Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farage on the attack? 13:03 - Nov 1 with 4276 viewsDarth_Koont

According to him Boris's deal would apparently be "the end of Brexit"!?? And they'll put up candidates in every seat on the UK mainland !??

Must admit I thought the Brexit Party wouldn't go against the Tories and certainly not weaken their vote in any marginals. By splitting the vote, this would also seem to signal the end of any serious pro-Brexit force in the HoC making Brexit even more unlikely.

Is this the opening shot in a negotiation or is it for real? Of course, the more he goes for it, the better it is for his own personal brand and maybe he likes that more than any remote chance of power where he could be found out and blamed in any case.

Pronouns: He/Him

Farage on the attack? on 15:35 - Nov 1 with 899 viewsOldsmoker

Farage on the attack? on 14:44 - Nov 1 by itfcjoe

But 40-50 seats? I just don't see there being loads of constituencies where the Tories get in with 30-40% of the vote because Labour and LDs have split the other 60%

I think when push comes to shove, people will vote tactically to remove the Tories

Even more so with the number of young people registering to vote since the election was announced.
Over 65 - 7,000
25-34 - 56,000
Under 25 - 59,000
In total 177,000 have applied to register since they announced the election.
People don't register this close to an election and then don't bother to vote.
I don't know how these people will vote but I'd be surprised if the majority of them were voting for the Tories or the Brexit party. I suspect a lot of the under 25's will go for Labour (Max Leader), Green (Climate) or Lib Dems (Revoke A50).
26th November is the last day to apply to get on the voting register so I think we should keep an eye on the numbers.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Farage on the attack? on 16:00 - Nov 1 with 864 viewsElderGrizzly

Farage on the attack? on 15:35 - Nov 1 by Oldsmoker

Even more so with the number of young people registering to vote since the election was announced.
Over 65 - 7,000
25-34 - 56,000
Under 25 - 59,000
In total 177,000 have applied to register since they announced the election.
People don't register this close to an election and then don't bother to vote.
I don't know how these people will vote but I'd be surprised if the majority of them were voting for the Tories or the Brexit party. I suspect a lot of the under 25's will go for Labour (Max Leader), Green (Climate) or Lib Dems (Revoke A50).
26th November is the last day to apply to get on the voting register so I think we should keep an eye on the numbers.

Sadly its where these people are that is going to be key. Spread too thinly it will make little difference.

It is over 2 million new registered voters this year now too. That gives me more hope, as 60%+ are under 21.

Farage was always going to make this about him and he will try to twist this into him being the ‘saviour’ of Brexit. Getting Trump to show support for him or Boris could backfire given the mess in the USA right now too.
Farage on the attack? on 16:03 - Nov 1 with 856 viewsfooters

Farage on the attack? on 16:00 - Nov 1 by ElderGrizzly

Sadly its where these people are that is going to be key. Spread too thinly it will make little difference.

It is over 2 million new registered voters this year now too. That gives me more hope, as 60%+ are under 21.

Farage was always going to make this about him and he will try to twist this into him being the ‘saviour’ of Brexit. Getting Trump to show support for him or Boris could backfire given the mess in the USA right now too.

Not if the loons idolise Trump too, which many of them seem to. That counts more for Farage's lunatic fringe than the Tories' though. Although if you support Boris then an endorsement from Trump probably is a shot in the arm.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Farage on the attack? on 16:09 - Nov 1 with 836 viewsOldsmoker

If the Brexit party get MPs (It's possible) then they'll have a leader who doesn't sit in the HoC. Johnson may well need these BP MPs to form a coalition. Farage is not going to be part of the cabinet that's for sure and I think that would rattle his cage. After Brexit, he is no longer an MEP so he'll have to stand for by-elections and the fun that people will have making sure he doesn't get elected will be the soap opera we've all been waiting for.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Farage on the attack? on 17:05 - Nov 1 with 790 viewsAlexwaddell

Farage on the attack? on 14:44 - Nov 1 by itfcjoe

But 40-50 seats? I just don't see there being loads of constituencies where the Tories get in with 30-40% of the vote because Labour and LDs have split the other 60%

I think when push comes to shove, people will vote tactically to remove the Tories

Maybe there is a case for Proportional Representation rather than First Past the Post?

Poll: What was today?

Farage on the attack? on 18:50 - Nov 1 with 754 viewsDarth_Koont

Farage on the attack? on 17:05 - Nov 1 by Alexwaddell

Maybe there is a case for Proportional Representation rather than First Past the Post?

Undoubtedly. It's the single reason our politicians have been so rubbish and have allowed serious issues affecting the country and its citizens to descend into often binary but always partisan game-playing. That has also given rise to the sort of morally and politically empty politicians we see all too frequently.

If someone can show me a less representative and fit for purpose democracy in the Western world, then go for it. US is a sh!tshow but at least it has powerful state and local representation to provide some balance and get people's voices heard.

In our country the majority of GE votes just disappear and never count towards anything. And that's pretty much that for these people.

Pronouns: He/Him

Farage on the attack? on 20:19 - Nov 1 with 679 viewsPecker

Farage is a knob.
Farage on the attack? on 20:38 - Nov 1 with 658 viewsMVBlue

Farage on Fox news living in America, Trump in jail and a Corbyn/LibDem/SNP coalition created by a huge young voter turnout.

Could happen.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024