Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? 23:26 - Sep 17 with 14478 viewsIllinoisblue

Just overly ambitious/mistaken idea of potential support?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 10:04 - Sep 19 with 1725 viewswkj

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 10:02 - Sep 19 by Hullblue

Yeah it’s hard to blame the fans - if you’re living in MK and your kids want to go and watch league football, you’re probably not going to say no because of some moral technicality they won’t even understand.

I do pity them though because there’s no sense of pride attached to the club. Maybe locals would disagree, but I can’t see how you can be proud to say you’re an MK Dons fan.

It’s more the concept of them that I hate. And the owners who dared to do what they did to a real club like Wimbledon.

Really, MK Dons would be as well to relinquish their 'history' to AFC Wimbledon, and rebrand. I don't think they have anything to lose by doing that, and everything to gain in terms of pr.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 10:08 - Sep 19 with 1716 viewsitfcjoe

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 10:04 - Sep 19 by wkj

Really, MK Dons would be as well to relinquish their 'history' to AFC Wimbledon, and rebrand. I don't think they have anything to lose by doing that, and everything to gain in terms of pr.

They have done with their history I'm pretty sure, I think they would be best of dropping the 'Dons' label and just being MKFC

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 10:15 - Sep 19 with 1697 viewsHullblue

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 09:54 - Sep 19 by ITFC_Forever

AFC Wimbledon are not much better either.

Any moral high ground has well and truly been washed away by the way they acquired the land etc for the new stadium.

I should do some reading on that because I don’t really know anything about it. But I can’t imagine it would change my feelings towards MK - two wrongs and all that.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 10:37 - Sep 19 with 1659 viewsHullblue

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 10:08 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

They have done with their history I'm pretty sure, I think they would be best of dropping the 'Dons' label and just being MKFC

Yeah I think they did ‘hand over’ their FA Cup and stuff. To be honest that just annoyed me further, because for a long time they’d claimed it was just a relocation rather than the theft of a club. Just seemed like final confirmation they knew what they were doing all along.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 11:13 - Sep 19 with 1627 viewsFreddies_Ears

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 09:54 - Sep 19 by ITFC_Forever

AFC Wimbledon are not much better either.

Any moral high ground has well and truly been washed away by the way they acquired the land etc for the new stadium.

Eh? They bought a bit of land occupied by a failing business, and are putting it to good use. And it is next door to their historic home. Good on them.
So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 11:37 - Sep 19 with 1601 viewsITFC_Forever

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 11:13 - Sep 19 by Freddies_Ears

Eh? They bought a bit of land occupied by a failing business, and are putting it to good use. And it is next door to their historic home. Good on them.

Tell that to stock car and greyhound fans.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 11:58 - Sep 19 with 1566 viewsitfcjoe

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 11:13 - Sep 19 by Freddies_Ears

Fairly simplistic viewpoint of all that has gone on there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That's really not true. (n/t) on 12:00 - Sep 19 with 1563 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 12:11 - Sep 19 with 1537 viewsJamestownPrince

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 11:37 - Sep 19 by ITFC_Forever

Tell that to stock car and greyhound fans.

Agree

Just awaiting a decent Storm in South London, the land surveys were altered to get this through, mind you the GRA sold the Stadiums that they owned to Galliard and rented them back on leases, the place was being run into the ground.

I went to the Derby a few times (never had a runner as both times I had one worth having a go they picked up injuries), but the place needed something done to it.
So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 12:25 - Sep 19 with 1519 viewsBlue_Order

I hate them and wish them nothing but ill-fortune.
So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 13:09 - Sep 19 with 1461 viewsbrogansnose

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 12:25 - Sep 19 by Blue_Order

I hate them and wish them nothing but ill-fortune.

Not exactly Leeds though are they.
So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 13:37 - Sep 19 with 1434 viewsBlue_Order

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 13:09 - Sep 19 by brogansnose

Not exactly Leeds though are they.

Leeds are proper bastards.

I like them.
So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 13:42 - Sep 19 with 1422 viewsClapham_Junction

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 09:44 - Sep 19 by Hullblue

I’m surprised at the lack of antipathy towards them on here actually. They stole a club, and I can’t stand them. If MK played Norwich I honestly think I’d want the latter to win.

I even judge players for signing for them - I just think, couldn’t you have waited until a proper club came in for you?

Am I alone in this feeling? Maybe I need to go back to therapy.

You're not alone. I don't think I'll ever be able to see them as a proper club based on how they came into being.

It felt really odd seeing older fans walking around wearing MK Dons shirts - I don't understand how people could support a club that was basically stolen from another community.

If Winkleman had had any decency, he would have just pumped a load of money into Milton Keynes City and got them promoted a few divisions like Max Griggs did with Rushden & Diamonds.
So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 14:01 - Sep 19 with 1397 viewsbrogansnose

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 13:37 - Sep 19 by Blue_Order

Leeds are proper bastards.

I like them.

Well, only if you consider punching pensioner women when you get relegated as proper.

You keep on liking them .
So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 07:55 - Sep 20 with 1236 viewsLusor

So why do MK Dons have such an absurdly big stadium? on 01:28 - Sep 18 by wkj

It is curious how it draws so few in, I mean, it is a decent stadium as you say, despite the jaded history it could be a cracking club

No history. No older supporters who can say that they have watched MK since they were 7, or that they went with their grandad.
Great stadium, but it'll take years to build up a fan base.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024