Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years 13:41 - Oct 3 with 2029 viewschicoazul

than Will Keane? Signed injured, still injured.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 13:52 - Oct 3 with 1976 viewsSteve_M

It's far too early to write Keane off, especially as he wasn't expected to play straight away.

It's Janoi Donacien anyway. And if we want to go back to the Keane and Jewell era - we don't - then there are loads more.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 14:09]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:00 - Oct 3 with 1946 viewsDubtractor

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 13:52 - Oct 3 by Steve_M

It's far too early to write Keane off, especially as he wasn't expected to play straight away.

It's Janoi Donacien anyway. And if we want to go back to the Keane and Jewell era - we don't - then there are loads more.

I've voiced my reservations a few times, and still have them, I think I'm in a minority that was underwhelmed that we resigned him.

Hopefully I'll be proved to be a fool as he bags the goals to see us promoted though.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 14:05]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:03 - Oct 3 with 1925 viewsMrTown

Not like TWTD forum to jump the gun.

Whilst to be cautious is fair, to simply say "Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing" is probably jumping the gun.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:03 - Oct 3 with 1906 viewsHerbivore

You signing up to TWTD trumps it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:16 - Oct 3 with 1855 viewsgiant_stow

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:03 - Oct 3 by Herbivore

You signing up to TWTD trumps it.

Don't be mean to cheeky chico, brute!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:17 - Oct 3 with 1854 viewschicoazul

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 13:52 - Oct 3 by Steve_M

My man Janoi didnt sign injured though! Although he was certainly a perfect Banter Era signing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:18 - Oct 3 with 1849 viewschicoazul

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:00 - Oct 3 by Dubtractor

I've voiced my reservations a few times, and still have them, I think I'm in a minority that was underwhelmed that we resigned him.

Hopefully I'll be proved to be a fool as he bags the goals to see us promoted though.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 14:05]

Bet he's on mahusive wages too. And he has only scored 9 goals in 10 seasons as a professional. And he's injured, and we signed him injured.

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:28 - Oct 3 with 1823 viewspablovian

I expect Will Keane to contribute significantly this season. Assuming that we get back to the Championship, his value will increase even more.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 14:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:31 - Oct 3 with 1810 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:33 - Oct 3 with 1798 viewschicoazul

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:28 - Oct 3 by pablovian

I expect Will Keane to contribute significantly this season. Assuming that we get back to the Championship, his value will increase even more.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 14:30]

No offence to you or he, but why?? He has literally no history of contributing significantly to any team. And BTW I think he is a decent player!

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 15:12 - Oct 3 with 1723 viewspablovian

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 14:33 - Oct 3 by chicoazul

No offence to you or he, but why?? He has literally no history of contributing significantly to any team. And BTW I think he is a decent player!

His skill is unquestionable. He has a fantastic first touch, is fast, skillful and tricky, and is a clinical finisher. In terms of skill, he is a very good Championship level player, and has the potential to play in the Premier League.

His injury record is problematic, which is why we could afford to sign him. I like the risk-reward trade-off because he can be eased back into the team as a sporadic alternative to the Norwood/Jackson pairing. With a manageable work load in a large squad that is being managed very astutely, he will be more durable. In addition, he is now at an age (mid twenties) where a lot of players become more resilient due to physical maturation.

Not a can't miss slam-dunk, but a very attractive risk-reward profile ...
Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 15:21 - Oct 3 with 1702 viewshoppy

Isn't Mustapha Carayol part of the correct answer here?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 15:43 - Oct 3 with 1649 viewschicoazul

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 15:12 - Oct 3 by pablovian

His skill is unquestionable. He has a fantastic first touch, is fast, skillful and tricky, and is a clinical finisher. In terms of skill, he is a very good Championship level player, and has the potential to play in the Premier League.

His injury record is problematic, which is why we could afford to sign him. I like the risk-reward trade-off because he can be eased back into the team as a sporadic alternative to the Norwood/Jackson pairing. With a manageable work load in a large squad that is being managed very astutely, he will be more durable. In addition, he is now at an age (mid twenties) where a lot of players become more resilient due to physical maturation.

Not a can't miss slam-dunk, but a very attractive risk-reward profile ...

TYB, and I hope you're right, but I just cant see it.

Is there a more pointless (and expensive) signing in recent years on 18:15 - Oct 3 with 1441 viewsBlueBadger

Pretty much any signing from the Banter Era - From Lee Martin to Paul Taylor and many others besides.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024