Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays 14:11 - May 18 with 2634 viewsStokieBlue

More than 50% of Americans think that Arabic numerals shouldn't be taught in school (at least in this survey).

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/arabic-numerals-survey-prejudice-bias-survey-

Oh dear.

SB
[Post edited 18 May 2019 14:11]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays on 15:51 - May 18 with 533 viewsSwansea_Blue

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays on 15:30 - May 18 by footers

Kilroy was right. What have the Arabs ever done for us?

Gave us a cracking Carry On film.

Musthafa Leak!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays (n/t) on 15:51 - May 18 with 535 viewsMJallday

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays (n/t) on 15:49 - May 18 by SpruceMoose

The British can barely speak English as it is, judging by half the posts on this board.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 15:50]

yes i realise that, my point was all about removing subjects from the curriculum which are largely unnecessary in todays society.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays (n/t) on 15:52 - May 18 with 539 viewsMJallday

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays (n/t) on 15:49 - May 18 by SpruceMoose

The British can barely speak English as it is, judging by half the posts on this board.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 15:50]

i once went into a french resteraunt (in canada) and attracted a large amount of unwanted attention for unwittingly ordering some unleaded petrol.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays (n/t) on 16:00 - May 18 with 519 viewsStokieBlue

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays (n/t) on 15:51 - May 18 by MJallday

yes i realise that, my point was all about removing subjects from the curriculum which are largely unnecessary in todays society.

Given most the posts on social media nowadays that's probably science isn't it?

Facts and proof are for losers.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays (n/t) on 16:31 - May 18 with 499 viewsDarth_Koont

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays (n/t) on 16:00 - May 18 by StokieBlue

Given most the posts on social media nowadays that's probably science isn't it?

Facts and proof are for losers.

SB

Science will be replaced by Opinions so we can start building up the UK's homeopathy industry.

Pronouns: He/Him

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays (n/t) on 17:05 - May 18 with 470 viewsSarge

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays (n/t) on 15:51 - May 18 by MJallday

They’re only unnecessary because the rest of the world has bothered to learn English. Would be nice if we as a nation actually made an effort.
Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays on 18:24 - May 18 with 427 viewsEireannach_gorm

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays on 15:30 - May 18 by footers

Kilroy was right. What have the Arabs ever done for us?

He was right, it was the Indians what done it!

https://books.google.ie/books/content?id=dOxl71w-jHEC&pg=PA192&img=1&zoom=3&hl=e

from: The Earth and Its Peoples: A Global History, Volume 1 By R. Bulliet, P. Crossley, D. Headrick, S. Hirsch, L. Johnson
Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays on 19:21 - May 18 with 385 viewsWeWereZombies

Understanding the question seems to come second to bias nowadays on 15:48 - May 18 by MJallday

arabic numerals aside... in our regular curriculum we dont teach portugese,hungarian, turkish, russian, bengali, japaease afrikaans or punjabi

so why should we start teaching arabic? what value will it add?

personally i dont believe we should teach anything that doesnt add value. (and remove subjects in the curicculum that dont) - That's not say we dont need to teach people (kids) about certain cultures, but learning the language of a culture is largely unnecessary unless there is a specific need or want. and yes, i do include french, german and spanish in that.
[Post edited 18 May 2019 15:49]

您将了解您的新中国大师希望您学习的内容。

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024