Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? 14:08 - Jun 17 with 24167 viewsSpruceMoose

It's a yes from me.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:12 - Jun 17 with 4827 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We don't even have the prospect of having one that believes in doing anything other than for themselves.

As atheist as I am, at least having a PM that believed in God would leave us to hope they believed in some basic principals we can all get on board with, like compassion, thought, consequences or sharing.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:15 - Jun 17 with 4780 viewsHerbivore

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:12 - Jun 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

We don't even have the prospect of having one that believes in doing anything other than for themselves.

As atheist as I am, at least having a PM that believed in God would leave us to hope they believed in some basic principals we can all get on board with, like compassion, thought, consequences or sharing.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is openly religious and he displays none of those traits.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:16 - Jun 17 with 4809 viewsSpruceMoose

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:12 - Jun 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The religious folk I know don't seem to possess those good qualities you mentioned though. Or, they do, just so long as you're living life in a manner they approve of.

#Murica

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:18 - Jun 17 with 4792 viewschicoazul

Why would it bother you? Would you rather they werent so open about it a la Blair for e.g.? What's wrong with people expressing their beliefs anyway? Doesnt seem to stop atheists.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:20 - Jun 17 with 4756 viewsHerbivore

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:18 - Jun 17 by chicoazul

Why would it bother you? Would you rather they werent so open about it a la Blair for e.g.? What's wrong with people expressing their beliefs anyway? Doesnt seem to stop atheists.

Atheism isn't a belief. I can't believe you STILL don't get this.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:20 - Jun 17 with 4783 viewsSpruceMoose

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:18 - Jun 17 by chicoazul

Please don't derail this. Time and again you've had it explained to you that atheism isn't a belief.

My issue with it is that I want a PM to answer to the citizens, not an imaginary higher power

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:22 - Jun 17 with 4763 viewsgiant_stow

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:20 - Jun 17 by Herbivore

I too have trouble with that, same as chico. Mouse, what bothers you about it?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:22 - Jun 17 with 4765 viewsSpruceMoose

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:20 - Jun 17 by Herbivore

Not collecting stamps isn't a hobby.

Login to get fewer ads

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:22 - Jun 17 with 4762 viewschicoazul

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:20 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

Please don't derail this. Time and again you've had it explained to you that atheism isn't a belief.

My issue with it is that I want a PM to answer to the citizens, not an imaginary higher power

So you aren't a fan of Sadiq Khan for instance? Or Justin Trudeau? Or Angela Merkel?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:23 - Jun 17 with 4759 viewsSpruceMoose

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:22 - Jun 17 by giant_stow

I too have trouble with that, same as chico. Mouse, what bothers you about it?

See above. I would like policy guided by rationality not superstition.

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:24 - Jun 17 with 4748 viewsSpruceMoose

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:22 - Jun 17 by chicoazul

So you aren't a fan of Sadiq Khan for instance? Or Justin Trudeau? Or Angela Merkel?

Not especially. Or at least I'd like them more if they didn't believe in nonsense.

I blame the parents. Brainwashing innit.

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:25 - Jun 17 with 4738 viewschicoazul

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:24 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

Not especially. Or at least I'd like them more if they didn't believe in nonsense.

I blame the parents. Brainwashing innit.

Hhmmm.

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:26 - Jun 17 with 4731 viewsSpruceMoose

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:25 - Jun 17 by chicoazul

Hhmmm.

Thought you had me there didn't you, me old fruity?

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:26 - Jun 17 with 4729 viewsgiant_stow

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:23 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

Apologies my man, but I think that comment reveals a fundamental misunderstanding of most religious people. No matter though, off to a meeting, so just dipping a toe in this one for now at least.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:27 - Jun 17 with 4722 viewschicoazul

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:23 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

Can you give examples of policy guided by rationality that you like?

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:28 - Jun 17 with 4716 viewsSpruceMoose

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:26 - Jun 17 by giant_stow

Apologies my man, but I think that comment reveals a fundamental misunderstanding of most religious people. No matter though, off to a meeting, so just dipping a toe in this one for now at least.

I'm sorry if it offends you, I'm sure many religious folk are decent. Until you do something they disapprove of.

Irrational beliefs should have no place in public policy debate.

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:28 - Jun 17 with 4715 viewschicoazul

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:26 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

Thought you had me there didn't you, me old fruity?

I promise that "having you" is not on my mind. I find these debates from atheist perspectives very interesting and informative.

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:28 - Jun 17 with 4713 viewshoppy

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:26 - Jun 17 by giant_stow

Good job you've got extra toes and can do that at will...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:28 - Jun 17 with 4713 viewsSpruceMoose

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:27 - Jun 17 by chicoazul

Can you give examples of policy guided by rationality that you like?

Yes.

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:28 - Jun 17 with 4711 viewsFtnfwest

how about a london mayor?
Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:29 - Jun 17 with 4707 viewsSpruceMoose

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:28 - Jun 17 by Ftnfwest

how about a london mayor?

Covered that already.

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:29 - Jun 17 with 4702 viewsSpruceMoose

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:28 - Jun 17 by chicoazul

I promise that "having you" is not on my mind. I find these debates from atheist perspectives very interesting and informative.

Glad to hear it. A pleasant discussion would be most welcome.

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:30 - Jun 17 with 4696 viewschicoazul

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:29 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

Glad to hear it. A pleasant discussion would be most welcome.

agreed. So will you provide the examples I asked for?

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:33 - Jun 17 with 4671 viewsFtnfwest

Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:29 - Jun 17 by SpruceMoose

Covered that already.

scanning things too quickly! i'm going back to work!
Would it bother you to have a PM who openly believed in God? on 14:33 - Jun 17 with 4672 viewsbobwya

We have had a PM for the last 3 years who openly believes in God. Apart from the obvious concerns about her as PM have you been concerned about that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024