Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars 21:32 - Nov 3 with 4242 viewsjohn_itfc

Anyone else go today?

Amazing atmosphere and to see how the sport has grown in the UK. Shame Jags were pretty poor.
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 08:13 - Nov 4 with 3230 viewsitfcjoe

Was it full? It feels Wembley games are going to be a much harder sell now Tottenham is up and running - there were tickets for the game last week going for pennies on secondary sale websites

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 08:21 - Nov 4 with 3223 viewsjohn_itfc

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 08:13 - Nov 4 by itfcjoe

Was it full? It feels Wembley games are going to be a much harder sell now Tottenham is up and running - there were tickets for the game last week going for pennies on secondary sale websites

Official attendance was 84 thousand. There were the odd few empty seats. I must admit I was thinking the same thing about the Tottenham stadium. The concourse areas at Wembley were a joke yesterday, it was like sardines and the ques for food were a write off. I am told Tottenhams new ground is a far more civilised affair.
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 10:45 - Nov 4 with 3160 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 08:13 - Nov 4 by itfcjoe

Think it’s more a case of saturation. 4 games in just over a month is quite a bit for most fans when you consider travelling costs and everything else that comes with it, and the quality of games on paper hasn’t been particularly strong this year for one reason or another

Probably a bit ungrateful given we’re lucky to have games here at all but it’s hard to get too excited when the game is either obviously lopsided or 2 average teams. Given how long they’ve been coming over for now and the volume of games the novelty factor itself isn’t enough to carry through

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 10:49 - Nov 4 with 3149 viewsitfcjoe

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 10:45 - Nov 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Think it’s more a case of saturation. 4 games in just over a month is quite a bit for most fans when you consider travelling costs and everything else that comes with it, and the quality of games on paper hasn’t been particularly strong this year for one reason or another

Probably a bit ungrateful given we’re lucky to have games here at all but it’s hard to get too excited when the game is either obviously lopsided or 2 average teams. Given how long they’ve been coming over for now and the volume of games the novelty factor itself isn’t enough to carry through

I've still got STs at both grounds but not been to any games this year - both my kids have October birthdays which doesn't help but sort of looking for the match ups that interest me now.

I've basically given my Wembley STs away to a mate now and said he can just have them long term if he wants them, not usre I can officially transfer them but would if I could (and have said if Vikings are over, I'd like to go) as they are good seats in a decent price bracket.

I will try and get to at least one of the 2 Spurs games going forwards, stadium is much better served and easier to get to from Ipswich, plus being newer will be easier to attract mates to come with me to this one!

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 11:08 - Nov 4 with 3129 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 10:49 - Nov 4 by itfcjoe

I've still got STs at both grounds but not been to any games this year - both my kids have October birthdays which doesn't help but sort of looking for the match ups that interest me now.

I've basically given my Wembley STs away to a mate now and said he can just have them long term if he wants them, not usre I can officially transfer them but would if I could (and have said if Vikings are over, I'd like to go) as they are good seats in a decent price bracket.

I will try and get to at least one of the 2 Spurs games going forwards, stadium is much better served and easier to get to from Ipswich, plus being newer will be easier to attract mates to come with me to this one!

Used to have ST’s with friends and similar happened with us - at one point there were 5 of us then 3, then 2, and started to find we were struggling to even give tickets away when we couldn’t go. Ended up ditching them altogether a couple of years ago when the games were particularly cr*p - even though we had pretty decent seats at a decent cost too (higher tier is cheaper at Wembley despite arguably being a better view for American Football, IMO)

All about the quality of the matchup for me, but difficult to see how they get much better given the teams that will give up a home game

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 11:11 - Nov 4 with 3124 viewsElephantintheRoom

No - but I did go to the Rams v Bengals game last week.... which was also a tad one sided and lacked excitement. Turns out my tickets had been sold by a nice gent from Cincinatti whose nephew should have been playing for the Bengals - but got traded to the Broncos, so some of his group didn't go to the game and he flogged some tickets to a business competitor of Marcus Evans who was doing extremely brisk business at the local hotel. The ticket arrangements for these games is a godsend for touts ... not sure how many fans get tickets from official sources .... but I bet its less than 50%... so all things considered the crowds have held up well.

The downside of having more games is that it shows a largely TV audience just how dull a live game can be with all the ad breaks and puerile beard cams, WHOSE HOUSE?????? etc etc whilst nothing is happening. Beer and food were pretty good at the RAms game - quick to serve if eye-wateringly expensive.... but having had lunch and a few beers before hand that wasn't a huge issue.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 11:13 - Nov 4 with 3121 viewsitfcjoe

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 11:08 - Nov 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Used to have ST’s with friends and similar happened with us - at one point there were 5 of us then 3, then 2, and started to find we were struggling to even give tickets away when we couldn’t go. Ended up ditching them altogether a couple of years ago when the games were particularly cr*p - even though we had pretty decent seats at a decent cost too (higher tier is cheaper at Wembley despite arguably being a better view for American Football, IMO)

All about the quality of the matchup for me, but difficult to see how they get much better given the teams that will give up a home game

Also games that look good when they are announced can often be almost dead games when they get here with obvious outcomes - like both Wembley games have been in reality this year.

I had 4 at Wembley, which I subsequently split into 2 pairs and kept one of them, now basically lost the other pair. But they are the row at Wembley in upper tier when price goes down (Rwo 21?), bang on the 50 yard line and on an aisle so really good.

Got a pair at Spurs in 'The Wall' about 2/3s of the way up, looked at the seat when there for football and friends who went to the NFL there said they were a good spot

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 11:15 - Nov 4 with 3116 viewsMaySixth

Awful game

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Login to get fewer ads

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 12:21 - Nov 4 with 3082 viewsBlueBadger

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 11:15 - Nov 4 by MaySixth

Awful game

Did you expect anything else from a sport which is basically slowed-down rugby with more ad breaks?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 20:11 - Nov 4 with 2965 viewsbritbiker

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 10:49 - Nov 4 by itfcjoe

Been to virtually all the Nfl London games and the London monarchs european games previously.

However this year NFL decided not to honour the season tickets holders first option for the tottenham games. Thus as I work on site and therefore cannot sit by a computer or phone for hours, I was unable to get any tickets for the two spurs games.
They appeared to have offloaded loads of tickets to secondary sites who then whacked on a huge premium and also obscene booking fee on top.

Me and my friends therefore decided not to pay these scum sites and also then opted not to go to the Wembley games either as a protest. Watched all the matches on TV instead and quite glad as the Wembley ones were not good this year. The year before we had some excellent games.

Through their greed the NFL have lost three customers x four matches which is no problem to them this year as everyone wanted to view the new spurs ground, but if the future agenda is for eight games then it will cost them in the long run.

I will now only choose a random game. My mates won't go anymore. Saves me over £500 each year plus travel etc. Plus I am home to watch the late kick offs on Sky rather than travelling home.
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 20:40 - Nov 4 with 2930 viewsGogs

I was there. I still love it and have no problems shifting any spare tickets. Couldn't get tickets at spurs, but interested in them next year. Jags disappointing but Texans after early defensive errors looked really good
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 21:46 - Nov 4 with 2887 viewsjohn_itfc

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 20:40 - Nov 4 by Gogs

I was there. I still love it and have no problems shifting any spare tickets. Couldn't get tickets at spurs, but interested in them next year. Jags disappointing but Texans after early defensive errors looked really good

Would love to see an established UK team playing home games at Wembley or perhaps even touring several grounds. Featuring in the NFL is probably the only viable option, I don't think there is enough to get a euorpe leauge going I know it was tried before and failed.
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 22:32 - Nov 4 with 2860 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 12:21 - Nov 4 by BlueBadger

Did you expect anything else from a sport which is basically slowed-down rugby with more ad breaks?

THERE HE IS!!!!

Like clockwork. You could find some other NFL threads on different sites to moan on as well. Or maybe just ignore a thread named "Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars"
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 22:33 - Nov 4 with 2859 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 21:46 - Nov 4 by john_itfc

Would love to see an established UK team playing home games at Wembley or perhaps even touring several grounds. Featuring in the NFL is probably the only viable option, I don't think there is enough to get a euorpe leauge going I know it was tried before and failed.

There is not enough talent to have a separate league a London franchise is the only real option if that's the kind of thing you want, it could happen.
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 23:57 - Nov 4 with 2825 viewsbritbiker

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 22:32 - Nov 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

THERE HE IS!!!!

Like clockwork. You could find some other NFL threads on different sites to moan on as well. Or maybe just ignore a thread named "Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars"

Was thinking the same but decided to ignore him. I've heard this kind of thing for 30 years. I played AF and rugby for many years and loved both. Unfortunately I received and caused more injuries playing AF, probably due to wearing pads and helmets making you put your head in places you wouldn't normally.

There were a group of us who played for Colchester rugby club on a Saturday then for the Gladiators on a Sunday.

I get that some don't get AF but its just like violent chess. Once you understand some of the technicalities you get to enjoy the battle that goes on at every level.
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 06:04 - Nov 5 with 2748 viewsbrogansnose

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 22:32 - Nov 4 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

THERE HE IS!!!!

I'm sure that in his own little world he thinks he's being funny.
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 08:31 - Nov 5 with 2711 viewsitfcjoe

The Chargers to London? Guess it makes sense in many ways as their move to LA been a predictable disaster

https://theathletic.co.uk/1347540/2019/11/04/with-london-ready-for-an-nfl-team-t

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 09:52 - Nov 5 with 2676 viewsjohn_itfc

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 08:31 - Nov 5 by itfcjoe

The Chargers to London? Guess it makes sense in many ways as their move to LA been a predictable disaster

https://theathletic.co.uk/1347540/2019/11/04/with-london-ready-for-an-nfl-team-t

I 'Support' (if you can call it that) the Jags. I picked them a few years back now on the basis that they would be most likely to establish in London and liked the idea of one guaranteed home game per season at wembley.

The contract to guarantee this is up next season and with Khan blocked at buying wembley stadium earlier this year im wondering if this will be renewed / if he will have the desire to renew this.

Id not considered the chargers being the team to move thanks for the link. I guess it makes sense.

My favoured option would be that none of the teams move to the UK but we have two new established clubs one in London and one in Germany - the germans were very well represented at Wembly on sunday.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 9:52]
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 10:16 - Nov 5 with 2649 viewsbritbiker

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 09:52 - Nov 5 by john_itfc

I 'Support' (if you can call it that) the Jags. I picked them a few years back now on the basis that they would be most likely to establish in London and liked the idea of one guaranteed home game per season at wembley.

The contract to guarantee this is up next season and with Khan blocked at buying wembley stadium earlier this year im wondering if this will be renewed / if he will have the desire to renew this.

Id not considered the chargers being the team to move thanks for the link. I guess it makes sense.

My favoured option would be that none of the teams move to the UK but we have two new established clubs one in London and one in Germany - the germans were very well represented at Wembly on sunday.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 9:52]

Surprised the NFL hasn't done more in Germany and Holland. There are always loads of fans that come over for the games. Germany was a stronghold during the NFL Europe era.
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 10:25 - Nov 5 with 2641 viewsbritbiker

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 08:31 - Nov 5 by itfcjoe

Assumed Jags were being groomed as a future London franchise as they haven't been overly successful. Thought they would be a force last year but failed once again.
Agree that Chargers could be an outsider as their home support is weak and games attract larger away fan base. They always seem to find a way to lose from good positions, however they appear to finally have a bit more about them in the previous two games.
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 10:29 - Nov 5 with 2637 viewsjohn_itfc

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 10:16 - Nov 5 by britbiker

Surprised the NFL hasn't done more in Germany and Holland. There are always loads of fans that come over for the games. Germany was a stronghold during the NFL Europe era.

I think the german market is about to explode. With the patriots apparently looking to exploit it.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/nfl-germany-overseas-markets
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 11:17 - Nov 5 with 2612 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 10:25 - Nov 5 by britbiker

Assumed Jags were being groomed as a future London franchise as they haven't been overly successful. Thought they would be a force last year but failed once again.
Agree that Chargers could be an outsider as their home support is weak and games attract larger away fan base. They always seem to find a way to lose from good positions, however they appear to finally have a bit more about them in the previous two games.

Side point

My wholly scientific research of playing a sad game spotting shirts for each team whenever we went to Wembley and seeing which was the last we saw revealed that the Titans and Chargers were by far and away the least supported teams in the UK

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 11:26 - Nov 5 with 2604 viewsyorkshireblue

I went to Panthers vs Bucs at Spurs this year, having been to multiple games at both Wembley and Twickenham - and it was by far the best experience.

It just feels like you're watching in an NFL stadium, rather than a converted football/rugby one. Queues for food/drink - including the brewery - moved remarkably quick.

If the games that come over are ones that I'm not that fussed about (people in my group support that Cowboys, Packers and the mighty Cardinals - so basically ones that don't involve those teams) I would only go to Spurs games in future.
Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 11:52 - Nov 5 with 2588 viewsitfcjoe

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 10:25 - Nov 5 by britbiker

I think the Jags were because Jacksonville is Gators Country and NFL never seems to have kicked off there - but now the Chargers are in such a rubbish position that something needs to be done to sort them.

They have no fans, their game against Gb on Sunday was basically an away game when you looked at the ground, as it was against the Steelers previously. They are unwanted and need to go somewhere, LA isn't for them

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 11:58 - Nov 5 with 2582 viewsitfcjoe

Houston Texans Vs Jacksonville Jaguars on 11:17 - Nov 5 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Side point

My wholly scientific research of playing a sad game spotting shirts for each team whenever we went to Wembley and seeing which was the last we saw revealed that the Titans and Chargers were by far and away the least supported teams in the UK

Guess that would change if they relocated....!

They have just become a totally nothing franchise after leaving SD, and they weren't exactly a big hitter before then

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024