Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop buying illegal drugs 09:10 - Sep 16 with 9247 viewschicoazul

You are ruining your communities and the lives of those around you with your selfish pleasures.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-49664995/county-lines-wales-drowning-in-d

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:16 - Sep 16 with 3036 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I think you may have done this before.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:18 - Sep 16 with 3048 viewsitfcjoe

Don't know why you get so much push back on this, it's fairly obvious

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:20 - Sep 16 with 3027 viewsfooters

No.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:20 - Sep 16 with 3014 viewsDarth_Koont

Legalise drugs.

The reactionary right-wingers (yet who drink too much and pop prescription medication) are ruining this country by a) criminalising drugs and b) creating the severe economic and social environments for drug abuse amongst the general population

Pronouns: He/Him

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:20 - Sep 16 with 3025 viewschicoazul

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:18 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

Don't know why you get so much push back on this, it's fairly obvious

People think they should be able to do whatever they want.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:21 - Sep 16 with 3003 viewsDarth_Koont

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:20 - Sep 16 by chicoazul

Neoliberalism innit.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:25 - Sep 16 with 3000 viewschicoazul

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:20 - Sep 16 by footers

No.

How about if I say please?

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:27 - Sep 16 with 2981 viewsHerbivore

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:20 - Sep 16 by chicoazul

It's more that it's been explained to you, including in one article that you linked to, that these gangs are primarily peddling crack and heroin to addicts, not selling a pill to someone in a club. Recreational drug users could all stop taking drugs and it wouldn't dent the county lines issue. There needs to be a far more systemic approach to tackling the issue, which realistically needs to be some form of legalisation and treating drug use as a public health rather than criminal issue.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:27 - Sep 16 with 2996 viewsitfcjoe

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:20 - Sep 16 by Darth_Koont

Legalise drugs.

The reactionary right-wingers (yet who drink too much and pop prescription medication) are ruining this country by a) criminalising drugs and b) creating the severe economic and social environments for drug abuse amongst the general population

Yep, there needs to be some sort of consensus on legalisation of some drugs - it's currently out of control and getting worse.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:29 - Sep 16 with 2986 viewschicoazul

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:27 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

Yep, there needs to be some sort of consensus on legalisation of some drugs - it's currently out of control and getting worse.

Why would you want to legalise more poisons? Do you *want* your children and their friends to be able to go to Boots to get their eccys in before Latitude?

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:29 - Sep 16 with 2984 viewsfooters

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:25 - Sep 16 by chicoazul

How about if I say please?

I tried your "stop doing drugs" line (geddit?) at a party a few weeks ago. It didn't work.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:30 - Sep 16 with 2977 viewschicoazul

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:29 - Sep 16 by footers

I tried your "stop doing drugs" line (geddit?) at a party a few weeks ago. It didn't work.

You obviously didnt explain it properly, otherwise she would have had her knickers round her ankles quicker than you could spit.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:30 - Sep 16 with 2959 viewsHerbivore

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:29 - Sep 16 by chicoazul

Why would you want to legalise more poisons? Do you *want* your children and their friends to be able to go to Boots to get their eccys in before Latitude?

I'd rather they are buying pills from a regulated retailer than from some man on the street.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:31 - Sep 16 with 2958 viewsnoggin

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:27 - Sep 16 by Herbivore

It's more that it's been explained to you, including in one article that you linked to, that these gangs are primarily peddling crack and heroin to addicts, not selling a pill to someone in a club. Recreational drug users could all stop taking drugs and it wouldn't dent the county lines issue. There needs to be a far more systemic approach to tackling the issue, which realistically needs to be some form of legalisation and treating drug use as a public health rather than criminal issue.

Exactly this.. I doubt there's anyone on here that is taking crack or heroin.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:32 - Sep 16 with 2961 viewsitfcjoe

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:29 - Sep 16 by chicoazul

That's an education issue between me and them when they are old enough - but if they do try drugs, which is probably an inevitability as most people will, I'd rather they be supplied safely from somewhere that can be responsible for what is in them etc.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:34 - Sep 16 with 2947 viewssparks

Coke is a massive element. And massively popular as a recreational drug. You cant duck it by claiming its just hardcore heroin addicts.

These gangs target care homes and vulnerable kids and people to do their work. Buy cocaine and you are enabling that.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:34 - Sep 16 with 2934 viewsHerbivore

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:31 - Sep 16 by noggin

Exactly this.. I doubt there's anyone on here that is taking crack or heroin.

You've clearly not been reading the political threads.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:35 - Sep 16 with 2930 viewschicoazul

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:34 - Sep 16 by sparks

Coke is a massive element. And massively popular as a recreational drug. You cant duck it by claiming its just hardcore heroin addicts.

These gangs target care homes and vulnerable kids and people to do their work. Buy cocaine and you are enabling that.

ah, Herby trotting that old canard out about "its only addicts" is he.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:38 - Sep 16 with 2912 viewsHerbivore

The gangs are primarily slinging crack and heroin. I have some experience in a professional capacity of county lines and these gangs aren't selling coke to middle class recreational users. They target the vulnerable and addicts who are addicted to crack and/or heroin. Maybe it's different in other areas but I'd be surprised if it's hugely different, and one of the articles chico posted previously backed up that it's crack and heroin that's the issue rather than recreational drug use.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 9:39]

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:41 - Sep 16 with 2899 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This is true as far as the county lines problem goes, but you’re burying your head in the sand if you think other drugs don’t also come at a human cost - both home and abroad. And I say that as a recreational user

That said, the arguments re legalisation are spot on IMO - unless you don’t accept the point that there will always be a demand for these substances then criminalisation is at the heart of the problem too

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:43 - Sep 16 with 2877 viewsDarth_Koont

Sure. But asking people to stop taking drugs is pretty futile, especially when we're talking physically addictive substances.

People don't stop smoking to save the NHS. They do it out of choice, government regulation and access to alternatives.

By all means, chuck in the moral aspect but still needs to be part of a realistic and grown-up drug policy.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:46 - Sep 16 with 2867 viewschicoazul

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:41 - Sep 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

This is true as far as the county lines problem goes, but you’re burying your head in the sand if you think other drugs don’t also come at a human cost - both home and abroad. And I say that as a recreational user

That said, the arguments re legalisation are spot on IMO - unless you don’t accept the point that there will always be a demand for these substances then criminalisation is at the heart of the problem too

The heart of the problem is recreational users like you, I am afraid, as there are millions of you whose selfish actions are helping wreck our society & lead to young people killing one another in the streets.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:49 - Sep 16 with 2849 viewsHerbivore

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:41 - Sep 16 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Of course there is a human cost, particularly with coke and the problems it's caused in South America. That said, the majority of the problems are caused by it being criminalised. Decriminalise it and you no longer have an entire industry being run by and solely benefitting unscrupulous criminals. People should of course be mindful of this though and that they are contributing to human suffering somewhere along the line. My argument is more that chico is being very naive if he thinks people choosing not to have a cheeky line will eradicate the county lines issue. It won't, not remotely.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:50 - Sep 16 with 2842 viewsHerbivore

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:46 - Sep 16 by chicoazul

The heart of the problem is recreational users like you, I am afraid, as there are millions of you whose selfish actions are helping wreck our society & lead to young people killing one another in the streets.

This sort of post is why people think you're either (a) a troll, (b) troublingly dim-witted, or (c) both.

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:51 - Sep 16 with 2843 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Stop buying illegal drugs on 09:46 - Sep 16 by chicoazul

Completely accept that I could make a different choice and have a clear conscience, and that if everyone did likewise the problem wouldn’t exist

However, recognising that the second part isn’t realistic means you have to look at other causes - at which point it’s blindingly obvious criminalisation is a huge factor

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024