Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans 18:32 - Jun 13 with 11349 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:23 - Jun 14 with 2715 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:49 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Nice squirming, but that's pretty much what you're saying there (and what you've intimated on here for a while about anyone who supports Corbyn). Everyone can see it Glassers.

No it isn’t. You are putting both words and thoughts into my mouth and head.

I’m saying people are turning a blind eye to the issue when voting Labour which will result in putting an antisemite into number 10.That isn’t calling the voter an antisemite.

You picked the wrong side on this from the beginning and it does you no credit you have continually stuck with it despite the growing evidence.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 10:33]

Iron Lion Zion

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:27 - Jun 14 with 2710 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:01 - Jun 14 by Steve_M

"In fact, he has voted against every military action proposed by the UK government during his 35 years in Parliament."

That's not the endorsement you think it is given it involved turning a blind eye to Serbian ethnic cleansing in Kosovo.

And coming to the aid of the Yazidis being raped tortured, sold into slavery and beheaded by ISIS.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 10:29]

Iron Lion Zion

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:28 - Jun 14 with 2706 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:01 - Jun 14 by Steve_M

"In fact, he has voted against every military action proposed by the UK government during his 35 years in Parliament."

That's not the endorsement you think it is given it involved turning a blind eye to Serbian ethnic cleansing in Kosovo.

Not the point I'm making... but anyway, the action was carried out without the backing of the UN and Corbyn stated at the time it could have been dealt with "in a different way".

Looking for a different solution isn't "turning a blind eye."

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:30 - Jun 14 with 2697 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:15 - Jun 14 by Josebadleg

To fight for peace means dialogues with both sides of the conflict. All he's done is chosen one side (normally anti western position). As someone has pointed out he was against intervention in Kosovo, his support for the IRA did more to hinder than help so that's why I have down voted.

You're incorrect on pretty much every point there.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:32 - Jun 14 with 2688 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:23 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

No it isn’t. You are putting both words and thoughts into my mouth and head.

I’m saying people are turning a blind eye to the issue when voting Labour which will result in putting an antisemite into number 10.That isn’t calling the voter an antisemite.

You picked the wrong side on this from the beginning and it does you no credit you have continually stuck with it despite the growing evidence.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 10:33]

Why does it do me no credit that I want a better and fairer society?

I'm pretty confident that isn't picking the wrong side, especially when the alternative is to stick with what the Tories have served up these past few years.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:33 - Jun 14 with 2682 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:27 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

And coming to the aid of the Yazidis being raped tortured, sold into slavery and beheaded by ISIS.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 10:29]

See my point to Steve.

And you're also avoiding the point I'm making that Corbyn is a man of peace.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:34 - Jun 14 with 2681 viewsStokieBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:28 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Not the point I'm making... but anyway, the action was carried out without the backing of the UN and Corbyn stated at the time it could have been dealt with "in a different way".

Looking for a different solution isn't "turning a blind eye."

What different way?

They were literally rounding them up and killing them. There wasn't time for years of dialogue with a side who aren't really interested in having a dialogue.

They didn't have the backing of the UN because China and Russia said they would use their veto so I don't think that's a valid criticism. You should be asking why China and Russia didn't care about what was going on.

This isn't a case where there can be debate on whether it was going on. The evidence was an is overwhelming that it happened hence the subsequent war crimes trials.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 10:35]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:35 - Jun 14 with 2675 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:34 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

What different way?

They were literally rounding them up and killing them. There wasn't time for years of dialogue with a side who aren't really interested in having a dialogue.

They didn't have the backing of the UN because China and Russia said they would use their veto so I don't think that's a valid criticism. You should be asking why China and Russia didn't care about what was going on.

This isn't a case where there can be debate on whether it was going on. The evidence was an is overwhelming that it happened hence the subsequent war crimes trials.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 10:35]

FFS, this is a different debate. I don't know what the different way is.

You and others have jumped on a side issue to the main point, that Corbyn is a man of peace.

Login to get fewer ads

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:39 - Jun 14 with 2663 viewsStokieBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:35 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

You and others have jumped on a side issue to the main point, that Corbyn is a man of peace.

I haven't jumped on Corbyn, I've not even mentioned him.

I am just saying this isn't a good example to use - it was entirely right for NATO to launch military action.

Unfortunately peace doesn't always work if the other side aren't going to listen and carry on killing people based on their ethnicity. Sometimes one has to see that and make decisions accordingly.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:39 - Jun 14 with 2660 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:32 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Why does it do me no credit that I want a better and fairer society?

I'm pretty confident that isn't picking the wrong side, especially when the alternative is to stick with what the Tories have served up these past few years.

Again you are being selective. You picked your side in the antisemitism scandal.

Your fairer society will come at a cost to an ethnic minority.. you don’t seem that bothered.

Iron Lion Zion

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:42 - Jun 14 with 2646 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:39 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

I haven't jumped on Corbyn, I've not even mentioned him.

I am just saying this isn't a good example to use - it was entirely right for NATO to launch military action.

Unfortunately peace doesn't always work if the other side aren't going to listen and carry on killing people based on their ethnicity. Sometimes one has to see that and make decisions accordingly.

SB

I have't said you've jumped on Corbyn.

I have made no comment on what was happening in Kosovo.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:46 - Jun 14 with 2636 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:39 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

Again you are being selective. You picked your side in the antisemitism scandal.

Your fairer society will come at a cost to an ethnic minority.. you don’t seem that bothered.

It's not about sides. Everyone should be against antisemitism. An ethnic minority being at risk due to Labour getting into power is emotive nonsense. It's scare tactics. What happened in 1930s Germany will not happen in this country now.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:48 - Jun 14 with 2633 viewsWeWereZombies

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:35 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

I do think there is a point to be answered here. Does being absolutist about your pacifism mean that you are also a man of inaction? Better no doubt than being a sabre rattler ready to go to war at the drop of a hat but, as has been pointed out, also an 'easy touch' who can be pushed aside by whichever armed force needs the patch of ground you currently stand upon.

Or can you be a full on active pacifist? Making your move before the combatants have even got in position and thus frustrating their aggression, being a proponent of the most overt non-violent resistance and finding the most effective ways to ensure non-compliance with what you identify as likely to cause conflict?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 11:07 - Jun 14 with 2612 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:48 - Jun 14 by WeWereZombies

I do think there is a point to be answered here. Does being absolutist about your pacifism mean that you are also a man of inaction? Better no doubt than being a sabre rattler ready to go to war at the drop of a hat but, as has been pointed out, also an 'easy touch' who can be pushed aside by whichever armed force needs the patch of ground you currently stand upon.

Or can you be a full on active pacifist? Making your move before the combatants have even got in position and thus frustrating their aggression, being a proponent of the most overt non-violent resistance and finding the most effective ways to ensure non-compliance with what you identify as likely to cause conflict?

Absolutely the second one, yes.

To your first point, Corbyn agreed with WW2. It's in the BBC article I linked.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 11:09 - Jun 14 with 2606 viewsfooters

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 11:14 - Jun 14 with 2596 viewspickles110564

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 02:29 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

Are you bothered by the awful stuff Johnson has spent his life saying? Should that rule him out?

Should have all the awful stuff Corbyn has done rule him out?
Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 11:15 - Jun 14 with 2588 viewsGeoffSentence

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 22:24 - Jun 13 by baxterbasics

Rory is definitely one to watch, I hope his time will come. But that time needs to be post-Brexit, because if they don't see it through we won't be having another Tory admin for a long time.

Based on that.

Rory For PM now!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 11:40 - Jun 14 with 2548 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 07:43 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness mate you recently posted that you would vote Labour at the next GE so you’re willing to turn a blind eye to the awful things JC has said and done over the years.

I don’t think anyone who is willing to vote Corbyn has any moral authority to criticise people who would vote Johnson.

Two awful people who would be a complete and utter disaster for our country.

Do you have a list of the things JC has actually said? I appreciate his handling of antisemitism within the labour party has been woeful and I do wonder why that is, but I can't remember him talking about people with watermelon smiles etc.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 11:43 - Jun 14 with 2539 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 11:14 - Jun 14 by pickles110564

Should have all the awful stuff Corbyn has done rule him out?

What stuff? Tell me and I'll give you my opinion.

Could you answer about Johnson please?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 11:53 - Jun 14 with 2520 viewsgiant_stow

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:12 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

Whatever way you look at it dubbbers a vote for labour is a vote to put an antisemite into No 10.

Your view may be that a Labour government will be better for the country as a whole but should the Btish Jewish community be chucked under a bus to achieve that?

I think the Tories are still a better option than a far left labour government but it would be inconceivable for me to vote Tory whilst the people involved in the DUP deal were still running the show or if an Islamophobia like Johnson was leader. Even if Rory became leader I couldn’t vote for him until he’d purged the party of the far right wing thinking that has taken hold.

Nick Griffin, the leader of the last party to be fully investigated by the EHRC for racial discrimination, had some very traditional Labour policies (including nationalisation of the utilities, withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan) in the BNP manifesto a few years back. You wouldn’t have considered voting BNP because of the racism so I’m struggling to understand anyone who could tick the Labour box whilst the EHRC investigation is taking place or Corbyn, Milne etc have hold the levers of power in Labour.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 8:19]

"Whatever way you look at it dubbbers a vote for labour is a vote to put an antisemite into No 10. "

This doesn't seem fair to me. You know that I've argued alongside you many times about this whole affair, but what am I to do when my local labour MP has been vocal in fighting back against the antisemites and Brexit loons? Ignore her efforts to counter-balance the sh1te in the labour party and reward her with a vote for a Liberal? That just wouldn't be right.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 12:10 - Jun 14 with 2485 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 11:40 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

Do you have a list of the things JC has actually said? I appreciate his handling of antisemitism within the labour party has been woeful and I do wonder why that is, but I can't remember him talking about people with watermelon smiles etc.

The answer is Corbyn hasn't said anything of the sort, but because Boris is a bumbling fool he gets away with it.

If anyone else had said some of the stuff Boris says they wouldn't even be allowed to stand as an MP, let alone be in the running for PM.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 12:12 - Jun 14 with 2479 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 12:10 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

The answer is Corbyn hasn't said anything of the sort, but because Boris is a bumbling fool he gets away with it.

If anyone else had said some of the stuff Boris says they wouldn't even be allowed to stand as an MP, let alone be in the running for PM.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 12:16 - Jun 14 with 2468 viewsfooters

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 12:12 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

I'm inclined to agree with you.

I wonder what Paul Lambert would think of all this.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:16 - Jun 14 with 2413 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:12 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

Whatever way you look at it dubbbers a vote for labour is a vote to put an antisemite into No 10.

Your view may be that a Labour government will be better for the country as a whole but should the Btish Jewish community be chucked under a bus to achieve that?

I think the Tories are still a better option than a far left labour government but it would be inconceivable for me to vote Tory whilst the people involved in the DUP deal were still running the show or if an Islamophobia like Johnson was leader. Even if Rory became leader I couldn’t vote for him until he’d purged the party of the far right wing thinking that has taken hold.

Nick Griffin, the leader of the last party to be fully investigated by the EHRC for racial discrimination, had some very traditional Labour policies (including nationalisation of the utilities, withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan) in the BNP manifesto a few years back. You wouldn’t have considered voting BNP because of the racism so I’m struggling to understand anyone who could tick the Labour box whilst the EHRC investigation is taking place or Corbyn, Milne etc have hold the levers of power in Labour.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 8:19]

When did you seamlessly move on to declaring JC an actual antisemite?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:18 - Jun 14 with 2408 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 14:16 - Jun 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

When did you seamlessly move on to declaring JC an actual antisemite?

To the untrained observer it looks like that was when Boris started drawing some heat.

I'm genuinely interested in a bullet point list of Corbyn's antisemitic and racist behaviour though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024