Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood confirmation? 22:10 - May 31 with 7770 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Norwood confirmation? on 11:45 - Jun 1 with 1280 viewsMullet

Norwood confirmation? on 11:24 - Jun 1 by pablovian

The combination of Norwood's physicality and Jackson's pace, with intelligent support from some combination of Judge, Nolan, Downes, Bishop, Lankester and Edwards, should be very effective in League 1. That would take some pressure off the defense. If, in addition, Skuse is fully fit and in form, and Holy settles in and is reliable, Town may do very well ...

That's such a depressing read. The idea we may do well in the third tier. Jesus.

Norwood confirmation? on 11:59 - Jun 1 with 1252 viewsPJH

Norwood confirmation? on 00:00 - Jun 1 by MrTown

Was on 4K at Tranmere, wouldn’t be surprised to see 7/8k been the figure. Rolling the dice maybe a bit extreme, decent bucks though.l and Bart/Harrison moving would be no surprise.

His tweet seems logical to be fair.

I see that you are taking into account the 33% pay rise he got in early April because back then you announced that he was on £3K.

Either that or you just make things up.
Norwood confirmation? on 12:09 - Jun 1 with 1234 viewsJohnny_Boy

Norwood confirmation? on 10:56 - Jun 1 by J2BLUE

What? Probably none? Chalobah got better and better towards the end of the season. He will likely be somewhere like Derby next season.

His pass completion stats tells you everything you need to know.
Norwood confirmation? on 12:25 - Jun 1 with 1222 viewsKropotkin123

Norwood confirmation? on 11:24 - Jun 1 by pablovian

The combination of Norwood's physicality and Jackson's pace, with intelligent support from some combination of Judge, Nolan, Downes, Bishop, Lankester and Edwards, should be very effective in League 1. That would take some pressure off the defense. If, in addition, Skuse is fully fit and in form, and Holy settles in and is reliable, Town may do very well ...

You are right. If everyone does really well, then town may do well...

..........................................................................................

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Norwood confirmation? on 12:34 - Jun 1 with 1219 viewsKeaneish

Norwood confirmation? on 08:57 - Jun 1 by PJH

Thank you for posting this it all seems very sensible to me.
All I have seen of Norwood was the three games on SKY in the playoffs and he looked pretty impressive but in fact only scored one goal out of about twelve chances that he had over the three games so maybe he had about 360 chances over the season to get his 32 goals.
My thoughts about him purely based on those three games are that maybe he will seriously boost our goalscoring (which very much needs boosting)and help us get back up but based on the players that we signed a year ago I am not sure how much use he would be to us if and when we are back in The Championship.

edit-sorry, forgot to wish Tramnere luck for next season.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 8:58]

I like what i've seen of him too especially his movement and link up play and he should get bags of chances with Bishop, Judge, Edwards, Lankester in and around the side. That said, we still need a big man up front in the squad. We're still a small side and that's one area that can solve two problems.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood confirmation? on 13:22 - Jun 1 with 1189 viewsStewart27

Norwood confirmation? on 11:45 - Jun 1 by Mullet

That's such a depressing read. The idea we may do well in the third tier. Jesus.

Would you rather us do badly?

Jeez.

We are where we are.
Norwood confirmation? on 14:20 - Jun 1 with 1132 viewsMrTown

Norwood confirmation? on 08:43 - Jun 1 by Suffolktrfc

I'm a tranmere fan, we simply don't have the funds to pay him anywhere near 4k a week, even now we are in league one. When he signed the contract we was in the conference. He will be one of our highest paid players yes, but only on around 1.5k a week.
I wish him all the best at Ipswich, but don't expect him to be your savour, last season was the highest level he has ever played so if he going up another division with a club expected to go straight back up, don't be surprised if the goals stop flowing. Happens so many times with players coming up the divisions

Yes, I’ve just messaged the guy who told me up your end and he said that he said he didn’t say 4K he said 2k. So apologises, thought he said 4k but apparently he’s on 2k at Tranmere.

Definitely prized himself out of a deal to a Championship club though, we must be offering him 6-8k though?

You think League 2 is his highest level?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Norwood confirmation? on 14:33 - Jun 1 with 1113 viewsKeaneish

Norwood confirmation? on 14:20 - Jun 1 by MrTown

Yes, I’ve just messaged the guy who told me up your end and he said that he said he didn’t say 4K he said 2k. So apologises, thought he said 4k but apparently he’s on 2k at Tranmere.

Definitely prized himself out of a deal to a Championship club though, we must be offering him 6-8k though?

You think League 2 is his highest level?

If Mick is right and the squad get hit with 50% to 60% cuts, even the highest earners who would have been Bart and Jonas will be on £7.5k a week roughly. I reckon Norwood will be nearer the £5k mark in truth and on a decent goal bonus. 2.5 times the existing salary plus bonuses is a decent offer - all speculation though but then again, it’s the summer an there’s nowt else going on!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood confirmation? on 15:18 - Jun 1 with 1047 viewsMrTown

Norwood confirmation? on 14:33 - Jun 1 by Keaneish

If Mick is right and the squad get hit with 50% to 60% cuts, even the highest earners who would have been Bart and Jonas will be on £7.5k a week roughly. I reckon Norwood will be nearer the £5k mark in truth and on a decent goal bonus. 2.5 times the existing salary plus bonuses is a decent offer - all speculation though but then again, it’s the summer an there’s nowt else going on!

Yeah well I think the cuts would be fairly accurate, Bart I’m sure will be on around 7.5k although imagine he will leave this summer.

Yeah 5-6k is certainly realistic, with a promotion bonus I’m sure in there.

Yeah people get the right hump with def info and speculation but I love it throughout the summer.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Norwood confirmation? on 16:14 - Jun 1 with 1008 viewsMullet

Norwood confirmation? on 13:22 - Jun 1 by Stewart27

Would you rather us do badly?

Jeez.

We are where we are.

Why would anyone want that?

It's a shame others didn't take your approach in the last couple of years, then we might be back to where we were actually competing for something worthwhile.

Norwood confirmation? on 17:00 - Jun 1 with 960 viewsohmycampo

The next Harrison or Jackson?
Norwood confirmation? on 17:05 - Jun 1 with 950 viewspointofblue

Norwood confirmation? on 16:14 - Jun 1 by Mullet

Why would anyone want that?

It's a shame others didn't take your approach in the last couple of years, then we might be back to where we were actually competing for something worthwhile.

Championship midtable? Something had to give - Groundhog day was simply not bearable for many any longer.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Norwood confirmation? on 19:03 - Jun 1 with 883 viewsMullet

Norwood confirmation? on 17:05 - Jun 1 by pointofblue

Championship midtable? Something had to give - Groundhog day was simply not bearable for many any longer.

9th, 6th, 7th, 16th (our then worst finish in decades) 12th.

Hardly does anything but disprove yet another myth. Our consistent "midtable" period was 15th consistently and surefire relegation as the decade turned.

People kept insisting and demanding an entitled "better". What we'd give for "groundhog day" now in terms of those finishes. We probably won't see them again for a long while.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024