Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The other side of the story ... 15:25 - Jul 2 with 8130 viewsDarth_Koont

I'll not make a further comment on this thread but thought it would be useful to at least link to this which highlights the other view of the Labour Antisemitism crisis.

Watch it, skim it, ignore it, savage it, downvote it. But remember that almost all the contributors are Jewish. Even if they're very rarely referred to as Jewish when they're mentioned in the media or being attacked as anti-semites by the self-styled spokespeople of the "Jewish community".

[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 15:29]

Pronouns: He/Him

The other side of the story ... on 12:16 - Jul 3 with 2133 viewsSpruceMoose

The other side of the story ... on 12:12 - Jul 3 by pickles110564

What credibility? He has none.

If just like to pause for a moment and enjoy the delicious irony of you, the naked did he or didn't he vote orc, talking about credibility.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The other side of the story ... on 12:28 - Jul 3 with 2114 viewsDarth_Koont

The other side of the story ... on 12:14 - Jul 3 by Steve_M

Some people's experience of racism comes under "baseless opinions" does it?

?

I'm talking about your baseless opinion of a point of view and facts you just won't investigate. It's Brexiteer-like.

The other side of the story ... on 12:34 - Jul 3 with 2086 viewsDarth_Koont

The other side of the story ... on 12:15 - Jul 3 by Ryorry

Maybe some of those people "spouting off" have actually experienced anti-Semitism themselves (I know for a fact that at least two have), and are therefore unfortunately all too well aware of the problem. You seem to be talking as someone who never actually has.

Your arrogance in this reply highlights why you never get anywhere in trying to persuade people over to your point of view on the subject, which you post regularly on. People have physical problems with the small screen, as I do, and are not going to spend an hour on a rare sunny summer weekday morning watching it. I asked you to post a transcript*, all you replied with was a snide comment "But the responses as they do everything but watch the thing or address other links I've given them are very revealing and damning."

*You could also try to find it on iPlayer or similar

We're not talking about their legitimate views of what they've experienced, we're talking about the legitimate views and experiences of the Jewish people in the film. Why are their views irrelevant and being ignored?

Here's the link on Vimeo. Just copy and paste it into your browser and take out the dash in "vimeo"

https://vim-eo.com/324402664

The other side of the story ... on 12:35 - Jul 3 with 2079 viewsbrazil1982

The other side of the story ... on 10:12 - Jul 3 by caught-in-limbo

You've been around long enough to know how these threads work.

Those who share your view may watch the linked video, but at over an hour, it's unlikely.

Those who don't share your view won't watch more than 2 minutes.

You won't change anyone's mind/stance with posts like this.

Dk wants people to watch it, disagree with his POV, so he can start arguments again. Despite stating he wouldn't comment again.
The other side of the story ... on 12:40 - Jul 3 with 2072 viewsDarth_Koont

The other side of the story ... on 12:35 - Jul 3 by brazil1982

Dk wants people to watch it, disagree with his POV, so he can start arguments again. Despite stating he wouldn't comment again.

No, I don't.

(By the way, do you want the 5-minute argument or the full half-hour?)

I'm just amazed people can't even watch or read any of this. Certainly they're never going to address it if they do. And, of course, the main protagonists on here have seen it.

The other side of the story ... on 12:41 - Jul 3 with 2069 viewsSteve_M

The other side of the story ... on 12:28 - Jul 3 by Darth_Koont

?

I'm talking about your baseless opinion of a point of view and facts you just won't investigate. It's Brexiteer-like.

That there is anti-semitism within the left, and specifically the Labour Party means that people there need to take action against it. For the last two years the Labour leadership has vacillated over this issue, repeatedly refusing to take action until forced to by the weight of MPs demands. Some other people saying that racism doesn't exist or isn't that serious doesn't change that however much you want it to.

That's the point and that's not a baseless opinion either.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The other side of the story ... on 12:45 - Jul 3 with 2057 viewsDarth_Koont

The other side of the story ... on 12:41 - Jul 3 by Steve_M

That there is anti-semitism within the left, and specifically the Labour Party means that people there need to take action against it. For the last two years the Labour leadership has vacillated over this issue, repeatedly refusing to take action until forced to by the weight of MPs demands. Some other people saying that racism doesn't exist or isn't that serious doesn't change that however much you want it to.

"Some other people saying that racism doesn't exist or isn't that serious doesn't change that however much you want it to."

Well, it sort of does. That's the point. And by the way, I don't think anyone's saying that racism doesn't exist so please let's not play those games to dismiss a separate weaponisation aspect and political battle.

Edit: Your opinion on these people here is baseless as you haven't seen the film.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 12:46]

The other side of the story ... on 12:46 - Jul 3 with 2054 viewsjeera

The other side of the story ... on 12:12 - Jul 3 by pickles110564

What credibility? He has none.

That is meaningless coming from you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

The other side of the story ... on 13:17 - Jul 3 with 1996 viewsBluesquid

The other side of the story ... on 12:41 - Jul 3 by Steve_M

Steve, during Miliband's time as leader why did the Labour party face desertion by Jewish donors and supporters?
The other side of the story ... on 13:23 - Jul 3 with 1981 viewsSteve_M

The other side of the story ... on 13:17 - Jul 3 by Bluesquid

Steve, during Miliband's time as leader why did the Labour party face desertion by Jewish donors and supporters?

I don't know that it did but the insidious anti-semitism on the left may well be a factor, it certainly pre-dates Corbyn.

The other side of the story ... on 13:36 - Jul 3 with 1955 viewsBluesquid

The other side of the story ... on 13:23 - Jul 3 by Steve_M

I don't know that it did but the insidious anti-semitism on the left may well be a factor, it certainly pre-dates Corbyn.

No it wasn't because of anti-semitism, it was down to Miliband's stance on Palestine.

"Ed Miliband was on a collision course on Sunday with the Board of Deputies, which speaks for Britain’s Jews, as he insisted that Labour MPs who are in Parliament on Monday must back a motion to recognise Palestine as an independent state."

"The Labour party is facing desertion by Jewish donors and supporters because of Ed Mili-band's "toxic" anti-Israeli stance over Gaza and Palestine. In a fresh headache for the Labour leader, it is understood that Mr Miliband has been warned that Jewish backers are deserting the party in droves over what community leaders perceive to be a new, aggressive pro-Palestine policy at the expense of Israeli interests."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-funding-crisis-jewish-dono

A stance shared by Corbyn, Williamson, Walker, Livingstone, Galloway, etc, etc, etc.

See a pattern?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 13:50]
The other side of the story ... on 13:50 - Jul 3 with 1930 viewsSteve_M

The other side of the story ... on 13:36 - Jul 3 by Bluesquid

No it wasn't because of anti-semitism, it was down to Miliband's stance on Palestine.

"Ed Miliband was on a collision course on Sunday with the Board of Deputies, which speaks for Britain’s Jews, as he insisted that Labour MPs who are in Parliament on Monday must back a motion to recognise Palestine as an independent state."

"The Labour party is facing desertion by Jewish donors and supporters because of Ed Mili-band's "toxic" anti-Israeli stance over Gaza and Palestine. In a fresh headache for the Labour leader, it is understood that Mr Miliband has been warned that Jewish backers are deserting the party in droves over what community leaders perceive to be a new, aggressive pro-Palestine policy at the expense of Israeli interests."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-funding-crisis-jewish-dono

A stance shared by Corbyn, Williamson, Walker, Livingstone, Galloway, etc, etc, etc.

See a pattern?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 13:50]

So some Jewish people left over Labour being more pro-Palestinian. I'll take your word for it here but they didn't cite relentless anti-semitic abuse on the way out did they though?

The other side of the story ... on 13:57 - Jul 3 with 1907 viewsBluesquid

The other side of the story ... on 13:50 - Jul 3 by Steve_M

So some Jewish people left over Labour being more pro-Palestinian. I'll take your word for it here but they didn't cite relentless anti-semitic abuse on the way out did they though?

No, not my word, it's in the article.

They really didn't like that stance did they?

"Maureen Lipman, the actress, has announced she is ending five decades of support for the Labour Party, as she furiously denounced Ed Miliband’s stance on Israel."

Wow, 50 years of support ended.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/11196959/Maureen-Lipman-ab
The other side of the story ... on 14:00 - Jul 3 with 1898 viewsStokieBlue

The other side of the story ... on 13:57 - Jul 3 by Bluesquid

No, not my word, it's in the article.

They really didn't like that stance did they?

"Maureen Lipman, the actress, has announced she is ending five decades of support for the Labour Party, as she furiously denounced Ed Miliband’s stance on Israel."

Wow, 50 years of support ended.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/11196959/Maureen-Lipman-ab

What point are you trying to make?

Perhaps it's just me who isn't 100% sure but best just say it so we know.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The other side of the story ... on 14:03 - Jul 3 with 1890 viewsBluesquid

The other side of the story ... on 14:00 - Jul 3 by StokieBlue

What point are you trying to make?

Perhaps it's just me who isn't 100% sure but best just say it so we know.

SB

Miliband, Corbyn, Williamson, Walker, Livingstone, Galloway and others who all shared the same stance.

You do the rest.
The other side of the story ... on 14:05 - Jul 3 with 1879 viewsStokieBlue

The other side of the story ... on 14:03 - Jul 3 by Bluesquid

Miliband, Corbyn, Williamson, Walker, Livingstone, Galloway and others who all shared the same stance.

You do the rest.

No.

Can you please spell out exactly what your point is. I'm not going to fill in the gaps for you.

You take ownership of the point you are pushing.

SB

The other side of the story ... on 14:07 - Jul 3 with 1869 viewsBluesquid

The other side of the story ... on 14:05 - Jul 3 by StokieBlue

No.

Can you please spell out exactly what your point is. I'm not going to fill in the gaps for you.

You take ownership of the point you are pushing.

SB

All attacked and taken down (or in the process of) and they all share the same stance.
The other side of the story ... on 14:12 - Jul 3 with 1859 viewsStokieBlue

The other side of the story ... on 14:07 - Jul 3 by Bluesquid

All attacked and taken down (or in the process of) and they all share the same stance.

You're deliberately leaving out who you think is doing this and why. Go on - take ownership of the point. If you believe it then follow through the whole way.

I'd also say it's a convenient way of looking at things. Saying "it's because they believe X rather than doing Y" means you can ignore Y whilst looking for any common X.

SB

The other side of the story ... on 14:34 - Jul 3 with 1840 viewsRyorry

The other side of the story ... on 12:34 - Jul 3 by Darth_Koont

We're not talking about their legitimate views of what they've experienced, we're talking about the legitimate views and experiences of the Jewish people in the film. Why are their views irrelevant and being ignored?

Here's the link on Vimeo. Just copy and paste it into your browser and take out the dash in "vimeo"

https://vim-eo.com/324402664

Don't know how many times I have to say this, but I cannot watch vids for more than 30-60 seconds on a 12 inch screen.

The people in the film are only being "ignored" by me because I cannot physically watch; nor have I or anyone else said their views are "irrelevant" - that's you twisting things, for the thousandth etc time as you always do, to suit your own entrenched standpoint.

I personally have said that I'll read a transcript of the film, or watch on my 40" via iPlayer, but you seem unable to find a link.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The other side of the story ... on 14:39 - Jul 3 with 1829 viewslowhouseblue

The other side of the story ... on 14:12 - Jul 3 by StokieBlue

You're deliberately leaving out who you think is doing this and why. Go on - take ownership of the point. If you believe it then follow through the whole way.

I'd also say it's a convenient way of looking at things. Saying "it's because they believe X rather than doing Y" means you can ignore Y whilst looking for any common X.

SB

i take him to be blaming maureen lipman. which in many ways is fair enough.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The other side of the story ... on 14:48 - Jul 3 with 1812 viewsDarth_Koont

The other side of the story ... on 14:34 - Jul 3 by Ryorry

Don't know how many times I have to say this, but I cannot watch vids for more than 30-60 seconds on a 12 inch screen.

The people in the film are only being "ignored" by me because I cannot physically watch; nor have I or anyone else said their views are "irrelevant" - that's you twisting things, for the thousandth etc time as you always do, to suit your own entrenched standpoint.

I personally have said that I'll read a transcript of the film, or watch on my 40" via iPlayer, but you seem unable to find a link.

Edit: I missed your bit about a 12" screen the first time. Can't you stream it to your TV? How do you get iPlayer on there?

Here's the Youtube version anyway.

[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 14:52]

The other side of the story ... on 14:50 - Jul 3 with 1809 viewsDarth_Koont

The other side of the story ... on 14:12 - Jul 3 by StokieBlue

SB

Watch the film Stokie.

The first few minutes explains the background and why the political "debate" has been ramped up post-Gaza.

The other side of the story ... on 14:54 - Jul 3 with 1793 viewsStokieBlue

The other side of the story ... on 14:39 - Jul 3 by lowhouseblue

i take him to be blaming maureen lipman. which in many ways is fair enough.

I don't think that is what he means at all. Lets see shall we.

SB

The other side of the story ... on 15:03 - Jul 3 with 1773 viewsRyorry

The other side of the story ... on 14:48 - Jul 3 by Darth_Koont

Edit: I missed your bit about a 12" screen the first time. Can't you stream it to your TV? How do you get iPlayer on there?

Here's the Youtube version anyway.

[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 14:52]

Think I might be able to get Youtube, will try this eve & watch sometime later this week if I can.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The other side of the story ... on 15:06 - Jul 3 with 1756 viewsStokieBlue

The other side of the story ... on 14:50 - Jul 3 by Darth_Koont

Watch the film Stokie.

The first few minutes explains the background and why the political "debate" has been ramped up post-Gaza.

I'll be honest and I doubt I'm going to get an hour to watch it soon enough to answer you.

I would still like him to say what he means. Putting a correlation and then something along the lines of .... leaves things unsaid and unclear.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024