Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? 18:25 - May 16 with 1678 viewsGeoffSentence

I've just seen a Lib Dem activist on the news saying that Liberal Democrats knock on people's doors and talk to them.

This has never happened to me in any election or byany party, the best I've had is someone stuffing a flyer theough my letterbox.

As anyone actually had a campaigner knock on their door and talk to them?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 18:26 - May 16 with 1661 viewsSarge

Once, and it was a Lib Dem. At the time though they had just betrayed me and everyone else my age by capitulating to the T*ries over tuition fees so I was in no mood to support them.
Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 18:35 - May 16 with 1639 viewsGeoffSentence

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 18:26 - May 16 by Sarge

Once, and it was a Lib Dem. At the time though they had just betrayed me and everyone else my age by capitulating to the T*ries over tuition fees so I was in no mood to support them.

I dont think that the tuition fees thing was a capitulation, I think that one was their idea, not that it makes it any better.

I wonder why you got that personal attention, are you in a marginal?

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 18:41 - May 16 with 1625 viewssparks

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 18:35 - May 16 by GeoffSentence

I dont think that the tuition fees thing was a capitulation, I think that one was their idea, not that it makes it any better.

I still think that whole "they betrayed me" nonsense, is one of the silliest most entitled lines I hear from voters.

Sorry- they were very much the junior party in a coalition. They could wield some power and influence, or none. They chose some and inevitably were faced with all manner of compromises. Thats pragmatism not betrayal
[Post edited 16 May 2019 20:50]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 18:55 - May 16 with 1586 viewsPinewoodblue

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 18:41 - May 16 by sparks

I still think that whole "they betrayed me" nonsense, is one of the silliest most entitled lines I hear from voters.

Sorry- they were very much the junior party in a coalition. They could wield some power and influence, or none. They chose some and inevitably were faced with all manner of compromises. Thats pragmatism not betrayal

The DUP seem to be doing better at getting what they want, and that isn't even a coalition.

Had Conservative candidate knock on door when lived in Norwich.

Spoke t candidate a polling station election before last.

Funniest was years ago on a training course near Nottingham. Liberal candidate came into reception asking if he could talk to a group of voters. We got lumbered he spoke for over ten minutes and at the end asked if anyone would vote for him. He seemed a little put out when the tutor explained this is our national training centre and no one in this room is in your constituency.. He was a guest tutor.from Northern Ireland.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:27 - May 16 with 1554 viewsSarge

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 18:35 - May 16 by GeoffSentence

Nope, at the time was in the part of Ipswich that’s Central Suffolk. A place where the anonymous Dr Dan will always win.
Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:32 - May 16 with 1545 viewsBloomBlue

Had a Labour idiot knock on the door on Monday and I handed him a house plant he looked at me a bit strange and I said 'keep it, it's a money tree'. Then told him to feck off I hate people who dont like Jewish people.
Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:42 - May 16 with 1535 viewsSpruceMoose

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:32 - May 16 by BloomBlue

Had a Labour idiot knock on the door on Monday and I handed him a house plant he looked at me a bit strange and I said 'keep it, it's a money tree'. Then told him to feck off I hate people who dont like Jewish people.

Funnily enough I was taking to a Labour candidate the other night. Said they'd knocked on the door of some old duffer, who stood there with a tin of spesh in his hand, mumbling something about plants, unable maintain eye contact, while the smell of loneliness and desperation (probably a microwave meal) wafted out from the caravan behind him. After ten seconds of awkward silence he suddenly closed the door.

Small world eh?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:44 - May 16 with 1525 viewsWD19

Yes, pretty regularly.

The Lib Dems run a finely tuned election machine around my way. I get a door drop at least once a month, 12 months a year. Propaganda that stretches the truth too far and actively seeks to mislead....it is a real turn-off to be honest....and not in keeping with how I would generally have perceived the Lib Dems before.

Loads more at election time and door knocking too.

Tories are also regular visitors, but lower key.
Login to get fewer ads

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:50 - May 16 with 1507 viewsJ2BLUE

Ben Gummer once.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:51 - May 16 with 1504 viewsSpruceMoose

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:50 - May 16 by J2BLUE

Ben Gummer once.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:53 - May 16 with 1493 viewsGeoffSentence

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:50 - May 16 by J2BLUE

Ben Gummer once.

I hope he offered you a burger.

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:53 - May 16 with 1491 viewsBloomBlue

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:42 - May 16 by SpruceMoose

Funnily enough I was taking to a Labour candidate the other night. Said they'd knocked on the door of some old duffer, who stood there with a tin of spesh in his hand, mumbling something about plants, unable maintain eye contact, while the smell of loneliness and desperation (probably a microwave meal) wafted out from the caravan behind him. After ten seconds of awkward silence he suddenly closed the door.

Small world eh?

Not sure he did mentioned something about talking previously to a sad individual who gets upset about getting down arrows on website,. Said the individual needs to get out more, up his own ar$e I think he said.

Where was this candidate located?
Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:55 - May 16 with 1485 viewsGeoffSentence

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:53 - May 16 by BloomBlue

Not sure he did mentioned something about talking previously to a sad individual who gets upset about getting down arrows on website,. Said the individual needs to get out more, up his own ar$e I think he said.

You two! Get a room!

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:58 - May 16 with 1476 viewsSpruceMoose

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:53 - May 16 by BloomBlue

You're rattled!

Arf!

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 20:00 - May 16 with 1474 viewsmanchego

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 18:41 - May 16 by sparks

I'm amused / baffled by the grief they got for that and how the Tories skated through the whole thing.
LDs were demolished at the following GE ( 8 seats ) and the Tories ended up in 2015 with a majority.
Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 20:05 - May 16 with 1458 viewsPinewoodblue

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 20:00 - May 16 by manchego

I'm amused / baffled by the grief they got for that and how the Tories skated through the whole thing.
LDs were demolished at the following GE ( 8 seats ) and the Tories ended up in 2015 with a majority.

Cameron targeted Lib Dem seats.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 20:18 - May 16 with 1435 viewsSonOfSpock

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:27 - May 16 by Sarge

Nope, at the time was in the part of Ipswich that’s Central Suffolk. A place where the anonymous Dr Dan will always win.

I suspect he could well be in for a spot of bother being a tory and being a brexit constituency.

Not sure how he can be a so called MP as well as a Dr. Devote yourself full time to one not both.
Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 20:49 - May 16 with 1398 viewsBloomBlue

Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 19:58 - May 16 by SpruceMoose

You're rattled!

Arf!

Never rattled I just like it when you bite
Elections: anyone ever had a candidate knock on their door and talk to them? on 21:06 - May 16 with 1369 viewsm14_blue

All the time, at least 2 every time there's an election.

I do live in a very marginal seat though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024