Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All these protesters .... 18:15 - Jun 4 with 18017 viewsbackwaywhen

Why dont they do something worth wile for the day . like voluntary work , instead of clogging up the streets of London !.
All these protesters .... on 17:28 - Jun 5 with 836 viewsJ2BLUE

All these protesters .... on 17:26 - Jun 5 by GlasgowBlue

I used to link my Brexit coming out post of March 2016 to answer that question as it was quite long, but Gav has archived stuff that far back.

in short, I allowed myself to see the negatives of EU membership whilst ignoring the positives and believed that as the 5th largest economy in the world we could thrive as a sovereign nation whilst scrapping freedom of movement and opening our borders the the brightest and the best from countries much further afield than Europe.

Had we a government of ambition and vision I think we could have pulled it off.

I wasn't asking about Brexit. I voted for Brexit as well so would be a bit odd for me to ask that!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

QED on 17:29 - Jun 5 with 835 viewsJ2BLUE

QED on 17:27 - Jun 5 by grimboy

Run along lad.your boring me now.

I see. That says it all doesn't it?

Truly impaired.

QED on 17:29 - Jun 5 with 830 viewsSpruceMoose

QED on 17:29 - Jun 5 by J2BLUE

I see. That says it all doesn't it?

He's just here for the aggro.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

QED on 17:30 - Jun 5 with 824 viewswkj

QED on 17:29 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

I'm just here for the prize round

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

QED on 17:31 - Jun 5 with 821 viewsJ2BLUE

QED on 17:29 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

It's funny that someone can claim they are the victim then outright reject the chance to make peace. This is probably our fault as well.

Truly impaired.

QED on 17:32 - Jun 5 with 813 viewsSpruceMoose

QED on 17:30 - Jun 5 by wkj

I'm just here for the prize round

Meat raffle coming up next.

Couple of gammons, good for roasting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

QED on 17:32 - Jun 5 with 812 viewsgrimboy

QED on 17:26 - Jun 5 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not the one trying to prove something I can't prove.

I've not erupted on anyone, not since my GF went to the States anyway.

You've lost the plot mate.

I doubt it.
You fcuking know I can’t prove it because Phil deleted it.
QED on 17:32 - Jun 5 with 809 viewsCoastalblue

QED on 17:31 - Jun 5 by J2BLUE

It's funny that someone can claim they are the victim then outright reject the chance to make peace. This is probably our fault as well.

To be honest you'd all be better off just putting him on ignore, it's not like you're going to miss out on anything of substance.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Oh my days... this thread! on 17:33 - Jun 5 with 806 viewsDyland

Don't reply to me because I'm deleting it. Some of us cultured posters use thread view innit.

Some of you lot need to take a break from the board before you... well... break the board.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

QED on 17:34 - Jun 5 with 801 viewsJ2BLUE

QED on 17:32 - Jun 5 by grimboy

I doubt it.
You fcuking know I can’t prove it because Phil deleted it.

Ignore me if you want because i'm not looking for a row but seriously, why are you all so angry? You, Johnno, Benters, Crunchie etc etc. You all flare up so easily at absolutely nothing. Surely you don't do that in the real world?

Truly impaired.

QED on 17:34 - Jun 5 with 801 viewsSpruceMoose

QED on 17:31 - Jun 5 by J2BLUE

It felt gross PMing him to try and smooth things over to be honest, because after some of the things he's said to me I have such little respect for him it's non-existent.

I did it because I'm sick of all the baiting and derailing on here, and Phil and Gav must be incredibly fed up too.

That's why it's extra sickening to have the olive branch of peace slapped out of my hand by him.

QED on 17:35 - Jun 5 with 794 viewsgrimboy

QED on 17:32 - Jun 5 by Coastalblue

To be honest you'd all be better off just putting him on ignore, it's not like you're going to miss out on anything of substance.

They can’t they all love me.
Shame the feeling isn’t mutual.
QED on 17:36 - Jun 5 with 785 viewsSpruceMoose

QED on 17:35 - Jun 5 by grimboy

Tell us how you really feel...

QED on 17:36 - Jun 5 with 781 viewsJ2BLUE

QED on 17:32 - Jun 5 by Coastalblue

I will when the ignore function is updated to be worth using.

Gav's on it but has things to do first so i'm waiting patiently for the purge to come.

Truly impaired.

QED on 17:36 - Jun 5 with 779 viewsCoastalblue

QED on 17:35 - Jun 5 by grimboy

At risk of getting involved, I would suspect even your Mum struggled with that to be honest.

You seem to come on here armed with a two second fuse.

Hmmm, I'm involved now aren't I?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Chimpoutfacesitters on 17:37 - Jun 5 with 773 viewswkj

QED on 17:32 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Meat raffle coming up next.

Couple of gammons, good for roasting.

If only my boyfriend didn't use all the eggs and salad up

QED on 17:37 - Jun 5 with 767 viewsSpruceMoose

QED on 17:36 - Jun 5 by Coastalblue

At risk of getting involved, I would suspect even your Mum struggled with that to be honest.

Coastal be entering the arena like...

All these protesters .... on 17:38 - Jun 5 with 761 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Wow that's a lot of pages in a couple of hours.....#kettle on and takes a deep breath(but probably already knows, sigh!)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

All these protesters .... on 17:39 - Jun 5 with 756 viewsSpruceMoose

All these protesters .... on 17:38 - Jun 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Wow that's a lot of pages in a couple of hours.....#kettle on and takes a deep breath(but probably already knows, sigh!)

Show some solidarity brother. Join the resistance.

All these protesters .... on 17:39 - Jun 5 with 749 viewsGlasgowBlue

All these protesters .... on 17:25 - Jun 5 by wkj

I think you'll find J2 was asking glassers about his opinion on privatised health care

Oh! I thought he was asking why I voted leave.

If you look around the European mainland none of them copy the NHS yet their healthcare systems are more efficient and have better patient outcomes.

I think the NHS is a 20th century system of healthcare that isn't keeping up with the demands of a 21st century population.

We make NI contributions and pay tax and vast amounts of that are wasted when ploughed into the NHS. Most EU countries operate an insurance based system, so you're swapping taxation for premiums, with safety nets to ensure that the poorest in society still receive equal treatment.

I think it's time we had a national debate about healthcare in this country. The problem arises when having this debate when people make a binary argument between the NHS or the USA. The US system is appalling.

I also think that the NHS has been elevated to the status of religion so no mainstream politician would ever dare to even open up a debate on the subject.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 17:48]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

All these protesters .... on 17:43 - Jun 5 with 731 viewsCoastalblue

All these protesters .... on 17:39 - Jun 5 by GlasgowBlue

If you look around the European mainland none of them copy the NHS yet their healthcare systems are more efficient and have better patient outcomes.

I think the NHS is a 20th century system of healthcare that isn't keeping up with the demands of a 21st century population.

We make NI contributions and pay tax and vast amounts of that are wasted when ploughed into the NHS. Most EU countries operate an insurance based system, so you're swapping taxation for premiums, with safety nets to ensure that the poorest in society still receive equal treatment.

I think it's time we had a national debate about healthcare in this country. The problem arises when having this debate when people make a binary argument between the NHS or the USA. The US system is appalling.

I also think that the NHS has been elevated to the status of religion so no mainstream politician would ever dare to even open up a debate on the subject.

I very much agree with you on this, though I have to be honest and say I have little knowledge to back up my opinions and someone with some could probably shred my argument quite easily.

You're right though, the biggest issue is that the NHS is so emotive and seen as sacrosanct by many.

I should also say I've never had anything but amazing treatment from the NHS and it's staff.

QED on 17:43 - Jun 5 with 730 viewsGlasgowBlue

QED on 17:36 - Jun 5 by Coastalblue

Iron Lion Zion

All these protesters .... on 17:45 - Jun 5 with 713 viewswkj

All these protesters .... on 17:39 - Jun 5 by GlasgowBlue

I'm skeptical personally but atleast you agree the US system is shat as I can say first hand I had to pay 10grand in injuries from being hit in a parked car. Oh course my insurance payed the most of it but by the time I payed the deduct able (excess) I was missing the good old NHS. That said I wasn't on or close to a 6 figure salary then so that had a part to play in the hell

All these protesters .... on 17:47 - Jun 5 with 707 viewsGlasgowBlue

All these protesters .... on 17:43 - Jun 5 by Coastalblue

I very much agree with you on this, though I have to be honest and say I have little knowledge to back up my opinions and someone with some could probably shred my argument quite easily.

You're right though, the biggest issue is that the NHS is so emotive and seen as sacrosanct by many.

I should also say I've never had anything but amazing treatment from the NHS and it's staff.

Your last sentence is the other problem with this debate. Criticism of the NHS is revived as if it's criticism of the staff.

It isn't. They are overworked and underpaid and deserve to be working in a better funded environment.

I wish I hadn't started the debate as I've got parents evening tonight and it's not a discussion that can be done in a couple of posts.

Iron Lion Zion

QED on 17:49 - Jun 5 with 697 viewsBlueNomad

QED on 17:27 - Jun 5 by grimboy

Run along lad.your boring me now.

Phil,

These posts from grimboy have to stop. He is abusive and fails to enter into any rational discussion. I think this board will end up being boycotted by people who have had enough. That will be a shame because, until the past few months, the abuse on here could be accepted as just being a bit over the top at times (like being told you are an “idiot “ for arguing that Chambers, Knudsen and Skuse were not the worst players in the Championship when we were in the top half!)

I like many enjoy a bit of intelligent discussion laced with humour. The likes of grimboy are devoid of humour and this board is suffering for it on a daily basis.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 17:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024