Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans 18:32 - Jun 13 with 11355 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 22:24 - Jun 13 with 3122 viewsbaxterbasics

Rory is definitely one to watch, I hope his time will come. But that time needs to be post-Brexit, because if they don't see it through we won't be having another Tory admin for a long time.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 23:08 - Jun 13 with 3075 viewssparks

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 21:25 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

I would recommend you not to tangle with 'A Song of Stone' then.

Or Use of Weapons. Possibly my favourite.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 23:09 - Jun 13 with 3073 viewspickles110564

Glad his outburst has come out in time to rule him out.
Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 23:17 - Jun 13 with 3065 viewsWeWereZombies

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 23:09 - Jun 13 by pickles110564

Don't be so sure, from the sound of that clip he is about to use some of his old Army contacts to block Boris...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 02:29 - Jun 14 with 3025 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 23:09 - Jun 13 by pickles110564

Are you bothered by the awful stuff Johnson has spent his life saying? Should that rule him out?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 06:55 - Jun 14 with 2997 viewsWeWereZombies

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 21:56 - Jun 13 by BlueBadger

Christ, it's unreadably bleak, is that one.

I have a theory, which I have not been so ghoulish as to Google, that he must have written 'A Song of Stone' after he got an initial diagnosis for the cancer which he announced sixteen or so years later. How he starts that book with things already looking almost as bad as they can get, and then they get worse...and worse...and worse. Later on it goes much more downhill. As you say, bleak but so well written and paced.

Or maybe he just overheard a conversation in an Edinburgh pub and fleshed it out a bit.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 07:02 - Jun 14 with 2990 viewsDubtractor

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 02:29 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

Are you bothered by the awful stuff Johnson has spent his life saying? Should that rule him out?

You know the answer to that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 07:43 - Jun 14 with 2968 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 07:02 - Jun 14 by Dubtractor

You know the answer to that.

In fairness mate you recently posted that you would vote Labour at the next GE so you’re willing to turn a blind eye to the awful things JC has said and done over the years.

I don’t think anyone who is willing to vote Corbyn has any moral authority to criticise people who would vote Johnson.

Two awful people who would be a complete and utter disaster for our country.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 07:47 - Jun 14 with 2960 viewsDubtractor

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 07:43 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

In fairness mate you recently posted that you would vote Labour at the next GE so you’re willing to turn a blind eye to the awful things JC has said and done over the years.

I don’t think anyone who is willing to vote Corbyn has any moral authority to criticise people who would vote Johnson.

Two awful people who would be a complete and utter disaster for our country.

That's a slight misrepresentation of my position in fairness, though based on a very brief exchange so I can see why.

I think that Corbyn is hugely flawed, his lack of action on a number of issues is a problem, no doubt about it, but my decision (just about) to still support is because I believe Labour to be the best option. I would still rather a Labour party with a leader more to the centre left. My support is more for Labour than for Corbyn.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:03 - Jun 14 with 2943 viewsSteve_M

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 22:24 - Jun 13 by baxterbasics

Rory is definitely one to watch, I hope his time will come. But that time needs to be post-Brexit, because if they don't see it through we won't be having another Tory admin for a long time.

If they do see it through without a sensible withdrawal there won't be another Tory government for a long time. But because any sort of sensible deal involves compromise it will be deemed not proper Brexit by the zealots.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:12 - Jun 14 with 2930 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 07:47 - Jun 14 by Dubtractor

That's a slight misrepresentation of my position in fairness, though based on a very brief exchange so I can see why.

I think that Corbyn is hugely flawed, his lack of action on a number of issues is a problem, no doubt about it, but my decision (just about) to still support is because I believe Labour to be the best option. I would still rather a Labour party with a leader more to the centre left. My support is more for Labour than for Corbyn.

Whatever way you look at it dubbbers a vote for labour is a vote to put an antisemite into No 10.

Your view may be that a Labour government will be better for the country as a whole but should the Btish Jewish community be chucked under a bus to achieve that?

I think the Tories are still a better option than a far left labour government but it would be inconceivable for me to vote Tory whilst the people involved in the DUP deal were still running the show or if an Islamophobia like Johnson was leader. Even if Rory became leader I couldn’t vote for him until he’d purged the party of the far right wing thinking that has taken hold.

Nick Griffin, the leader of the last party to be fully investigated by the EHRC for racial discrimination, had some very traditional Labour policies (including nationalisation of the utilities, withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan) in the BNP manifesto a few years back. You wouldn’t have considered voting BNP because of the racism so I’m struggling to understand anyone who could tick the Labour box whilst the EHRC investigation is taking place or Corbyn, Milne etc have hold the levers of power in Labour.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 8:19]

Iron Lion Zion

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:37 - Jun 14 with 2901 viewsBlueBadger

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 06:55 - Jun 14 by WeWereZombies

I have a theory, which I have not been so ghoulish as to Google, that he must have written 'A Song of Stone' after he got an initial diagnosis for the cancer which he announced sixteen or so years later. How he starts that book with things already looking almost as bad as they can get, and then they get worse...and worse...and worse. Later on it goes much more downhill. As you say, bleak but so well written and paced.

Or maybe he just overheard a conversation in an Edinburgh pub and fleshed it out a bit.

I doubt it's that. Gallbladder cancer is notoriously difficult to diagnose and can often only truly shows itself for what it is very late in the day.
The Balkan Civil War and JG ballard are cited here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Stone

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:46 - Jun 14 with 2897 viewsSteve_M

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:12 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

Whatever way you look at it dubbbers a vote for labour is a vote to put an antisemite into No 10.

Your view may be that a Labour government will be better for the country as a whole but should the Btish Jewish community be chucked under a bus to achieve that?

I think the Tories are still a better option than a far left labour government but it would be inconceivable for me to vote Tory whilst the people involved in the DUP deal were still running the show or if an Islamophobia like Johnson was leader. Even if Rory became leader I couldn’t vote for him until he’d purged the party of the far right wing thinking that has taken hold.

Nick Griffin, the leader of the last party to be fully investigated by the EHRC for racial discrimination, had some very traditional Labour policies (including nationalisation of the utilities, withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan) in the BNP manifesto a few years back. You wouldn’t have considered voting BNP because of the racism so I’m struggling to understand anyone who could tick the Labour box whilst the EHRC investigation is taking place or Corbyn, Milne etc have hold the levers of power in Labour.

There aren't any good options though are there? The Tories are heading for their own EHRC investigation given they've taken charges of Islamophobia with the same serious that Corbyn has looked into antisemitism.

Neither is fit for purpose.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:48 - Jun 14 with 2893 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:12 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

Labour having a problem with antisemitism doesn't make Corbyn an antisemite. A man who's fought for peace all his life isn't going to become a racist overnight.

You used to say you didn't believe he was an antisemite. Now he's in danger of getting in you're claiming he is.

Claiming anyone who votes Labour is throwing the jewish community under the bus is as offensive as the Tories old' "If you want a [redacted] for a neighbour, vote Liberal or Labour".

By all means call out actual antisemites. You know - people actually proven to be antisemites. But to accuse decent, ordinary people of antisemitism simply for believing in the policies of Labour and wanting rid of a Conservative government that only seems to care about the elite, is disgusting.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:49 - Jun 14 with 2889 viewschicoazul

Has the stupid mendacious fat shtbag said on the record he would do such a thing?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:58 - Jun 14 with 2861 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:48 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Labour having a problem with antisemitism doesn't make Corbyn an antisemite. A man who's fought for peace all his life isn't going to become a racist overnight.

You used to say you didn't believe he was an antisemite. Now he's in danger of getting in you're claiming he is.

Claiming anyone who votes Labour is throwing the jewish community under the bus is as offensive as the Tories old' "If you want a [redacted] for a neighbour, vote Liberal or Labour".

By all means call out actual antisemites. You know - people actually proven to be antisemites. But to accuse decent, ordinary people of antisemitism simply for believing in the policies of Labour and wanting rid of a Conservative government that only seems to care about the elite, is disgusting.

Could you point out where I have “accuse decent, ordinary people of antisemitism simply for believing in the policies of Labour and wanting rid of a Conservative government”.

And yes Corbyn is an antisemite.

Iron Lion Zion

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:09 - Jun 14 with 2838 viewslowhouseblue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:48 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

i do think you've lost this one. the ehrc investigation is happening because of the total institutional failure under corbyn's leadership to tackle a wide spread problem. all objective observers can see that to be the case.

and however many times you say 'a man who's fought for peace all his life isn't going to become a racist overnight.' doesn't make it true.

some of us had actually heard of corbyn before 2015 so rewriting history won't wash i'm afraid.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:14 - Jun 14 with 2825 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:58 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

Could you point out where I have “accuse decent, ordinary people of antisemitism simply for believing in the policies of Labour and wanting rid of a Conservative government”.

And yes Corbyn is an antisemite.

"a vote for labour is a vote to put an antisemite into No 10.

Your view may be that a Labour government will be better for the country as a whole but should the Btish Jewish community be chucked under a bus to achieve that?"

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:16 - Jun 14 with 2816 viewsWeWereZombies

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 08:49 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Has the stupid mendacious fat shtbag said on the record he would do such a thing?

You will have to put up with what those close to him say he has said in private:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-won-t-rule-out-suspending-parli

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:22 - Jun 14 with 2800 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:09 - Jun 14 by lowhouseblue

i do think you've lost this one. the ehrc investigation is happening because of the total institutional failure under corbyn's leadership to tackle a wide spread problem. all objective observers can see that to be the case.

and however many times you say 'a man who's fought for peace all his life isn't going to become a racist overnight.' doesn't make it true.

some of us had actually heard of corbyn before 2015 so rewriting history won't wash i'm afraid.

Corbyn's failure to adequately deal with some nutters who joined the Labour party doesn't make him an antisemite.

He has fought for peace all his life. There's a tonne of evidence for it.

"Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has spent his life campaigning for peace and speaking out against military action.

He was one of the UK's leading campaigners against the 2003 Iraq war - and also voted against British involvement in military action in Afghanistan and Libya.

In fact, he has voted against every military action proposed by the UK government during his 35 years in Parliament."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43737547

I know you'd say anything to discredit him, but them's the facts.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:43 - Jun 14 with 2777 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:14 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

"a vote for labour is a vote to put an antisemite into No 10.

Your view may be that a Labour government will be better for the country as a whole but should the Btish Jewish community be chucked under a bus to achieve that?"

So I didn’t “accuse decent, ordinary people of antisemitism simply for believing in the policies of Labour and wanting rid of a Conservative government”.

Thanks for confirming.

Iron Lion Zion

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:49 - Jun 14 with 2768 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:43 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

So I didn’t “accuse decent, ordinary people of antisemitism simply for believing in the policies of Labour and wanting rid of a Conservative government”.

Thanks for confirming.

Nice squirming, but that's pretty much what you're saying there (and what you've intimated on here for a while about anyone who supports Corbyn). Everyone can see it Glassers.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:50 - Jun 14 with 2759 viewsBrixtonBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:22 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Corbyn's failure to adequately deal with some nutters who joined the Labour party doesn't make him an antisemite.

"Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has spent his life campaigning for peace and speaking out against military action.

He was one of the UK's leading campaigners against the 2003 Iraq war - and also voted against British involvement in military action in Afghanistan and Libya.

In fact, he has voted against every military action proposed by the UK government during his 35 years in Parliament."

Given I've posted nothing but facts, I'd love for my downarrowers to explain themselves.

Unless you're alt-logins of Lowhouse and Glassers of course.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:01 - Jun 14 with 2726 viewsSteve_M

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:22 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

"In fact, he has voted against every military action proposed by the UK government during his 35 years in Parliament."

That's not the endorsement you think it is given it involved turning a blind eye to Serbian ethnic cleansing in Kosovo.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 10:15 - Jun 14 with 2704 viewsJosebadleg

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 09:50 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Given I've posted nothing but facts, I'd love for my downarrowers to explain themselves.

Unless you're alt-logins of Lowhouse and Glassers of course.

To fight for peace means dialogues with both sides of the conflict. All he's done is chosen one side (normally anti western position). As someone has pointed out he was against intervention in Kosovo, his support for the IRA did more to hinder than help so that's why I have down voted.

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024