Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans 18:32 - Jun 13 with 11350 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:19 - Jun 14 with 1644 viewsDarth_Koont

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:16 - Jun 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

When did you seamlessly move on to declaring JC an actual antisemite?

He's been tossing that out for over a year now.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:26 - Jun 14 with 1626 viewspickles110564

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:19 - Jun 14 by Darth_Koont

He's been tossing that out for over a year now.

Have they kicked out Pete yet? How long did they take to kick out AC?
Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:30 - Jun 14 with 1614 viewsDarth_Koont

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:26 - Jun 14 by pickles110564

Have they kicked out Pete yet? How long did they take to kick out AC?

AC's case was cut and dried as he confessed to something that breaks party rules. Willsman was talking about specific evidence as far as I could see so that deserves investigation.

I know this is the preferred tactic of those who shout the loudest, but it would be a terrible and unjust world if we abandoned all due process and objectivity in these matters.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:30 - Jun 14 with 1613 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 11:40 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

Do you have a list of the things JC has actually said? I appreciate his handling of antisemitism within the labour party has been woeful and I do wonder why that is, but I can't remember him talking about people with watermelon smiles etc.

OK, I’ve literally done this a zillion times however, here we go again. Awful things Corbyn has done and said.
Standing for a minute’s silence at a pro IRA rally to honour dead IRA terrorists who were killed by the security services whilst trying to blow up innocent civilians. For the benefit of doubt, when asked at the time why he did so he stated that he was “happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for an independent Ireland
This was at the time the IRA were blowing up innocent British kids outside of McDonalds.
If Boris had attended UVF rallies and honoured any of their dead terrorists I have no doubt you would quite rightly add that to his rap sheet of unpleasant actions.

Protested outside of the Old Bailey at the trial of an IRA murderer who killed 5 British citizens.

Share a platform with a wanted IRA terrorist who was on the run from security services after murdering a policeman.

Again, would you cut Boris any slack if he did the same for UVF terrorist?

Told British Jews in an audience that despite living here all of their lives they still don’t understand English irony. What would you say if Boris told members of the Muslim community in the audience at one of his events that despite living here all of their lives they still don’t understand English irony?

Caught out as a participating member in not one, but two secret Facebook groups where antisemitic content was regularly posted including on threads that Corbyn had contributed to.

If Boris had been caught being a member of a secret facebook group where Islamophobic content was regularly posted you would quite rightly hammer him for it. If it was found he was a member of two?

Defended a blatant antisemitic mural on the grounds of free speech. I think Boris used the same excuse last week over his letterbox comments. You can’t say nufink these daze without upsetting the PC brigade!!!

Lets see what Jezza had to say about Raed Salah’, an Islamist who has been accused of spreading the Blood Libel (an old antisemitic conspiracy that Jews use the blood of gentile children to make their bread). This nasty piece of work is a straight-up Jew hater.

Corbyn said in 2012, ‘Salah is far from a dangerous man’, even though Salah was first charged with inciting anti-Jewish racism and violence in January 2008.

Corbyn said ‘Salah is a very honoured citizen’, even though, as I said a couple of paragraphs up, that Salah was found guilty of spreading the blood libel.

Corbyn said: ‘Salah represents his people extremely well’, even though after 9/11 Salah wrote “ 4,000 Jews who work every day at the Twin Towers were warned to be absent from their work on September 11, 2001”.

Corbyn said ‘Salah’s is a voice that must be heard’ even though he has called homosexuality a ‘great crime’. Nice.

Imagine Boris speaking in glowing terms of somebody like Stephen Yaxley Lennon?

Corbyn wrote in defence of a vicar who suggested that 9/11 was an inside job by the Jews.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3191393/Jeremy-Corbyn-defended-controver

Corbyn invited Hamas and Hizbollah to Parliament and called them his ‘friends’. Bear in mind that Hamas’s Charter is explicitly genocidal. It makes it clear its supporters want to kill Jews and repeats Nazi conspiracy theories. Their founding Charter also rules out any peaceful solution to the Israeli-Palestine problem .

Corbyn was also a long-time backer of an anti-Israel group founded by Paul Eisen, attending its events long after Eisen had outed himself as a Holocaust denier. Eisen claims Corbyn donated money to him but Corbyn disputes this.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/20/jeremy-corbyns-10-year-association-g

The group run by Eisen, was suspended by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign over its anti-Semitism. Corbyn continued his support for Eisen’s DYR for a further six years.

I could give you loads more of this stuff but it would be a case of TL:DR. I could throw in the numerous “Hand of Israel” conspiracy theories he spouted whilst a paid presenter for Iranian state propaganda TV. A paid position he continued with whilst they were suppressing democracy, torturing journalists and murdering homosexuals for no other reason that the fact they were gay.

So that’s just a taster of the unpleasant words and deeds of Jeremy Corbyn.

Iron Lion Zion

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:32 - Jun 14 with 1607 viewspickles110564

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:30 - Jun 14 by Darth_Koont

AC's case was cut and dried as he confessed to something that breaks party rules. Willsman was talking about specific evidence as far as I could see so that deserves investigation.

I know this is the preferred tactic of those who shout the loudest, but it would be a terrible and unjust world if we abandoned all due process and objectivity in these matters.

What about the other high profile members of the Labour party that admitted the same?
He should have been kicked out there and then to send a message that hate speech is not allowed in the Labour Party.
Do you agree or not?
Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:35 - Jun 14 with 1595 viewsDarth_Koont

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:30 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

OK, I’ve literally done this a zillion times however, here we go again. Awful things Corbyn has done and said.
Standing for a minute’s silence at a pro IRA rally to honour dead IRA terrorists who were killed by the security services whilst trying to blow up innocent civilians. For the benefit of doubt, when asked at the time why he did so he stated that he was “happy to commemorate all those who died fighting for an independent Ireland
This was at the time the IRA were blowing up innocent British kids outside of McDonalds.
If Boris had attended UVF rallies and honoured any of their dead terrorists I have no doubt you would quite rightly add that to his rap sheet of unpleasant actions.

Protested outside of the Old Bailey at the trial of an IRA murderer who killed 5 British citizens.

Share a platform with a wanted IRA terrorist who was on the run from security services after murdering a policeman.

Told British Jews in an audience that despite living here all of their lives they still don’t understand English irony. What would you say if Boris told members of the Muslim community in the audience at one of his events that despite living here all of their lives they still don’t understand English irony?

Caught out as a participating member in not one, but two secret Facebook groups where antisemitic content was regularly posted including on threads that Corbyn had contributed to.

If Boris had been caught being a member of a secret facebook group where Islamophobic content was regularly posted you would quite rightly hammer him for it. If it was found he was a member of two?

Defended a blatant antisemitic mural on the grounds of free speech. I think Boris used the same excuse last week over his letterbox comments. You can’t say nufink these daze without upsetting the PC brigade!!!

Lets see what Jezza had to say about Raed Salah’, an Islamist who has been accused of spreading the Blood Libel (an old antisemitic conspiracy that Jews use the blood of gentile children to make their bread). This nasty piece of work is a straight-up Jew hater.

Corbyn said in 2012, ‘Salah is far from a dangerous man’, even though Salah was first charged with inciting anti-Jewish racism and violence in January 2008.

Corbyn said ‘Salah is a very honoured citizen’, even though, as I said a couple of paragraphs up, that Salah was found guilty of spreading the blood libel.

Corbyn said: ‘Salah represents his people extremely well’, even though after 9/11 Salah wrote “ 4,000 Jews who work every day at the Twin Towers were warned to be absent from their work on September 11, 2001”.

Corbyn said ‘Salah’s is a voice that must be heard’ even though he has called homosexuality a ‘great crime’. Nice.

Corbyn wrote in defence of a vicar who suggested that 9/11 was an inside job by the Jews.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3191393/Jeremy-Corbyn-defended-controver

Corbyn invited Hamas and Hizbollah to Parliament and called them his ‘friends’. Bear in mind that Hamas’s Charter is explicitly genocidal. It makes it clear its supporters want to kill Jews and repeats Nazi conspiracy theories. Their founding Charter also rules out any peaceful solution to the Israeli-Palestine problem .

Corbyn was also a long-time backer of an anti-Israel group founded by Paul Eisen, attending its events long after Eisen had outed himself as a Holocaust denier. Eisen claims Corbyn donated money to him but Corbyn disputes this.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/20/jeremy-corbyns-10-year-association-g

The group run by Eisen, was suspended by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign over its anti-Semitism. Corbyn continued his support for Eisen’s DYR for a further six years.

I could give you loads more of this stuff but it would be a case of TL:DR. I could throw in the numerous “Hand of Israel” conspiracy theories he spouted whilst a paid presenter for Iranian state propaganda TV. A paid position he continued with whilst they were suppressing democracy, torturing journalists and murdering homosexuals for no other reason that the fact they were gay.

Tenuous and smeary as per.

This is a pretty good look at things from another perspective:

http://www.dukeofhardrock.com/2019/03/31/the-sickening-orwellian-anti-semitic-we

Edit: And that's my lot for today. I'm sure there will just be the usual refusal to acknowledge evidence or address these opposing views so there's no point in pretending it's some sort of discussion.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 14:38]

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:37 - Jun 14 with 1594 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:16 - Jun 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

When did you seamlessly move on to declaring JC an actual antisemite?

About a year ago when the evidence became so convincing and people like Sir Trevor Phillips, the former head of the race relations board had the balls to say so in public.

Iron Lion Zion

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:37 - Jun 14 with 1593 viewsSpruceMoose

I don't wish to be rude, but all of the things you have listed are accompanied by your spin or take on them. I'm after direct quotes within the context they were used, and reports from independent media sources.

I could find these for Boris in 5 minutes, such is his prolific racism. If Corbyn is his equal, as you are suggesting, it should be that easy to find reports on his racist words and actions too. I have tried, but I haven't been able to turn much up.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:39 - Jun 14 with 1586 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:18 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

To the untrained observer it looks like that was when Boris started drawing some heat.

I'm genuinely interested in a bullet point list of Corbyn's antisemitic and racist behaviour though.

You’re seriously suggesting that I am calling Corbyn an antisemite to draw the heat from Boris?

Despite the number of posts I have made condemning Johnson’s Islamophobia and racist rhetoric?

Seriously? Perhaps I misjudged you recently. Has it all been an act?

Iron Lion Zion

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:40 - Jun 14 with 1575 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Got as far as I.R.A.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:42 - Jun 14 with 1567 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:39 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

You’re seriously suggesting that I am calling Corbyn an antisemite to draw the heat from Boris?

Despite the number of posts I have made condemning Johnson’s Islamophobia and racist rhetoric?

Seriously? Perhaps I misjudged you recently. Has it all been an act?

Forgive me, that is not what I am implying. Worded badly. No act here, I assure you (still waiting on a PM btw if you would need any NY tips for the trip).

I meant I hadn't seen you flat out call Corbyn an antisemite until today, so someone just ducking into the conversation could be forgiven for making that link. I fully admit it is possible I've missed the previous occasions.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:48 - Jun 14 with 1553 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:42 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

Forgive me, that is not what I am implying. Worded badly. No act here, I assure you (still waiting on a PM btw if you would need any NY tips for the trip).

I meant I hadn't seen you flat out call Corbyn an antisemite until today, so someone just ducking into the conversation could be forgiven for making that link. I fully admit it is possible I've missed the previous occasions.

But you have seen me flat out call Corbyn an antisemite. And I quoted Sir Trevor Phillips to you six or so months ago to back up my view to which you said STP wasn’t the only authority in who is or isn’t a racist.

The subject of me using AS to score political points sees the red mist descend when I have literally worn my heart on my sleeve for years about my family’s ethnicity and why this is important to me.

When people suggest I’m using it as a means to defend Boris it suggests I have used my family as a flag of convieniece, which is very upsetting. Hence I tend to lose it.

Still mean to send you the pm but have been pretty busy.

Ps I would never defend Johnson. I left the Tory party because of people like him.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 14:49]

Iron Lion Zion

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:56 - Jun 14 with 1533 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:48 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

But you have seen me flat out call Corbyn an antisemite. And I quoted Sir Trevor Phillips to you six or so months ago to back up my view to which you said STP wasn’t the only authority in who is or isn’t a racist.

The subject of me using AS to score political points sees the red mist descend when I have literally worn my heart on my sleeve for years about my family’s ethnicity and why this is important to me.

When people suggest I’m using it as a means to defend Boris it suggests I have used my family as a flag of convieniece, which is very upsetting. Hence I tend to lose it.

Still mean to send you the pm but have been pretty busy.

Ps I would never defend Johnson. I left the Tory party because of people like him.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 14:49]

I can of course understand why you would find that upsetting.

To me Corbyn and Johnson haven't been proved to be in the same league in terms of racism, that's all I'm saying. I'm also not saying that Corbyn isn't an antisemite, I just haven't seen enough to personally feel comfortable in declaring he is. I'm not saying you shouldn't draw that conclusion personally, but I think their is sufficient grey area still for a variety of opinions to exist.

I will tell you one thing, his handling of irrefutable antisemitism in the party is deeply worrying, angering and has been enough to 99.9% likely drive me away from the Labour Party.

Put it this way, Johnson is an out and proud racist who uses the fig leaf of bumbling humour to attempt to disguise it. I've not seen that from Corybn, yet, directly, in the things he says, to put them on the same level.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 15:02]

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:04 - Jun 14 with 1516 viewsfooters

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 11:09 - Jun 14 by footers

"It seems you have fallen into one of my carefully crafted ruses. An easy mistake for such an amateur. But now I have you in my trap, and it seems the better man has won."

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:05 - Jun 14 with 1511 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:56 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

I can of course understand why you would find that upsetting.

To me Corbyn and Johnson haven't been proved to be in the same league in terms of racism, that's all I'm saying. I'm also not saying that Corbyn isn't an antisemite, I just haven't seen enough to personally feel comfortable in declaring he is. I'm not saying you shouldn't draw that conclusion personally, but I think their is sufficient grey area still for a variety of opinions to exist.

I will tell you one thing, his handling of irrefutable antisemitism in the party is deeply worrying, angering and has been enough to 99.9% likely drive me away from the Labour Party.

Put it this way, Johnson is an out and proud racist who uses the fig leaf of bumbling humour to attempt to disguise it. I've not seen that from Corybn, yet, directly, in the things he says, to put them on the same level.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 15:02]

I’m quite happy to disagree with me. It’s a free country. It’s the constant questioning of my motives that I detest. I see it as a low blow and I’m pleased you understand why.

Iron Lion Zion

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:06 - Jun 14 with 1509 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:04 - Jun 14 by footers

"It seems you have fallen into one of my carefully crafted ruses. An easy mistake for such an amateur. But now I have you in my trap, and it seems the better man has won."

What does Shipman have to do with this?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:08 - Jun 14 with 1503 viewsfooters

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:06 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

What does Shipman have to do with this?

I'm trying to have a conversation with myself if you wouldn't mind butting out.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:10 - Jun 14 with 1496 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:08 - Jun 14 by footers

Sorry Pecker.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:21 - Jun 14 with 1470 viewsgordon

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:05 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

I’m quite happy to disagree with me. It’s a free country. It’s the constant questioning of my motives that I detest. I see it as a low blow and I’m pleased you understand why.

The reason people do question your motives here is because of how frequently you seek to highlight inconsistencies or supposed (or genuine) hypocrisy in other posters. This is just a discussion forum, we aren't standing for political office, so it's OK for people to sometimes hold conflicting views, to change their mind on things, or to be slightly inconsistent in the weight they attach to different societal problems or questions. That's just human nature.

If you want your posts to just be taken at face value (which I think is a reasonable desire), then equally you have to be more willing to take other people's posts on face value and not be quite so quick to try to undermine and find inconsistency in other people's views.

Not meant to single you out, there are certainly other people on the board who take a similar approach; indeed perhaps one or two of your favourite bêtes noires.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 15:22]
Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:24 - Jun 14 with 1462 viewsWeWereZombies

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 15:08 - Jun 14 by footers

Apologies, I thought that was a younger Navendra Modhi and was waiting for some startling revelation that Boris would have to forgo becoming Prime Minister due to a prior engagement to become India's first moonshot astronaut.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:41 - Oct 16 with 1131 viewsZedRodgers

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:43 - Jun 13 by footers

Iain Banks is Zed Rogers. Who knew.

We are all Zed, including the late and great Iain Banks.

No, not at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024