Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter 08:40 - Sep 26 with 4150 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That young Greta girl vs Eddie Hearn. Have a look

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 11:35 - Sep 26 with 1347 viewsJ2BLUE

Stolen her childhood and her dreams?

The point about endless economic growth was superb though. Spot on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 13:35 - Sep 26 with 1311 viewsSpruceMoose

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 11:35 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

Yes, I can see the point she's making. She should be in school being a kid and not worrying about the impending destruction of mankind.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 13:35]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 13:36 - Sep 26 with 1309 viewsSpruceMoose

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 11:22 - Sep 26 by jaykay

who was named son of benters or junior benters the other day

J2.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 14:25 - Sep 26 with 1285 viewsJ2BLUE

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 13:36 - Sep 26 by SpruceMoose

J2.

'The other day' was probably Sitters.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 14:47 - Sep 26 with 1277 viewsmidastouch

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 10:14 - Sep 26 by Swansea_Blue

Whatever an Ig is, I know they have loos for them.

I didn't get it. That Hearn fella looks like a total not very nice guy.

Hearn is quite a character. He's the boxing promoter for various fighters including Anthony Joshua and Katie Taylor, see here: https://www.matchroomboxing.com/boxers/. He has a lot of world champions in his stable. He had an interview with Alastair Campbell towards the end of last year. They seemed to gel well enough although they did have to agree to disagree over Brexit.

Hearn likes to do impressions, here he is doing a Chris Eubank impression:

He's trying to crack America at the moment and is ruffling a lot of feathers in the process, including those of legendary US promoter Bob Arum who also worked as an attorney in the United States Department of Justice during the Kennedy administration.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 16:24 - Sep 27 with 1142 viewsRyorry

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 10:43 - Sep 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Indeed

I do think twitters very much a certain crowd.

My whole timeline throughout September has been retweets of the NoContextHearn and NoContextEubanks accounts and some bald nonce getting arrested. The aim is to find good captions for the videos.

I don't think "twitters very much a certain crowd" at all. I interact on there with people of all ages, nationalities, walks of life, tastes, likes, dislikes, statuses, preferences, political & other allegiances, interest groups et etc., all around the world.

We share and circulate glorious photos of just about everything on the planet, poetry, art, music - our own as well as that of "famous people"; celebrations or misery re sporting events & their results, reviews, likes & dislikes of films, TV, music etc.; funny videos of animals doing silly or clever things. Not to mention information and/or disgust at politicians & what they come out with - even occasional appreciation of them!

It's also incredibly useful for getting complaints re products or services quickly addressed by the providers, where emails/phone calls have failed to do so, as they hate publicity. Not to mention instant updates on local events, road closures, etc etc.

It's easy & instantly effective if you want to block any stray abusives or bullies - you just do it yourself with a couple of clicks, after which they can't see your tweets or have anything to do with you, and v.v.

After email (and here obvs!) it's the most useful & enjoyable thing on the net as far as I'm concerned. People can make up their own minds, but those who just mock without even trying it properly don't know what they're missing.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 19:55 - Sep 27 with 1095 viewsmrshallisfit

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 10:13 - Sep 26 by The_Romford_Blue

No. But on this occasion it certainly makes you a more intelligent person.
This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 19:58 - Sep 27 with 1091 viewsjeera

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 11:35 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

I have seen that speech and don't see it that she's referring to herself.

More that she uses the first person to represent her generation and that her voice is theirs as a collective.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:00 - Sep 27 with 1090 viewsjeera

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 14:25 - Sep 26 by J2BLUE

'The other day' was probably Sitters.

I am a fan of the term 'the other day' and use it quite a bit.

Equally, I find it sometimes infuriating when others try to fob me off with it as I tend to insist on specifics.

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:03 - Sep 27 with 1087 viewswkj

I have to say, the editing in my TWTD posts puts the editing in this media turd to shame.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:09 - Sep 27 with 1081 viewsNewcyBlue

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 10:04 - Sep 26 by PJH

It could be three.

Ig nor ant.

Not sure what Ig means though.

IG or Inert Gas

Used in tankers to sufficiently lower the oxygen content of a tank to ensure that a fire cannot happen.

My tanker knowledge is limited as I haven’t sailed on one, yet I still need to know the ins and outs. In my exam on Tuesday they could say i am on a Tanker and expect me to be able to run it safely.

They could also put my on a Passenger Vessel,RORO ferry, bulk carrier, grain carrier, cruise ship, heavy lift ship, container ship, chemical tanker, oil tanker, iron ore carrier, coal carrier. Expecting me to know the rules and regulations concerning them all.

It’s going to be a terrible couple of hours, and it’s all spoken.

That’s just the cargo part of the oral exam...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:13 - Sep 27 with 1077 viewsRyorry

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:09 - Sep 27 by NewcyBlue

IG or Inert Gas

Used in tankers to sufficiently lower the oxygen content of a tank to ensure that a fire cannot happen.

My tanker knowledge is limited as I haven’t sailed on one, yet I still need to know the ins and outs. In my exam on Tuesday they could say i am on a Tanker and expect me to be able to run it safely.

They could also put my on a Passenger Vessel,RORO ferry, bulk carrier, grain carrier, cruise ship, heavy lift ship, container ship, chemical tanker, oil tanker, iron ore carrier, coal carrier. Expecting me to know the rules and regulations concerning them all.

Cripes, best of l ... - fingers crossed for you!

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:15 - Sep 27 with 1069 viewsjeera

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:09 - Sep 27 by NewcyBlue

IG or Inert Gas

Well I hope they are all covered by comprehensive in-sewer-ants.

Just in case.

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:16 - Sep 27 with 1069 viewsNewcyBlue

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:13 - Sep 27 by Ryorry

Cripes, best of l ... - fingers crossed for you!

Cheers R!

My back is all twisted up with stress. I have a night on the floor next to Seb’s bed tonight, hopefully a bit of time off from the study is going to help!

We are watching the good dinosaur before going to sleep.

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:20 - Sep 27 with 1065 viewsNewcyBlue

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:15 - Sep 27 by jeera

Well I hope they are all covered by comprehensive in-sewer-ants.

Just in case.

Sewage. Marpol Annex IV.

Baltic Sea is a special area applying to passenger ships only, which do not have a sewage treatment plant that can remove phosphorus and nitrogen.

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:22 - Sep 27 with 1062 viewsjeera

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:20 - Sep 27 by NewcyBlue

Sewage. Marpol Annex IV.

Baltic Sea is a special area applying to passenger ships only, which do not have a sewage treatment plant that can remove phosphorus and nitrogen.

And that, my friend, is the correct answer.

You'll have your own pedalo in no time!

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:24 - Sep 27 with 1061 viewsRyorry

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:16 - Sep 27 by NewcyBlue

Cheers R!

My back is all twisted up with stress. I have a night on the floor next to Seb’s bed tonight, hopefully a bit of time off from the study is going to help!

We are watching the good dinosaur before going to sleep.

Song for Newcy -

Warm bath & whale music
Before a snore on the floor

#NationalMusicDay

This is just one of the best things I’ve ever seen on Twitter on 20:54 - Sep 27 with 1046 viewsPJH

IG or Inert Gas

Good luck with the exam Newcy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024