Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bad day for the Tories yesterday 08:28 - Nov 6 with 7954 viewsitfcjoe

- Alun Cairns - Cabinet Minister
Had denied he had any knowledge that one of his aides had sabotaged a rape trial. letter leaked showing he had knowledge of it and ignored it

- Jacob Rees-Mogg - leader of the Commons
Says people that died in grenfell should have shown more 'common sense, later has to apologise

- Andrew Bridgen
Defends Rees-Mogg and says he is cleverer than those who died in Grenfell. Has to apologise this morning

- Russia report
Quashed until after GE, a gift to the opposition

- 200,000 affordable new houses promised - report shows not even 1 built

- Keir Starmer video Doctored
CCHQ tweets, and Johnson RTs a video of an interview with Piers Morgan and Doctors the end saying he couldn't answer when he could. Video taken down, but James Cleverly on GMB this morning defending it and getting laid into by Piers Morgan

There was probably more, but a lot of stuff int here which will be used against them throughout the campaign, a real disaster of a day.

Today, the PM launches his campaign comparing Corbyn to Stalin, using the exact same quote he used about Gordon brown when he put tax rate up to 50p in 2009.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:33]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 16:40 - Nov 6 with 1408 viewsbrazil1982

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:46 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

So bad that they pulled James Cleverley from a Sky interview despite him actually turning up:

He wasn't booked to appear on that interview.
A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 16:47 - Nov 6 with 1396 viewsbrazil1982

"- Jacob Rees-Mogg - leader of the Commons
Says people that died in grenfell should have shown more 'common sense, later has to apologise

- Andrew Bridgen
Defends Rees-Mogg and says he is cleverer than those who died in Grenfell. Has to apologise this morning"

Can we at least try to get these quotes correct.

1. JRM did not say the people in Grenfell should have shown "more common sense".
2. AB did not say JRM was cleverer than those who died in the disaster.
A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:04 - Nov 6 with 1371 viewsHerbivore

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 16:40 - Nov 6 by brazil1982

Hello my friend, I am CEO of World Bank and have US $150000000 to transfer to UK for which I need your help. Please send $5000 to me via Western Union money transfer to confirm and set up payment.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:04 - Nov 6 with 1371 viewsHerbivore

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 16:47 - Nov 6 by brazil1982

"- Jacob Rees-Mogg - leader of the Commons

- Andrew Bridgen
Defends Rees-Mogg and says he is cleverer than those who died in Grenfell. Has to apologise this morning"

Can we at least try to get these quotes correct.

1. JRM did not say the people in Grenfell should have shown "more common sense".
2. AB did not say JRM was cleverer than those who died in the disaster.

This is what is known as defending the indefensible. Even the heartless nasty party have realised their comments were out of order.

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:22 - Nov 6 with 1344 viewsKievthegreat

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 13:03 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

How are the polls narrowing?

New poll just out...

Tories now down in consecutive yougov polls.
A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:24 - Nov 6 with 1337 viewspointofblue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:22 - Nov 6 by Kievthegreat

New poll just out...

At least under May the Tories held up - indeed increased their vote. The big issue for them is Labour did the same.

The greatest irony about this election is either the Conservatives or Labour could see a fall in vote share (highly likely, I would have thought) yet win an outright majority.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:34 - Nov 6 with 1318 viewsGlasgowBlue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:22 - Nov 6 by Kievthegreat

New poll just out...

But no gain for Labour. More than happy to see the Tory vote go to the Lib Dems.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:37 - Nov 6 with 1315 viewsgiant_stow

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:34 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

But no gain for Labour. More than happy to see the Tory vote go to the Lib Dems.

Are you a remainer now then mr?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:44 - Nov 6 with 1301 viewsGlasgowBlue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:37 - Nov 6 by giant_stow

Are you a remainer now then mr?

Aaron Banks referred to the National Crime Agency by GlasgowBlue 1 Nov 2018 14:40
Less a case of switching to remain and more a case of

A) Not having the politicians capable enough to deliver a forwards thinking globally inclusive Brexit that opens our country to both trade and immigration from outside the EU

B) too many racists and knuckle dragged associating themselves with Brexit

C) the wrong time to leave the EU with the world a far more volatile and uncertain place due to Trump and Putin

With regards to your last point; in what warped world would it make sense to vote for a racist and an antisemite (copyright Sir Trevor Phillips and Dame Margaret Hodge)?

Brexit doesn't come into my decision to vote Lib Dem. They are the only one of the three main parties to have any moral decency.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:46 - Nov 6 with 1299 viewsgiant_stow

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:44 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

Aaron Banks referred to the National Crime Agency by GlasgowBlue 1 Nov 2018 14:40
Less a case of switching to remain and more a case of

A) Not having the politicians capable enough to deliver a forwards thinking globally inclusive Brexit that opens our country to both trade and immigration from outside the EU

B) too many racists and knuckle dragged associating themselves with Brexit

C) the wrong time to leave the EU with the world a far more volatile and uncertain place due to Trump and Putin

With regards to your last point; in what warped world would it make sense to vote for a racist and an antisemite (copyright Sir Trevor Phillips and Dame Margaret Hodge)?

Brexit doesn't come into my decision to vote Lib Dem. They are the only one of the three main parties to have any moral decency.

Fair enough and thanks for the answer.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 18:00 - Nov 6 with 1283 viewsbrazil1982

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 17:04 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

This is what is known as defending the indefensible. Even the heartless nasty party have realised their comments were out of order.

Criticise all you like, these quotes are incorrect. I am not defending any original quotes or comments but I would rather these be posted as correct.
Show me where AB has said JRM is cleverer than those victims.
A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 18:10 - Nov 6 with 1273 viewsKievthegreat

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 16:40 - Nov 6 by brazil1982

I guess the full story will be in tomorrow's Times
A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 18:56 - Nov 6 with 1248 viewsHerbivore

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 18:00 - Nov 6 by brazil1982

Criticise all you like, these quotes are incorrect. I am not defending any original quotes or comments but I would rather these be posted as correct.
Show me where AB has said JRM is cleverer than those victims.

It is implicit in what he said. JRM would have survived because he knows better, he is superior. Quibbling over the exact phrasing is a really bad look, if you had any decency you'd simply condemn the comments rather than nitpick.

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:53 - Nov 7 with 1171 viewsnoggin

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 18:56 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

It is implicit in what he said. JRM would have survived because he knows better, he is superior. Quibbling over the exact phrasing is a really bad look, if you had any decency you'd simply condemn the comments rather than nitpick.

Yeah but Jeremy Corbyn 🙄

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024