Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joshua defeated by a nobody 07:28 - Jun 2 with 3853 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some of us on here got shot down if we said anything about Joshua...

...just saying.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 10:17 - Jun 2 with 859 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 09:54 - Jun 2 by Keaneish

You sound vehemently anti AJ. Joshua has fought the big boys ie: Parker, Klitschko, Whyte and he's been after Wilder for ages. Not sure what you mean by that.

For anyone who follows boxing they'll know Ruiz and know he's a decent fighter. He's looked decent on the pads in training too. Classic big man small man match up this one. Joshua allowed Ruiz to get in to close and unload. Should have boxed him at range like his corner kept telling him. Bad night at the office is all.

Not anti AJ, just anti AJ hype.

He fought a past it Klitschko, and has avoided Whyte and Fury.

I don't recall anyone talking Ruiz up on here...

Hopefully this loss will be the making of AJ.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 10:18 - Jun 2 with 857 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 09:45 - Jun 2 by christiand

The loss is damaging, but he’s not the first or will be the last champion to taste defeat. Let’s see how he comes back in the rematch, if that happens at all. The question I would ask does AJ have you the heart and hunger to want to did it?

Agreed.

Although there haven't been many shocks on this scale over the past 30 years.

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 10:21 - Jun 2 with 853 viewschristiand

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 10:18 - Jun 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

This is right up there with Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas in the Heavyweight division. No one saw this outcome.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 10:50 - Jun 2 with 833 viewsHerbivore

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 09:54 - Jun 2 by grimboy

I think you would of found that fight happened sooner than the rematch with Fury ,There would of been more at stake Wilder v AJ fight money as well as the belts,than a nothing fight against Fury.

Except that Wilder and Fury confirmed their rematch just this week, so you're wrong on this one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 10:52 - Jun 2 with 826 viewsHerbivore

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 10:18 - Jun 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

Lewis v Rahman, Lewis v McCall, Tyson v Douglas to name but three.

Also, you think AJ has avoided Whyte? He's already beaten him once and Whyte was offered a contract to fight him again this year. I don't think you really follow boxing.

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 11:00 - Jun 2 with 825 viewsgrimboy

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 10:50 - Jun 2 by Herbivore

Except that Wilder and Fury confirmed their rematch just this week, so you're wrong on this one.

Oh ok then please tell me the date of this rematch?
Joshua defeated by a nobody on 11:04 - Jun 2 with 820 viewsJakeITFC

Think the Wilder highlight reel stoppage against Brezeale was playing on Joshua’s mind.

McCracken was in his ear all night trying to get him to box at range and to just throw straight one-twos but Joshua was after the power punches and Ruiz was timing him so well. The knockdown in the third was probably the worst thing that could have happened because Joshua just went for him and played right into Ruiz’s (incredibly fast) hands.

You have to think that Joshua underestimates both the speed and power of Ruiz and then just couldn’t work him out in there. Styles make fights as they say, and last nights was a cracker.

Wilder (who would surely be thinking he could stop Joshua easily now) and Fury (who must be thinking that he could box his head off) will presumably be banging the door down if Joshua is victorious in the rematch.
Joshua defeated by a nobody on 11:08 - Jun 2 with 819 viewsballycastle

I'm surprised the BBC haven't ordered a day of mourning.
Login to get fewer ads

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 11:29 - Jun 2 with 801 viewsKeaneish

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 10:17 - Jun 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not anti AJ, just anti AJ hype.

He fought a past it Klitschko, and has avoided Whyte and Fury.

I don't recall anyone talking Ruiz up on here...

Hopefully this loss will be the making of AJ.

Joshua beat Whyte 3 or 4 years ago at the O2. I don't think there's much pre-fight chat on here to be honest let alone talking up an obscure out of shape Mexican.

It'll be really interesting to see who Hearn puts AJ in with next. After Tyson's defeat to Douglas he destroyed a couple of nobody's before his next title shot against Bruno. Did Hearn have the foresight to write a rematch into the contract? Big f**k up if not.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 11:30 - Jun 2 with 797 viewsballycastle

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 09:54 - Jun 2 by Keaneish

You sound vehemently anti AJ. Joshua has fought the big boys ie: Parker, Klitschko, Whyte and he's been after Wilder for ages. Not sure what you mean by that.

For anyone who follows boxing they'll know Ruiz and know he's a decent fighter. He's looked decent on the pads in training too. Classic big man small man match up this one. Joshua allowed Ruiz to get in to close and unload. Should have boxed him at range like his corner kept telling him. Bad night at the office is all.

Simply hasn't got the chin, Wilder would knock him out, Fury would box his head off, AJ the boxing champ for the love island generation.
Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 11:32 - Jun 2 with 794 viewsPablosCousin

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 11:29 - Jun 2 by Keaneish

Joshua beat Whyte 3 or 4 years ago at the O2. I don't think there's much pre-fight chat on here to be honest let alone talking up an obscure out of shape Mexican.

It'll be really interesting to see who Hearn puts AJ in with next. After Tyson's defeat to Douglas he destroyed a couple of nobody's before his next title shot against Bruno. Did Hearn have the foresight to write a rematch into the contract? Big f**k up if not.

Hearns come out and said the rematch is in November or December in the UK.
Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 11:40 - Jun 2 with 783 viewsHerbivore

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 11:00 - Jun 2 by grimboy

Oh ok then please tell me the date of this rematch?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/boxing/48482802

Joshua defeated by a nobody on 12:07 - Jun 2 with 764 viewsSonOfSpock

Joshua didn't seem to want it.
Joshua defeated by a nobody on 12:09 - Jun 2 with 764 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Joshua defeated by a nobody on 12:18 - Jun 2 with 751 viewsstrikalite

Joshua defeated by a nobody on 12:07 - Jun 2 by SonOfSpock

Joshua didn't seem to want it.

Looked like Frank Bruno in there last night, though better fighters in Franks day...
Joshua defeated by a nobody on 12:24 - Jun 2 with 749 viewsTrequartista

I like these Boxer v Wrestler challenges, although now that the Wrestler has won the boxing leg, it's going to be a bit of a foregone conclusion for the second leg.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 12:35 - Jun 2 with 735 viewsgrimboy

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 11:40 - Jun 2 by Herbivore

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/boxing/48482802

Ah I was right then no date set just a promise of a rematch after Ortiz ,which means if AJ came up and offered the fight it’s a great possibility it would happen before Fury money talks in this game.
Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 12:59 - Jun 2 with 716 viewsgrimboy

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 12:35 - Jun 2 by grimboy

Ah I was right then no date set just a promise of a rematch after Ortiz ,which means if AJ came up and offered the fight it’s a great possibility it would happen before Fury money talks in this game.

Downvoting me because I’m right no date set,that’s all I said and your wrong .
Joshua defeated by a nobody on 13:04 - Jun 2 with 707 viewsFtnfwest

Joshua defeated by a nobody on 11:08 - Jun 2 by ballycastle

I'm surprised the BBC haven't ordered a day of mourning.

Too busy with their Liverpool fest
Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 13:09 - Jun 2 with 702 viewsfooters

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 12:59 - Jun 2 by grimboy

Although you're technically correct, grimmers, it's normal for a fighter to have a 'date' when they're meant to be boxing next, but this is usually just the month, with the exact date pinned down later on. I could tell you that Joshua is next out in September. That's the plan. But in a sport with so many moving parts, announcing the actual date only happens weeks ahead rather than months.

So you're both right. :)

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 13:34 - Jun 2 with 686 viewsHerbivore

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 12:59 - Jun 2 by grimboy

Down voting you because you're missing the point. A date won't be agreed until after their upcoming fights because it's feasible that one of them could get injured or lose and that would affect the date of their fight. The fight itself is all agreed and Wilder had no intention of looking to fight AJ this year.

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 13:44 - Jun 2 with 678 viewsgrimboy

Joshua defeated by a nobody (n/t) on 13:34 - Jun 2 by Herbivore

Down voting you because you're missing the point. A date won't be agreed until after their upcoming fights because it's feasible that one of them could get injured or lose and that would affect the date of their fight. The fight itself is all agreed and Wilder had no intention of looking to fight AJ this year.

Dont worry I’m bored of you now I’m going to just leave it but I still think you are wrong I’ll remind you when the fight happens early next year before wilder v Fury.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024