Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A bad day for the Tories yesterday 08:28 - Nov 6 with 7950 viewsitfcjoe

- Alun Cairns - Cabinet Minister
Had denied he had any knowledge that one of his aides had sabotaged a rape trial. letter leaked showing he had knowledge of it and ignored it

- Jacob Rees-Mogg - leader of the Commons
Says people that died in grenfell should have shown more 'common sense, later has to apologise

- Andrew Bridgen
Defends Rees-Mogg and says he is cleverer than those who died in Grenfell. Has to apologise this morning

- Russia report
Quashed until after GE, a gift to the opposition

- 200,000 affordable new houses promised - report shows not even 1 built

- Keir Starmer video Doctored
CCHQ tweets, and Johnson RTs a video of an interview with Piers Morgan and Doctors the end saying he couldn't answer when he could. Video taken down, but James Cleverly on GMB this morning defending it and getting laid into by Piers Morgan

There was probably more, but a lot of stuff int here which will be used against them throughout the campaign, a real disaster of a day.

Today, the PM launches his campaign comparing Corbyn to Stalin, using the exact same quote he used about Gordon brown when he put tax rate up to 50p in 2009.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:33]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:36 - Nov 6 with 2720 viewspointofblue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:21 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

Getting your excuses in early? You are the Paul Hurst of TWTD.

It seems you have already been briefed on how to deal with labour candidates with unsavoury views. By my reckoning that’s 4 who have been quietly dropped this week alone fir things ranging from rabid antisemitism to assaulting pregnant women.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 11:23]

At least they’ve been dropped, unlike the Conservative candidate who said those taking part in Benefits Street should be put down.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:40 - Nov 6 with 2712 viewsActionMan

They will still win the election because roughly 40% of the population are idiots, but the same can be said for people who are stupid enough to still vote Labour and expect them to be any different, or the Lib-Dems. Anyone willing to vote for those three lots of criminals frankly has to be below average standard intelligence.

How many times are you going to be fooled by the same old lies, the same non-delivery of promises, the same fiddling, the same general scummy behavior and STILL vote based on your mindless, basically religious support, for those scumbags?

We can fix all this. Just refuse to vote for the Conservatives, Labour and the Liberal Democrats. If you are a remainer, vote Green, if you are a leaver vote Brexit Party or UKIP. Remember for years the Con-Lab-libs said you shouldn't vote for smaller parties, they'd turn the country into an chaotic non-functioning mess. Well guess who did? Not the Brexit Party, nor the Greens but the usual suspects telling lie, after lie, after lie to win your votes and then.... what? Nothing changes.

Wake up.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 11:40]
A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:47 - Nov 6 with 2696 viewsitfcjoe

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:40 - Nov 6 by ActionMan

They will still win the election because roughly 40% of the population are idiots, but the same can be said for people who are stupid enough to still vote Labour and expect them to be any different, or the Lib-Dems. Anyone willing to vote for those three lots of criminals frankly has to be below average standard intelligence.

How many times are you going to be fooled by the same old lies, the same non-delivery of promises, the same fiddling, the same general scummy behavior and STILL vote based on your mindless, basically religious support, for those scumbags?

We can fix all this. Just refuse to vote for the Conservatives, Labour and the Liberal Democrats. If you are a remainer, vote Green, if you are a leaver vote Brexit Party or UKIP. Remember for years the Con-Lab-libs said you shouldn't vote for smaller parties, they'd turn the country into an chaotic non-functioning mess. Well guess who did? Not the Brexit Party, nor the Greens but the usual suspects telling lie, after lie, after lie to win your votes and then.... what? Nothing changes.

Wake up.

So edgy, as always

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:49 - Nov 6 with 2692 viewsDyland

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:40 - Nov 6 by ActionMan

Wake up.

"If you are a remainer, vote Green, if you are a leaver vote Brexit Party or UKIP."

lollers

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:53 - Nov 6 with 2672 viewsGlasgowBlue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:36 - Nov 6 by pointofblue

At least they’ve been dropped, unlike the Conservative candidate who said those taking part in Benefits Street should be put down.

Yes she should be dropped

I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it by GlasgowBlue 4 Nov 2019 11:07
She should be dropped straight away.

I assume you agree that a candidate who said that she would “celebrate” the deaths of Tony Blair and Benjamin Nentanayu and also wrote of her support for “violent resistance” by Palestinians, should also be dropped then? If you are being consistent.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:57 - Nov 6 with 2664 viewsartsbossbeard

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:21 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

Getting your excuses in early? You are the Paul Hurst of TWTD.

It seems you have already been briefed on how to deal with labour candidates with unsavoury views. By my reckoning that’s 4 who have been quietly dropped this week alone fir things ranging from rabid antisemitism to assaulting pregnant women.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 11:23]

Ooh, it's like being across the house from JRM.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:59 - Nov 6 with 2654 viewspointofblue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 11:53 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

Yes she should be dropped

I bet the Tories would make this policy if they could get away with it by GlasgowBlue 4 Nov 2019 11:07
She should be dropped straight away.

I assume you agree that a candidate who said that she would “celebrate” the deaths of Tony Blair and Benjamin Nentanayu and also wrote of her support for “violent resistance” by Palestinians, should also be dropped then? If you are being consistent.

Yes; both parties are as bad as each other in that regard. Coming out publicly against Rees-Mogg’s comments and launching an internal enquiry into Cairns would help them no end as well.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:11 - Nov 6 with 2638 viewsSwailsey

Annnnnd he's gone.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:18 - Nov 6 with 2624 viewsnoggin

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:27 - Nov 6 by BlueBadger

One lass on my FB feed is alternately spamming 'I stand with the firefighters' memes and then 'I'm backing Boris' memes.
Despite more than one person pointing out who it was who cut London fire services drastically in the first place.
And being related to a London firefighter.
Some people are just too thick to live.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 9:37]

One Facebook 'friend' (now deleted), while debating homelessness, stated that, and I quote "Homeless people should do what I do everyday, get up and go to work. There are plenty of jobs out there."

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:24 - Nov 6 with 2595 viewsGlasgowBlue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:11 - Nov 6 by Swailsey

Annnnnd he's gone.

Just seen that. Good.
The Tories have forfeited their right to govern for a very long time and Labour under Corbyn is a cesspit. The Lib Dems are the only one of the three main parties who deserve a chance to have a go at running the country.

Iron Lion Zion

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:25 - Nov 6 with 2596 viewsSwailsey

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:24 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

Just seen that. Good.
The Tories have forfeited their right to govern for a very long time and Labour under Corbyn is a cesspit. The Lib Dems are the only one of the three main parties who deserve a chance to have a go at running the country.

Up-voted for agreement with 2 out of your 4 points :)

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:28 - Nov 6 with 2579 viewsthatdamgood89

Step away from the bubble of social media and it seems the Tories could have bad days all the way to December. Labour seem to be unelectable to a lot of people.

I was at a dog training class last night with my pup and the moment Corbyn was mentioned it was said by everyone 'oh can't elect him' 'can't stand him' 'He can't be PM'

Borris is like marmite and the bet is more love him then hate him.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:34 - Nov 6 with 2560 viewsDarth_Koont

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:28 - Nov 6 by thatdamgood89

Step away from the bubble of social media and it seems the Tories could have bad days all the way to December. Labour seem to be unelectable to a lot of people.

I was at a dog training class last night with my pup and the moment Corbyn was mentioned it was said by everyone 'oh can't elect him' 'can't stand him' 'He can't be PM'

Asking people why they think Corbyn is unelectable or what it is they don't like about him is frequently like asking Brexiteers to explain why Brexit is a good idea.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 12:34]

Pronouns: He/Him

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:39 - Nov 6 with 2532 viewsHerbivore

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:28 - Nov 6 by thatdamgood89

The polls look to be narrowing though. Corbyn is a good campaigner and can offer a positive vision, that will win some people (back) over.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:45 - Nov 6 with 2502 viewsfooters

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:39 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

The polls look to be narrowing though. Corbyn is a good campaigner and can offer a positive vision, that will win some people (back) over.

The Tories and press didn't learn their lesson from last time: the more rabid and unhinged their attacks are on Corbyn, the better it is for him.

Only the Brexit Party and Tories will be muckraking during this campaign, none of the others will engage in such shiftiness. The public can see it for themselves.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:52 - Nov 6 with 2472 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 10:04 - Nov 6 by Swansea_Blue

Every day you think they’ve reached peak ridiculous, but then the next day they exceed expectations.

The real news being buried by all this is, of course, what is in the Russian election interference report that they’re so desperate to bury just before an election.

Indeed. I really thought yesterday’s interviews with Gove & Starmer on radio 5 would take some beating in evasiveness & incompetence, but lo and behold, Cleverley managed It admirably on this morning’s show.
Feckin idiots.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:55 - Nov 6 with 2462 viewsHerbivore

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:45 - Nov 6 by footers

The Tories and press didn't learn their lesson from last time: the more rabid and unhinged their attacks are on Corbyn, the better it is for him.

Only the Brexit Party and Tories will be muckraking during this campaign, none of the others will engage in such shiftiness. The public can see it for themselves.

The Tories are basically running the same campaign as in 2017. Their hubris is staggering and there's already a sense that the public mood is turning against them as they publicly show what monstrous c*nts they are.

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 13:01 - Nov 6 with 2434 viewsartsbossbeard

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:55 - Nov 6 by Herbivore

The Tories are basically running the same campaign as in 2017. Their hubris is staggering and there's already a sense that the public mood is turning against them as they publicly show what monstrous c*nts they are.

Can't see them getting the predicted 100 seat majority this time.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 13:03 - Nov 6 with 2432 viewsGlasgowBlue

How are the polls narrowing?

Iron Lion Zion

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 13:06 - Nov 6 with 2410 viewsHerbivore

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 13:01 - Nov 6 by artsbossbeard

Can't see them getting the predicted 100 seat majority this time.

Not looking at this: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/uk-opinion-polls-boris-johnsons-lead-over-jer

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 13:12 - Nov 6 with 2391 viewsitfcjoe

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 12:45 - Nov 6 by footers

It's like they can't remember how badly the message of 'Get Brexit Done' and 'Corbyn is worse' went 2 years ago, and are just trying it again.

People want to see positivity and hope

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 13:17 - Nov 6 with 2367 viewsuefacup81

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 09:46 - Nov 6 by Steve_M

So bad that they pulled James Cleverley from a Sky interview despite him actually turning up:

After the car crash he had with Louise Minchin on BBC Breakfast, I'm not surprised. You know you've done badly when even BBC Breakfast can get you on the back foot!

As for the 'Corbyn = unelectable' stuff commented on earlier in the thread (is it possible to multi-quote?) therein lies the power of the press. The majority of people believe that because that's what the media have told them.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 15:39 - Nov 6 with 2296 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's started a lot stronger than they have, that's for sure.

‘I’ll tell you what’s common sense: Don’t put flammable cladding on people’s homes. That’s common sense.’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/06/jeremy-corbyn-takes-aim-jacob-rees-mogg-grenfell-

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 15:50 - Nov 6 with 2266 viewsDarth_Koont

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 13:12 - Nov 6 by itfcjoe

It's like they can't remember how badly the message of 'Get Brexit Done' and 'Corbyn is worse' went 2 years ago, and are just trying it again.

People want to see positivity and hope

Indeed. It sounds too much to ask for political parties and especially governments to think about the future.

But it's every bit as important as the present and a lot more important than the past because that's now done. I want a government that cares more for my teen daughters' future whether it's their rights and security at home and in the workplace or the natural environment and society they'll be forced to live in.

They deserve politicians and parties that take that stuff and the goal of a better world seriously.

Pronouns: He/Him

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 16:26 - Nov 6 with 2217 viewslowhouseblue

A bad day for the Tories yesterday on 15:50 - Nov 6 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. It sounds too much to ask for political parties and especially governments to think about the future.

But it's every bit as important as the present and a lot more important than the past because that's now done. I want a government that cares more for my teen daughters' future whether it's their rights and security at home and in the workplace or the natural environment and society they'll be forced to live in.

They deserve politicians and parties that take that stuff and the goal of a better world seriously.

well chris williamson's no longer a candidate so that's a step in the right direction.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 17:31]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024