Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? 21:56 - Nov 23 with 2207 viewsChocorange

I don't think we will see many imcoming signings in Jan and it may be it has to be 1 in 1 out.

Let's say there are 2 positions we could have incoming players...

Which areas of the team would you strengthen and why?

I would go for a striker , we look as toothless as last season with just one up front especially when that one isn't Norwood.We can't rely on Norwood to play every match and Keane hasn't shown enough and Sears is yet to return and may end up playing winger again.

Secondly I would like a left back, this would allow Garbutt to play left mid , where he started the season so well and where he was well thought of and effective fir Oxford last season.
Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 21:59 - Nov 23 with 2187 viewsRomeo4

Agree with you. Left sided player to either play in advance of Garbutt or allow him to play further forward.

And a striker. Preferably one who can lead the line. Keane just doesn’t add enough.
Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 23:46 - Nov 23 with 2073 viewsbournemouthblue

A striker seems unlikely with Sears coming back and the likes of Folami beginning to reappear?

Another winger who can get goals wouldn't go amiss, it would be interesting to see if we resign Ward

A left back is the obvious area of the team where Lambert isn't overly happy, whether we sign someone is anyone's guess

He clearly isn't enamoured with Nsiala, you wouldn't be surprised to see him leaving in January

I suspect we would look to sign another Striker on promotion to the Championship along with one or two other experienced players at that level

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 07:05 - Nov 24 with 1933 viewsFPL_Tractor

My hunch is we’ll try to offload 2 or 3 (Roberts, Nsiala?, Giorgiou) then bring in one higher quality option. Personally I’d go with a left back. I still think Keane and Sears could sort our striking options, surprised Keane didn’t come on earlier yesterday.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 07:48 - Nov 24 with 1907 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

If we’re going to continue hitting long balls, a centre forward who can win headers.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 15:43 - Nov 24 with 1647 viewsPilgrimblue

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 07:48 - Nov 24 by WestStanderLaLaLa

If we’re going to continue hitting long balls, a centre forward who can win headers.

Definitely a young Murphy but where! Maybe a Prem club can help out.

As for Keane, I'm not impressed. He ducks all heading and offers no physical pressence. We're going to see plenty of teams with 5 & 6 like yesterday (tall and no nonsense) so unless we play more on the deck and attack with speed, goals are going to be hard to come by!
Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 15:47 - Nov 24 with 1637 viewsDubtractor

Another forward with a physical presence is the main gap for me. I wonder if we'll try again from the lad from Millwall that failed a medical?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 15:54 - Nov 24 with 1629 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 23:46 - Nov 23 by bournemouthblue

A striker seems unlikely with Sears coming back and the likes of Folami beginning to reappear?

Another winger who can get goals wouldn't go amiss, it would be interesting to see if we resign Ward

A left back is the obvious area of the team where Lambert isn't overly happy, whether we sign someone is anyone's guess

He clearly isn't enamoured with Nsiala, you wouldn't be surprised to see him leaving in January

I suspect we would look to sign another Striker on promotion to the Championship along with one or two other experienced players at that level

My feeling is that Ward would not be any improvement on what we have.

I do think a left back and moving Garbutt forward would add something.

Actually getting Edwards and Georgiou to run at players and take them on more would be good in my opinion.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 16:52 - Nov 24 with 1562 viewsbournemouthblue

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 15:54 - Nov 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Actually getting Edwards and Georgiou to run at players and take them on more would be good in my opinion.

Ward in a confident League One side would be a different proposition I suspect but who knows. I suppose he could even play him as a wing back if he really wanted to?

A decent left back would be useful, I don't think Lambert rates Kenlock

I wonder if another centre back would be considered, not that they are necessarily needed in League One. We certainly need a long term successor to Chambers?

Lambert certainly could get a lot more out of Rowe, Edwards and Georgiou

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 16:58 - Nov 24 with 1556 viewsstrikalite

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 16:52 - Nov 24 by bournemouthblue

Ward in a confident League One side would be a different proposition I suspect but who knows. I suppose he could even play him as a wing back if he really wanted to?

A decent left back would be useful, I don't think Lambert rates Kenlock

I wonder if another centre back would be considered, not that they are necessarily needed in League One. We certainly need a long term successor to Chambers?

Lambert certainly could get a lot more out of Rowe, Edwards and Georgiou

We're not going to get better than we have because no side is going to release them, a couple of loans at best - left wing back obviously and yep someone to hold the ball up upfront, think we all agree.....but being loans they won't be up to speed if they're available, that's always thrown back at us in January..
Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 16:59 - Nov 24 with 1553 viewsJ2BLUE

If we could get Ward signed and Bishop and Sears back it would be great. Ward is worth a six month deal if he will sign.

Then maybe if we can be greedy, possibly a LB.

Oh and I wouldn't be too upset to see a no nonsense brick sh1t house CB come in either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 18:59 - Nov 24 with 1453 viewsWickets

Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 15:54 - Nov 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Complete agreement with that .Dont think we are going to spend so not much coming in . I think soon as we can spend a bit i feel we need a quality Centre back hopefully a leftie a left back and a big striker .So more or less as others have said .
Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 19:44 - Nov 24 with 1384 viewslmfcblue

If Donacien can continue this form KVY could slip into left back to then push Garbutt forward. Can’t see much activity in the window as the squad is plenty big enough
Which positions would you like to see signings in Jan? on 09:42 - Nov 25 with 1162 viewsSamWhiteUK

Probably left back and right wing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024