pointing

That's not to say he hasn't done an alright job. I didn't think they would be any where near the play-offs come the end of the season. They must have had a decent run when it mattered?

He also seems fairly tactically astute which bodes well for him. I thought his celebrations at the end with the Derby fans suggested he gets it.

I wouldn't have minded him as Town manager but it would have been an infinitely tougher job for him.

I think he chose well with Derby.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Frank Lampard on 09:05 - May 16 with 978 viewsHerbivore

It's a game of fine margins, Derby wouldn't even have made the play offs without a couple of very, very dodgy penalties in their favour in their last few games of the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Frank Lampard on 09:09 - May 16 with 974 viewsGuthrum

I'm not sure that's fair, given I doubt there was ever really that much chance of Lampard coming to Ipswich, especially once clubs like Derby were in the frame.

I suspect, if he ever seriously talked to us at all, it was more in the way of interview practice, or maybe as an option for consideration if all else fell through.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Frank Lampard on 09:11 - May 16 with 963 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Frank Lampard on 08:55 - May 16 by itfcjoe

Really impressed with how Derby have bounced back over the last few weeks after looking dead and buried.

Lampard adapted their style a few times this season, and sprung a big surprise on one of the worlds most renowned tactical coaches last night and got the better of him.

Was a really impressive and fluid set up last night, he's really learning a lot this season as a manager.

People making a big play about Derby's budget to undermime him this year, a lot of their highly paid players aren't contributing that much - a lot of success built on young loan players and youth products who he is certainly getting the best out of. Will be a very successful manager - not that that will be a surprise to many with how hard he worked and how good he was at most things he has done.

Fair play to him

I was sceptical when he was being hyped up last Summer on the basis he hadn’t even really had any coaching experience. It pretty much amounted to occasionally helping out his mate with Chelsea under 18’s occasionally, so very little to go on other than that he was a decent player and seemingly quite intelligent

Clearly he’s proved me wrong with the job he’s done at Derby. I still maintain he’d have been a terrible choice for Ipswich as would have had nowhere near the tools here that he has there (although it’s not like we ended up better!), but then part of being a good modern manager is putting yourself in the right situation to succeed so full marks to him on that

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Frank Lampard on 09:33 - May 16 with 935 viewsBrixtonBlue

Were people saying 'no thanks' to Frank last summer? Can't really remember. I presume this is who you're trying to have a pop at.

As others have said, he wouldn't have done the same with us due to budget constraints.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Frank Lampard on 10:30 - May 16 with 888 viewsbilllm

Tbh Glasgow blue me or you could have got them in the top 6 with that squad,ATM lampard is nothing special
Frank Lampard on 10:58 - May 16 with 869 viewsNo9

I was thinking the same thing when Marriott scored 2
Frank Lampard on 11:02 - May 16 with 866 viewsTractorCam

Frank Lampard on 22:23 - May 15 by GlasgowBlue

He’d have sold Marriot and replaced him with Kayden Jackson.

Well he would have had to bought Marriott before selling him, he was at Peterborough at the time.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Frank Lampard on 11:15 - May 16 with 848 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Frank Lampard on 08:33 - May 16 by GlasgowBlue

Of course it’s a joke. We didn’t dodge a bullet by not appointing Frank Lampard.

Lampard’s ambitions weren’t matched by Marcus Evans. Lampard is on the verge of being promoted to the Premier league whilst we are being relegated to league one.

I doubt Lampard would have sold our best two strikers and our best defender.

Not only that.

Had we appointed him we could have had the likes of Harry Wilson or Mason Mount in our team. But them in our team and Lampard as our manager would have turned out to be ... 'too expensive' for our 'committed' owner.

So we keep trying to muddle on the cheap and pay the price by getting relegated.
Frank Lampard on 11:17 - May 16 with 843 viewsHerbivore

Frank Lampard on 11:15 - May 16 by Mach_foreignBlue

Not only that.

Had we appointed him we could have had the likes of Harry Wilson or Mason Mount in our team. But them in our team and Lampard as our manager would have turned out to be ... 'too expensive' for our 'committed' owner.

So we keep trying to muddle on the cheap and pay the price by getting relegated.

I doubt we'd have afforded Mount or Wilson on loan.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024