Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
December 12th 17:25 - Oct 24 with 2854 viewsGuthrum

Is when Johnson wants his election - if Labour will let him.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

December 12th on 20:30 - Oct 24 with 657 viewsPJH

December 12th on 20:26 - Oct 24 by Ryorry

If it were that date, I'd feel sorry for the poor officials having to arrive and leave in the dark, & sat in freezing cold village halls etc. for the 15 hours in-between!

They could spend the time writing out their xmas cards, just about time for getting them posted before December 25th-unless Boris applies to put xmas back three months.
December 12th on 20:31 - Oct 24 with 656 viewsStokieBlue

December 12th on 17:33 - Oct 24 by Herbivore

It's an interesting strategy. He'll allow more time to get his deal through but only if a GE is approved, but then if his deal gets through then what's the rush for a GE as his main quarrel with parliament has been its inability to deliver on leaving the EU? Seems like he's pushing for a win/win scenario when he can't even buy a win.

Was listening to the analysis earlier on the radio and they were of the opinion that the SNP and Libs would agree and then it's all on Labour and actually hard for them not to agree.

They have been pushing for an election for years and given this will need after the threat of a no deal brexit it's hard to see how they could refuse given all their previous statements.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

December 12th on 20:35 - Oct 24 with 642 viewsfooters

December 12th on 20:31 - Oct 24 by StokieBlue

Was listening to the analysis earlier on the radio and they were of the opinion that the SNP and Libs would agree and then it's all on Labour and actually hard for them not to agree.

They have been pushing for an election for years and given this will need after the threat of a no deal brexit it's hard to see how they could refuse given all their previous statements.

SB

Let's do this!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

December 12th on 20:36 - Oct 24 with 640 viewsLeoMuff

December 12th on 19:32 - Oct 24 by hampstead_blue

JC is panicking and finding more tenuous reasons to delay both Brexit and an election.

The tories, lib dems, and SNP will go for an election as they will be the winners. Labour are boiled.

Be interesting to see what other reasons JC trips out for delaying an election. Wind direction, ITFC not top of the table, mushrooms to expensive in Aldi........

Exactly what Teresa thought last time.... not everyone is taken in by the Daily Mail, Sun and express.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

December 12th on 20:38 - Oct 24 with 636 viewsfactual_blue

December 12th on 20:14 - Oct 24 by ITFC_Forever

I was Joseph I’ll have you know.

Started off as a star in reception and worked my way up through the ranks over the years before landing the big one.

Spoiler alert - you were cuckolded.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

December 12th on 20:45 - Oct 24 with 623 viewsPJH

December 12th on 20:38 - Oct 24 by factual_blue

Oh god, no!

(Not sure I can post that).
December 12th on 21:00 - Oct 24 with 599 viewsHerbivore

December 12th on 20:31 - Oct 24 by StokieBlue

SB

Looks like the SNP aren't necessarily on board though. Not sure Lib Dems would be either given they are opposed to Brexit and this opens the door for Johnson to potentially get his deal through.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

December 12th on 21:03 - Oct 24 with 592 viewsZedRodgers

JC is panicking and finding more tenuous reasons to delay both Brexit and an election.

The tories, lib dems, and SNP will go for an election as they will be the winners. Labour are boiled.

Be interesting to see what other reasons JC trips out for delaying an election. Wind direction, ITFC not top of the table, mushrooms to expensive in Aldi........

Terrible take Hampstead, but it is refreshing to scroll past a few replies in this thread before finding somebody who’s been indoctrinated by Cummings.

Even the most reasonable Brexit supporters can understand and acknowledge the government ploy of pushing Labour for an election before pulling the WAB. Admittedly, some will keep up the public-facing facade of it being Labour’s fear of the polls. It’s clear your attempt at comedy is actually a lack of understanding though.

No, not at the moment

Login to get fewer ads

December 12th on 21:10 - Oct 24 with 579 viewsfooters

December 12th on 21:03 - Oct 24 by ZedRodgers

Terrible take Hampstead, but it is refreshing to scroll past a few replies in this thread before finding somebody who’s been indoctrinated by Cummings.

Even the most reasonable Brexit supporters can understand and acknowledge the government ploy of pushing Labour for an election before pulling the WAB. Admittedly, some will keep up the public-facing facade of it being Labour’s fear of the polls. It’s clear your attempt at comedy is actually a lack of understanding though.

Great to have you back, Zed. I hope you've spent the summer conditioning that chest hair to its most hirsute brilliance :)

Ladies can never resist a properly groomed love rug!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

December 12th on 21:22 - Oct 24 with 559 viewsITFC_Forever

December 12th on 20:38 - Oct 24 by factual_blue

Son of God indeed.

Didn’t stop me taking him to kids for a quid chariot racing.

Catering for gatherings at home was a doddle with Him about as well. Only needed some water and some bread and fish. Job done.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

December 12th on 21:27 - Oct 24 with 554 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You just failed the Mystic Meg audition ....SNP and Liberals not playing ball!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

December 12th on 21:29 - Oct 24 with 549 viewsZedRodgers

December 12th on 21:10 - Oct 24 by footers

Great to have you back, Zed. I hope you've spent the summer conditioning that chest hair to its most hirsute brilliance :)

Ladies can never resist a properly groomed love rug!

I have and I’m ready to shove it in the face of the electorate on the doorstep.

No, not at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024