Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights 13:01 - Jul 23 with 5342 viewsDarth_Koont

It'll help with the Dark Ages-theme

Pronouns: He/Him

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:04 - Jul 23 with 2035 viewsRyorry

Hottest day of the year so far in UK (a forecast record for July) and we have political meltdown - very apt really.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:18 - Jul 23 with 2000 viewsballycastle

You are leaving?
Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:19 - Jul 23 with 1993 viewsDarth_Koont

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:18 - Jul 23 by ballycastle

You are leaving?

I expect you don't even get the reference.

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:19 - Jul 23 with 1993 viewsballycastle

It is Corbyn's fault that we now have Boris, imagine if JC was actually anywhere near competent? There would have been a labour government, no Boris, no Universal credit, JC and his supporters have led this disaster.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 13:21]
Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:22 - Jul 23 with 1981 viewsDarth_Koont

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:19 - Jul 23 by ballycastle

It is Corbyn's fault that we now have Boris, imagine if JC was actually anywhere near competent? There would have been a labour government, no Boris, no Universal credit, JC and his supporters have led this disaster.

No, it's because of loons like you. And a silent, passive majority.

We've done literally nothing in this country to stop the centre sliding to the right. We're now like a poundshop USA.

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:22 - Jul 23 with 1974 viewsballycastle

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:19 - Jul 23 by Darth_Koont

I expect you don't even get the reference.

I get the reference, what you don't get is that this is your fault, well you and the hard left fekwits who have killed the labour party.
Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:23 - Jul 23 with 1969 viewsRyorry

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:19 - Jul 23 by ballycastle

Well, partly.

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:25 - Jul 23 with 1956 viewsballycastle

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:22 - Jul 23 by Darth_Koont

We've done literally nothing in this country to stop the centre sliding to the right. We're now like a poundshop USA.

See you then, if we remove the whingers what a delight it will be.

Go on, run along, on your way.

But you won't, you will continue to whine and moan and scream and scream until you are sick.
Login to get fewer ads

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:30 - Jul 23 with 1927 viewsDarth_Koont

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:22 - Jul 23 by ballycastle

I get the reference, what you don't get is that this is your fault, well you and the hard left fekwits who have killed the labour party.

The Labour Party that had already lost Scotland, much of Wales and had started losing grounding England in 2015? At the same time as the government was pursuing a deeply divisive, punitive and damaging austerity programme that didn't reduce the debt?

We are where we are because politicians and their parties have spent decades trying to appease a loony press and a reactionary Establishment rather than actually pursue progressive and socially aware policies that cost time and money.

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:40 - Jul 23 with 1866 viewsGlasgowBlue

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:30 - Jul 23 by Darth_Koont

The Labour Party that had already lost Scotland, much of Wales and had started losing grounding England in 2015? At the same time as the government was pursuing a deeply divisive, punitive and damaging austerity programme that didn't reduce the debt?

We are where we are because politicians and their parties have spent decades trying to appease a loony press and a reactionary Establishment rather than actually pursue progressive and socially aware policies that cost time and money.

We had a period of austerity to cut the deficit, not the debt.

I thought you would at least understand the difference between the two. If you don’t then you are thicker than I thought. If you do then you are deliberately being misleading.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:42 - Jul 23 with 1856 viewsGrandadDel

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:25 - Jul 23 by ballycastle

But you won't, you will continue to whine and moan and scream and scream until you are sick.

Britain would be a bette rplace if we had more people who think like you in charge.
Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:44 - Jul 23 with 1843 viewsHerbivore

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:42 - Jul 23 by GrandadDel

Britain would be a bette rplace if we had more people who think like you in charge.

A novel use of the word 'think'.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:45 - Jul 23 with 1834 viewsStokieBlue

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:22 - Jul 23 by Darth_Koont

Do you think the centre has actually migrated to the right or do you think that more people who were already right are just empowered?

For clarity, do you know people you would have considered centralist who are now firmly on the right? For me that's not really been the case, those people are still in the centre and want someone to speak for them, there are just two groups empowered either side of them who are far louder and currently, far more effective.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:45 - Jul 23 with 1831 viewsGrandadDel

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:44 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

A novel use of the word 'think'.

What was wrong with what he said? made alot of sense to me.
Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:46 - Jul 23 with 1819 viewsStokieBlue

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:25 - Jul 23 by ballycastle

So your definition of whinger is someone who disagrees with you and tends to offer evidence and substance to backup their assertions?

It's a novel definition, I'll give you that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:46 - Jul 23 with 1818 viewsDarth_Koont

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:40 - Jul 23 by GlasgowBlue

I thought you would at least understand the difference between the two. If you don’t then you are thicker than I thought. If you do then you are deliberately being misleading.

Of course, I know the difference. My point is that the debt is rising anyway. Talking about "cutting the deficit" is political evasion for not admitting that you're still moving in the wrong direction. Yet still putting pressure on the more defenceless members of society who don't matter as much to you.

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:47 - Jul 23 with 1810 viewsfooters

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:22 - Jul 23 by ballycastle

"hard left" lol

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:49 - Jul 23 with 1792 viewspickles110564

Thought you wanted to leave the UK?
Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:49 - Jul 23 with 1792 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:40 - Jul 23 by GlasgowBlue

We have had a period of austerity to square up some fancy bankers' negligence!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:50 - Jul 23 with 1786 viewslowhouseblue

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:46 - Jul 23 by Darth_Koont

Of course, I know the difference. My point is that the debt is rising anyway. Talking about "cutting the deficit" is political evasion for not admitting that you're still moving in the wrong direction. Yet still putting pressure on the more defenceless members of society who don't matter as much to you.

"you're still moving in the wrong direction."

the wrong direction - so you actually want to cut the debt? wow.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:50 - Jul 23 with 1783 viewsfooters

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:46 - Jul 23 by Darth_Koont

The only thing that will end the mess left by centrism is more centrism, that much is obvious.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:51 - Jul 23 with 1778 viewsflimflam

Why is everyone far / hard right or left these days?

The fact it the majority of people are somewhere in the middle and a lot with a mixture of everything.

Everything is pigeon holed to the extreme currently.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:52 - Jul 23 with 1765 viewsGlasgowBlue

Then you would also know that when you are heavily in debt, as the U.K. was, then no matter what steps you take to live within your means (cutting the deficit) the debt will continue to grow.

Austerity wasn’t a political choice. It was a necessity due to the economy crashing. Whoever won the 2010 would have introduced a period of austerity to cut the deficit.

You may recall it was Labour Chancellor, Alistair Darling, who said that if re-elected Labour planned cuts in public spending will be "deeper and tougher" than Margaret Thatcher's in the 1980s

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/mar/25/alistair-darling-cut-deeper-mar

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:52 - Jul 23 with 1763 viewsGrandadDel

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:49 - Jul 23 by pickles110564

Thought you wanted to leave the UK?

Nothing makes my blood boil than blokes who moan about the country and threaten to leave and never go anywhere. They don't know they are born they could have been born in one of those dump countries like Bangladesh. If you don't like the way most people want the country to be run then you should poke it.
Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:55 - Jul 23 with 1728 viewsRyorry

Will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights on 13:51 - Jul 23 by flimflam

Why is everyone far / hard right or left these days?

The fact it the majority of people are somewhere in the middle and a lot with a mixture of everything.

Everything is pigeon holed to the extreme currently.

Slightly contradictoy elements to your post! but I know what you mean ;)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024