Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You might want to sit down before reading this 13:24 - Jul 24 with 16935 viewsBrixtonBlue

I reckon Boris might be a good PM. My reasoning - my missus has a 'political' job (I won't say more than that) and has had dealings with Boris on many occasions when he was Mayor.

First thing to note - while he himself is an incompetent, he tends to surround himself with a very good team. They advise/make the decisions and he's just the public face.

He'll happily do anything that makes him look good, which means populist measures that everyone agrees would be good (i.e. a fair living wage, benefits for the elderly and disabled, etc.) are more likely to happen.

He's big on green issues (even if it's just to make himself look good) and would cycle everywhere, often being late for meetings because of it.

He's also a very good public speaker, which will be important as PM. She said he'd be given a rather dry brief on a subject, read through it scribbling unreadable (to everyone else) notes on it, then half an hour later be presenting it in a very witty, engaging way, without using any notes. This is actually his one skill, but he's very good at it.

When he talks about "let's get to work" he doesn't mean himself, he means his team. And if he carries on picking a good one it could work out.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

You might want to sit down before reading this on 11:56 - Jul 8 with 959 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You might want to sit down before reading this on 11:43 - Jul 8 by Trequartista

His public speaking without notes is dreadful, you surely have to concede you were mistaken there?

Dreadful to you and I. But many of the public love his bumbling ways. It's part of his act, making him seem like 'one of us'. He literally roughs up his hair before he goes on camera.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

You might want to sit down before reading this on 11:58 - Jul 8 with 935 viewsGlasgowBlue

You might want to sit down before reading this on 11:54 - Jul 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

"How did I start a pile on FFS"

"I remembered the thread... I remembered his previous username... I googled Brixton Blue Boris Johnson Prime Minister... I linked the thread on my reply..."

Oh dollers.

I started a light hearted thread about Johnson pretending to resign, ending with the words "He’s fooled us all again hasn’t he"?

You replied "Us all"?

To which I remembered your old thread and linked it. It was as simple as that.

Most normal people would have laughed it off.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:01 - Jul 8 with 923 viewsjeera

You might want to sit down before reading this on 06:47 - Jul 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

"If you ever wonder why no one can take anything that comes out of your mouth (or keyboard) seriously, your OP might be a clue."

Oh yeah, what a friendly comment, as are the rest here.
No, you wanted to be part of the Dollers pile on.

It was a nothing comment, neither wrong or right. How can I be "so far off the mark" when I said he might be good if he surrounds himself with the right people (and then he doesn't)?!? I might be the best waterskier in the world if I quit my job, hire the best waterskier trainer and practice for the next couple of years. The implication in the word "might" (which I shouldn't have to spell out) is also 'might not'.

Well I for one am looking forward to your water-skiing antics.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:02 - Jul 8 with 921 viewsSwailsey

You might want to sit down before reading this on 11:58 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

Oh dollers.

I started a light hearted thread about Johnson pretending to resign, ending with the words "He’s fooled us all again hasn’t he"?

You replied "Us all"?

It’s equal parts fascinating and deeply soul destroying every time this happens that he can’t ever stop and think “hmmm, maybe it’s me”. It’s always because it’s a pile on.

I’m going to have to activate my second ever DivList now. I can’t handle it. It actually puts me in a bad mood and clutters up the place with negativity.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:04 - Jul 8 with 906 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You might want to sit down before reading this on 11:58 - Jul 8 by GlasgowBlue

Oh dollers.

You replied "Us all"?

Nice evasion but not the point. You asked how you started the pile-on. Whether it was light hearted or not, and whether I laugh it off or not, you definitely started it, and I've proved it. I'm surprised you're still digging rather than doing your usual disappearing act.

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:08 - Jul 8 with 880 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:02 - Jul 8 by Swailsey

It’s equal parts fascinating and deeply soul destroying every time this happens that he can’t ever stop and think “hmmm, maybe it’s me”. It’s always because it’s a pile on.

I’m going to have to activate my second ever DivList now. I can’t handle it. It actually puts me in a bad mood and clutters up the place with negativity.

Or “hmmm, maybe it’s there's a lot of thick people on here who can't read and comprehend a basic English sentence, or people looking to score points.”

It's not my fault if you can't understand it, so cheerio.

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:17 - Jul 8 with 862 viewsunbelievablue

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:08 - Jul 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Or “hmmm, maybe it’s there's a lot of thick people on here who can't read and comprehend a basic English sentence, or people looking to score points.”

I'm not looking to score points, and it's pretty clear that your analysis of how and why he might be a good PM was wildly off the mark, even before the reality of the present situation is taken into account.

If I'd written that I'd be laughing at how wrong I was.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:23 - Jul 8 with 849 viewsBogblue

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:08 - Jul 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Continuing to call people 'thick' because they see it differently to you is not helping you avoid a 'pile-on' (if that's what this is)
[Post edited 8 Jul 2022 12:24]
Login to get fewer ads

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:29 - Jul 8 with 816 viewsGlasgowBlue

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:17 - Jul 8 by unbelievablue

I'm not looking to score points, and it's pretty clear that your analysis of how and why he might be a good PM was wildly off the mark, even before the reality of the present situation is taken into account.

If I'd written that I'd be laughing at how wrong I was.

I predicted a Theresa May majority of 100+ in 2017.

Please don't anyone mention this and start a pile on.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

You might want to sit down before reading this on 13:14 - Jul 8 with 745 viewsSitfcB

You might want to sit down before reading this on 16:02 - Jul 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

And as for you, chubs, obviously not a lot of burgers to flip today if you've got time to trawl back 3 years.

It was linked on another thread yesterday, baldy!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

You might want to sit down before reading this on 13:18 - Jul 8 with 726 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You might want to sit down before reading this on 13:14 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

It was linked on another thread yesterday, baldy!

You might want to sit down before reading this on 13:24 - Jul 8 with 706 viewsSitfcB

You might want to sit down before reading this on 12:04 - Jul 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Nice evasion but not the point. You asked how you started the pile-on. Whether it was light hearted or not, and whether I laugh it off or not, you definitely started it, and I've proved it. I'm surprised you're still digging rather than doing your usual disappearing act.

Arf, why so sensitive. Hardly a pile-on.

Glasses linked the tweet as a laugh after your reply to his thread, I just commented on this thread to give it a good old bump, nothing meant by it, like your McDonalds joke stuff like linking old posts always happens on here with any subject.

Only just seen all this as I use the superior thread mode but by post date.

Chill and have a beer.

COYB

You might want to sit down before reading this on 13:27 - Jul 8 with 693 viewsEwan_Oozami

You might want to sit down before reading this on 13:24 - Jul 8 by SitfcB

Arf, why so sensitive. Hardly a pile-on.

Glasses linked the tweet as a laugh after your reply to his thread, I just commented on this thread to give it a good old bump, nothing meant by it, like your McDonalds joke stuff like linking old posts always happens on here with any subject.

Only just seen all this as I use the superior thread mode but by post date.

Chill and have a beer.

Thinking of poor Fixed_It if this resurrected thread makes it to 10 pages....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

You might want to sit down before reading this on 13:37 - Jul 8 with 670 viewsSitfcB

You might want to sit down before reading this on 17:30 - Jul 7 by GlasgowBlue

Sone people said he would never make a decent PM.

Glad my phone isn’t the only one that changes some to Sone

COYB

You might want to sit down before reading this on 13:41 - Jul 8 with 649 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

You might want to sit down before reading this on 13:18 - Jul 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

You mean 'Toupee' .
You might want to sit down before reading this on 13:44 - Jul 8 with 644 viewsParky

You might want to sit down before reading this on 11:18 - Jul 8 by The_Flashing_Smile

Get off your high horse. As if you give a sh!t about sitter's feelings. You started a pile-on and now you're loving it, this faux indignation is just more ammo.

Also, I wouldn't search back years to find a thread you made about Roy Keane - because I have a life.

You might have lost your head here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024