Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week 17:01 - Jul 10 with 18651 viewsSteve_M

And then when that failed they set all of their social media fanclub onto it:

Good advertising for the programme anyway.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:45 - Jul 11 with 1240 viewsStokieBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:41 - Jul 11 by Darth_Koont

I don't know. Maybe? Nothing surprises me any more.

But I'm trying to understand why the disputes team members' testimony is only being supported by such shoddily produced evidence.

So you are "maybe" calling them liars. A honest position but what is it based on?

Lets look at it this way - in a court those testimonies would be gold plated (whether eyewitness testimony should be is another debate altogether) so why aren't they in this format?

The other evidence is irrelevant to the testimonies. Either you accept what they are saying or you deem them liars. Labour have taken the second line with their "anti-Corbyn" response which Steve has already poked a massive hole in so it really doesn't look good.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:46 - Jul 11 with 1238 viewsgiant_stow

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:42 - Jul 11 by DanTheMan

Fair enough!

I've not seen anything from Labour so far that is a decent defence of what the dispute teams said, which is upsetting.

They've only responded by smear. Decent people will all notice that.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:50 - Jul 11 with 1220 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:38 - Jul 11 by giant_stow

What about the ginger sinister enforcer who was dropped in to serve as political officer? Mummy!

The whistle blowers seemed perfectly believable to me - bizarre that a party that supposedly fights for the workers will sh1t all over its own just like that.

Missed him, my attention must have been elsewhere for that bit.....but he's your mummy?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:53 - Jul 11 with 1206 viewsWeWereZombies

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:42 - Jul 11 by BlueBadger

It's certainly worth noting that, not just in media, but in this thread, there's a few that'll quite happily accept any amount of bigotry if it's THEIR team doing it.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 9:48]

I guess we are deep in the realm of treating the symptoms and not the causes. Corbyn, Boris Johnson, Trump and Farage seem to be pock marks on the face of politics but can we be so simplistic as to suggest that the virus causing this is carried by media owned or spun by powerful individuals such as Murdoch or is there an even deeper malaise that is predatory upon the body politic?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:57 - Jul 11 with 1193 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:53 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

I guess we are deep in the realm of treating the symptoms and not the causes. Corbyn, Boris Johnson, Trump and Farage seem to be pock marks on the face of politics but can we be so simplistic as to suggest that the virus causing this is carried by media owned or spun by powerful individuals such as Murdoch or is there an even deeper malaise that is predatory upon the body politic?

Isn't the answer to this austerity and the effects on the public of £1 TRILLION in tax payers money going to bail out the banks according to the RBS documentary last night on BBC......we aint getting it back!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:58 - Jul 11 with 1188 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:41 - Jul 11 by WeWereZombies

As the opening of that sentence indicates, there might just be two 'whataboutery' trains, neither of which takes us to the destination we require.

I won’t defend the tories Islamophobia issue by saying “yeah what about Corbyn”. I condemn the Tories Islamophobia unequivocally. No ifs and no buts.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:59 - Jul 11 with 1184 viewsDanTheMan

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:57 - Jul 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Isn't the answer to this austerity and the effects on the public of £1 TRILLION in tax payers money going to bail out the banks according to the RBS documentary last night on BBC......we aint getting it back!

Austerity wouldn't explain a rise in Populism across the globe. Both left and right wing populism.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:02 - Jul 11 with 1168 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:23 - Jul 11 by Darth_Koont

I was wrong.

It was a stitch-up followed by a hatchet job. And another piece of lamentable journalism from the BBC on this matter.

Be interesting to see the BBC’s response to the questions being raised by Labour and others like Buzzfeed.

What does Harry Tuttle have to say about it?

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:14 - Jul 11 with 1133 viewsWeWereZombies

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:57 - Jul 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Perhaps. That would be putting the older bogeyman of capital at the centre of things and I am maybe getting seduced by the rhetoric of this 'information age' that kicked off after the Second World War spurred advanced in logistics, we absorbed the theories of Marshall McLuhan and then the personal computer transformed electronics and media (as well as accounting, education and, well, just about everything).

Human pulchritude has been based on effective exchange for millennia now and nothing effects exchange like money. But, as session guitarist for Grandmaster Flash and now as I understand it British resident, Little Axe put it on 'Bought for a Dollar, Sold for a Dime' - 'You can't Eat Money!' Underlying it all is a need for the basic necessities of life, and those can be improved by the transfer of good information.

That being said I think it is a matter of regret that at least one of the guilty banks was not left to fail completely rather than being bailed out as it would have fired a much needed warning shot across the bows of the rest. However there would have been other major costs resulting from devaluation, rocketing interest rates and inflation, perhaps even the requirement to impose martial law if markets broke down completely.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:16 - Jul 11 with 1122 viewslowhouseblue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:59 - Jul 11 by DanTheMan

Austerity wouldn't explain a rise in Populism across the globe. Both left and right wing populism.

the 2008 crash and the stagnation that has followed it does. you have blue collar workers who have seen long term decline in real economic conditions. combine that with demographic change and in many countries a cohort of the young who have experienced no opportunities and fewer chances than their parents. bad economics always lies behind populism.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:22 - Jul 11 with 1108 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 08:48 - Jul 11 by Steve_M

That was the Press TV footage.

The press TV clip was remarkable. Sadly they didn’t okay the whole clip where he calls a convicted murderer his “brother” but the anti Israel bias showed through.

The Salisbury poisoning - give Russia the benefit of the doubt. Same with Iran.

Egypt border guards murdered by Jihadists - I suspect the hand of Israel.

Iron Lion Zion

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:26 - Jul 11 with 1095 viewsDarth_Koont

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:02 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

What does Harry Tuttle have to say about it?

No idea. Somebody decided to doxx him so his twitter is down.

Seems you're fair game if you're a dissenting Jew.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:27 - Jul 11 with 1091 viewsgiant_stow

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:22 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

The press TV clip was remarkable. Sadly they didn’t okay the whole clip where he calls a convicted murderer his “brother” but the anti Israel bias showed through.

What was defence for what that preacher guy said about Jews? I'd forgotten all about that one - shocking.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:29 - Jul 11 with 1083 viewsDanTheMan

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:16 - Jul 11 by lowhouseblue

the 2008 crash and the stagnation that has followed it does. you have blue collar workers who have seen long term decline in real economic conditions. combine that with demographic change and in many countries a cohort of the young who have experienced no opportunities and fewer chances than their parents. bad economics always lies behind populism.

A fair comment, though that doesn't explain the demographic of people who vote for the right wing populist who are usually in the older demographics, who weren't as effected as others following the global recession.

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:30 - Jul 11 with 1076 viewsDanTheMan

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:27 - Jul 11 by giant_stow

What was defence for what that preacher guy said about Jews? I'd forgotten all about that one - shocking.

It was something like "he didn't say anything like that to me".

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:31 - Jul 11 with 1074 viewslowhouseblue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:22 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

and the thing is, for anyone who had heard of corbyn before 2015 that is exactly the sort of thing he was known for. if someone with knowledge of the last 30 years of the labour party had been asked in 2014 to summarise corbyn it would have been with exactly the sorts of examples you have given here plus of course the ira. how can people then be surprised that as leader this sort fetid baggage that comes with him should have come to the surface. really, no one who knew about him expected anything else.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:32 - Jul 11 with 1064 viewslowhouseblue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:27 - Jul 11 by giant_stow

was that the 'he's never said it to me' line?

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:34 - Jul 11 with 1053 viewsgiant_stow

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:30 - Jul 11 by DanTheMan

lummy.

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:34 - Jul 11 with 1052 viewsGlasgowBlue

“He speaks well for his people and his is a voice that deserves to be heard. I look forward to welcoming him for tea on the terrace which he very much deserves”

Iron Lion Zion

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:35 - Jul 11 with 1044 viewsgiant_stow

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:23 - Jul 11 by Darth_Koont

I was wrong.

It was a stitch-up followed by a hatchet job. And another piece of lamentable journalism from the BBC on this matter.

Be interesting to see the BBC’s response to the questions being raised by Labour and others like Buzzfeed.

What's your response to this piece mr?

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/jul/11/labour-whistleblower-in-30-years-il

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:39 - Jul 11 with 1022 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:26 - Jul 11 by Darth_Koont

No idea. Somebody decided to doxx him so his twitter is down.

Seems you're fair game if you're a dissenting Jew.

“Many people run that account and I have not been involved in it for years.”

Looks more like group trolling of Jews.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/barrister-accused-of-being-behind-a-pro-jerem

Iron Lion Zion

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:42 - Jul 11 with 1014 viewsBlueBadger

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 09:58 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

I won’t defend the tories Islamophobia issue by saying “yeah what about Corbyn”. I condemn the Tories Islamophobia unequivocally. No ifs and no buts.

And before anyone starts, Glassers has been consistent about this from the moment Baroness Warsi brought it to the wider public a year ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/04/sayeeda-warsi-calls-for-inquiry
[Post edited 11 Jul 2019 10:55]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:47 - Jul 11 with 994 viewsElderGrizzly

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:39 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

“Many people run that account and I have not been involved in it for years.”

Looks more like group trolling of Jews.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/barrister-accused-of-being-behind-a-pro-jerem

Victoria Derbyshire Live this morning is a car crash on the anti-semitism topic.

Corbyn supporters calling those on the programme who contemplated suicide “wimps”. When asked to retract, she said no.

2 Labour MPs, including Kinnock effectively implying the leadership has lost control
Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:47 - Jul 11 with 987 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:30 - Jul 11 by DanTheMan

He also said that about self confessed holocaust denier Paul Eissen. He had ousted himself as a holocaust denier in 2007. A mainstream Palestine support org, of which Jezza was a patron, kicked him out because of his holocaust denial yet Jezza continued to attend his meetings up until two years before becoming leader.

When challenged on this he said “he never told me he was a holocaust denier”

Iron Lion Zion

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:48 - Jul 11 with 977 viewsStokieBlue

Ah, so Labour tried to stop the broadcast of Panorama last week on 10:47 - Jul 11 by ElderGrizzly

Victoria Derbyshire Live this morning is a car crash on the anti-semitism topic.

Corbyn supporters calling those on the programme who contemplated suicide “wimps”. When asked to retract, she said no.

2 Labour MPs, including Kinnock effectively implying the leadership has lost control

That is awful to belittle the mental health issues they had. I didn't hear it but they aren't helping themselves.

It's a total car crash now.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024